+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 844 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 690 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Bleach is once again in the bottom 5. And yet Kubo pulls out a chapter where the hero spends the whole chapter going to a place only to be yanked back to the starting place on the last page.

I can only wait to see how this chapter's gonna measure up :P

Discovered Stowaway

What's the deal with Nisekoi? It beat Naruto this week and that series is still full of Uchiha bullcrap. Is it worth reading?

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by f-trash View Post
    What's the deal with Nisekoi? It beat Naruto this week and that series is still full of Uchiha bullcrap. Is it worth reading?
    I read the first 10ish chapters since I like Komi Naoshi, but it seemed like a petty typical shonen-school-childhoodfriend-romance-love-triangle type story. The only twist is that there's yakuza.

Quote Originally Posted by f-trash View Post
    What's the deal with Nisekoi? It beat Naruto this week and that series is still full of Uchiha bullcrap.
    Maybe the Japaneses likes Uchiha bullcrap(no offense).

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Quote Originally Posted by cutty View Post
    It seems like this ToC is a fake.

from Zeromcd @mangahelpers

Jump Issue #32 TOC
    Takamagahara (Cover, Lead CP, New Series, 54pg.)
    Toriko
    One Piece
    Assassination Classroom (Center Colour, 23pg.)
    Nisekoi
    Naruto
    Kuroko no Basket
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Haikyuu!! (Center Colour, 23pg.)
    Koisome Momiji
    Sensei no Bulge (First Ranking)
    Sket Dance
    Beelzebub
    Gintama
    Medaka Box (Center Colour)
    Bleach
    Kochikame
    Reborn!
    Pajama na Kanojo
    Kurogane

Jump Issue #33 Information
    Lead CP/Cover: Sket Dance (5th Year Anniversary)
    Center Colour: Takamagahara, Reborn!
    I'm just glad Naruto's finally dropped from the number 1 spot. It sure was infuriating to see it occupy the spot rightfully reserved for actually good manga.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Maybe the Japaneses likes Uchiha bullcrap(no offense).
    FFS, You do realize these polls are voted by mostly young Japanese boys right? As in, children.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    FFS, You do realize these polls are voted by mostly young Japanese boys right? As in, children.
    Really? Sorry then, the only thing I known for manga rankings I learned from Bakuman.

I updated the first post with a list of mangas that ended during the last years. Just for fun i've calculated the average chapters a new manga gets before its canceled, its exact 29.
    Naruto is so cool it has 600 billion naked Zetsus with armadillo penises dancing under an rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    I updated the first post with a list of mangas that ended during the last years. Just for fun i've calculated the average chapters a new manga gets before its canceled, its exact 29.
    Just a small thing, you should change the wording on the first post, instead of "mangas that got cut" you should write like "mangas that ended/got cancelled"

I don't think series like Bakuman got cut.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Really? Sorry then, the only thing I known for manga rankings I learned from Bakuman.
    Reader polls are sent in using a letter attached to each issue of Weekly Shounen Jump.

By sending in the poll letter, you have a chance of winning various prizes announced in the magazine.
    As WSJ is a magazine aimed for young male predominately early teens, the "prize" you can win from sending the polls in are generally toys and goods aimed or the said age group.
    This is intentional, as WSJ wants an accurate view of how their main demographic feels about their magazine.

Some extremely obsessed female fans also send the poll in, but they base number of these fans are greatly outnumbered by the main base.
    They tend to be more actively involved in character popularity polls.

Adults don't generally vote or care, they simply buy the volumes of manga they like.
    In other words, we cast our vote of support by purchase, not letters for the polls.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; July 5th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.

okay, I was out of the country and away from the internet, and I come back to find both nurarihyon and Magico cancelled!?

fuck and shit. I was really starting to enjoy Nura again, and I've always liked Magico. But I can see why they both got cancelled/wrapped up, Magico especially. Man, Jump is looking a little thin in terms of series I read, lately. But it's hard to pick up new series, because there's like a 75% chance they'll get axed before they even reach 50 chapters, and you'll just end up disappointed.

I just keep getting the impression that every new series in Jump gets prematurely cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    okay, I was out of the country and away from the internet, and I come back to find both nurarihyon and Magico cancelled!?

fuck and shit. I was really starting to enjoy Nura again, and I've always liked Magico. But I can see why they both got cancelled/wrapped up, Magico especially. Man, Jump is looking a little thin in terms of series I read, lately. But it's hard to pick up new series, because there's like a 75% chance they'll get axed before they even reach 50 chapters, and you'll just end up disappointed.
    Nura hasn't been cancelled. The final 3 chapters (with over 60 pages each one) will be featured in the Jump Next the months of august, october and december.

Magico on the other hand succumbed to both the bad rankings and sales.

Something will be announced next Saturday, in Issue #33. There is a countdown in the official site:
    http://shonenjump.com/j/countdown/

żD?

Quote Originally Posted by Vast View Post
    Something will be announced next Saturday, in Issue #33. There is a countdown in the official site:
    http://shonenjump.com/j/countdown/

żD?
    Then it's probably positive.

....Right ?

4th Dimensional Explorer cbajd5's Avatar

D = Digital? Maybe Japan's going to get an Shonen Jump alpha-like service of their own?

It says, Ultimate (as in the most powerful), Starting.

................ Dragon Ball?
    Only two Jump related thing that those keywords bring to my mind are the "linage of D" in One Piece, and Dragon Ball.

Surely it's not Dr Slump, Death Note, or Dragon Quest.
    It's a big gray letter of D, so it could be D Grayman related. Let's hope not.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; July 9th, 2012 at 03:41 AM.

What if Toriyama's making another manga that starts with D?

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

...Dragoncube! The all new manga by Akira Toriyama!

looks pretty much like a blurred image of Shenron on the countdown to me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information