+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 844 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 277 677 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Naruto isn't low. It's either second or third to Bleach. WSJ did this gimmick to let the two series which, will both be having their anime debut in the same week as the release of this issue, have their own cover, not just the two-series-in-one that we had before when the anime was announced. But whatever, Bleach topping OP is blasphemy!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-shonen-mag

Akira's creator is going to release a new manga, probably in Jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-in-shonen-mag

Akira's creator is going to release a new manga, probably in Jump.
    I've just been reading Akira so I am excited as fuck for this. Seriously, what are the odds I start getting into it and then this gets announced?
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

Shipmate

Otomo Katsuhiro has never worked with any Shueisha magazines, so Shounen Jack is quite unlikely at this point.

In his early career he did publish some works at Futabasha, but later has changed to Kodansha and most of his works appeared under the label of this publisher, Akira and Domu included. If he still has a contract with Kodansha, Weekly Shounen Magazine is a much more likely place for his new manga. Recently Magazine has seen Negima and God hand Teru end and soon will see Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and probably Air Gear end, so a new addition by a veteran of the industry is more than welcome.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Somebody Explain this to me. These Rating things show the popularity of series' chapters. But what week of Shonen jump poll are they based on? am i right to think that they are in accordance to 8 chapters ago?

I imagine its more like 8 issues ago, since not all series have a chapter in an issue. Series that weren't in the magazine wouldn't be ranked

A few months ago, someone linked to this guy's site: http://hamada.tsukaeru.info/jump/2012/jump1207.html

H
    owever, since then, it hasn't updated a bit. I feel like this happened to me last year, too, I bookmarked the page, but then it never updated and I took it out of my bookmarks. until someone mentioned it again.

Is there some trick to things that I'm not seeing here? Because I really would like to see these kind of rankings compiled weekly like this, but the damn thing is always out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Somebody Explain this to me. These Rating things show the popularity of series' chapters. But what week of Shonen jump poll are they based on? am i right to think that they are in accordance to 8 chapters ago?
    In every issue of Shonen Jump there is a questionary card which asks "which three chapters did you like the best". Some people fill out those cards and send them back. Someone from Shonen Jump counts those votes and the series appear in the magazine in the order from most votes to least votes.

What is known:
    The 8th chapter of a series shows how many votes the FIRST chapter got. So the 8th chapter of Pajama na Kanojo will show us how well the first chapter did. The 9th chapter shows how well the 2nd chapter did and so on. So it is technically -7 chapter to know which chapter did how well.

How the ranking works if a series had a break is not known.

ToC means table of contents. It is the first page of the magazine and shows people on which page which series is. If you want the pure ranking, so to know how well a series did, you have to erase the "not ranked" series. Every series that got the cover and/or lead color page and/or a color page and/or is a one shot and/or is a new series(less than 8 chapters) is considered unranked. Those series are set by the Editors. The rest shows how well a series did COMPARED to the others.

Let's take for example ToC from issue 17:

NARUTO (Cover, Lead Color Page)
    Toriko
    ONE PIECE
    BLEACH
    Haikyū!!
    Rock Lee no Seishun Full Power Ninden (Center Color Page, One Shot)
    Pajama na Kanojo

Gintama
    Bakuman

Katekyō Hitman REBORN!
    magico (Center Color Page, 23 pages)
    SKET DANCE
    BEELZEBUB
    Nisekoi (Center Color Page)
    Medaka Box
    Kurogane
    Kochikame
    Inumarudashii
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Genson!
    Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky
    Nurarihyon no Mago
    ST&RS

The ranking would be like this:

1.Toriko
    2.ONE PIECE
    3.BLEACH
    4.Gintama
    5.Bakuman

6.Katekyō Hitman REBORN!
    7.SKET DANCE
    8.BEELZEBUB
    9.Medaka Box
    10.Kurogane
    11.Kochikame
    12.Inumarudashii
    13.Kuroko no Basuke
    14.Genson! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky
    15.Nurarihyon no Mago
    16.ST&RS

For example Naruto is considered unranked. However it is to be expected that it is somewhere in the top 3, however you will never know how well or bad chapter 572 of Naruto did compared to OP or Toriko.

Shonen Jump is the only magazine which ranks series strictly according to votes and even the Editors cannot just change the order in which series appear when they are ranked. For example Kuroko no Basket. When this series started they went already through a lot of Sport series and were desperate for one to survive and so they decided to pimp it. The smart thing to do if you want to pimp a series would be to have it always in the top 5 no matter the votes it did get. However they couldn't do it. I guess they have real strict policy for those kind of things.. The only way they are allowed to pimp series is with color pages. So it went like this: Bottom 5-> Color Page-> Bottom 5-> color page and so on and on. It was kind of funny.

Where do those kind of information come from?:
    Well long ago from Shonen Jump insiders on 2ch. It went like this. Anonymous guy comes online, claims to work for Shonen Jump, proves it with information one couldn't have if he wouldn't work there(for example which new series from whom start in a month in advance and so on) and gives info in the inner working of Jump. Well there were more than one.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josl View Post
    In every issue of Shonen Jump there is a questionary card which asks "which three chapters did you like the best". Some people fill out those cards and send them back. Someone from Shonen Jump counts those votes and the series appear in the magazine in the order from most votes to least votes.

What is known:
    The 8th chapter of a series shows how many votes the FIRST chapter got. So the 8th chapter of Pajama na Kanojo will show us how well the first chapter did. The 9th chapter shows how well the 2nd chapter did and so on. So it is technically -7 chapter to know which chapter did how well.

How the ranking works if a series had a break is not known.

ToC means table of contents. It is the first page of the magazine and shows people on which page which series is. If you want the pure ranking, so to know how well a series did, you have to erase the "not ranked" series. Every series that got the cover and/or lead color page and/or a color page and/or is a one shot and/or is a new series(less than 8 chapters) is considered unranked. Those series are set by the Editors. The rest shows how well a series did COMPARED to the others.

Let's take for example ToC from issue 17:

NARUTO (Cover, Lead Color Page)
    Toriko
    ONE PIECE
    BLEACH
    Haikyū!!
    Rock Lee no Seishun Full Power Ninden (Center Color Page, One Shot)
    Pajama na Kanojo

Gintama
    Bakuman

Katekyō Hitman REBORN!
    magico (Center Color Page, 23 pages)
    SKET DANCE
    BEELZEBUB
    Nisekoi (Center Color Page)
    Medaka Box
    Kurogane
    Kochikame
    Inumarudashii
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Genson!
    Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky
    Nurarihyon no Mago
    ST&RS

The ranking would be like this:

1.Toriko
    2.ONE PIECE
    3.BLEACH
    4.Gintama
    5.Bakuman

6.Katekyō Hitman REBORN!
    7.SKET DANCE
    8.BEELZEBUB
    9.Medaka Box
    10.Kurogane
    11.Kochikame
    12.Inumarudashii
    13.Kuroko no Basuke
    14.Genson! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky
    15.Nurarihyon no Mago
    16.ST&RS

For example Naruto is considered unranked. However it is to be expected that it is somewhere in the top 3, however you will never know how well or bad chapter 572 of Naruto did compared to OP or Toriko.

Shonen Jump is the only magazine which ranks series strictly according to votes and even the Editors cannot just change the order in which series appear when they are ranked. For example Kuroko no Basket. When this series started they went already through a lot of Sport series and were desperate for one to survive and so they decided to pimp it. The smart thing to do if you want to pimp a series would be to have it always in the top 5 no matter the votes it did get. However they couldn't do it. I guess they have real strict policy for those kind of things.. The only way they are allowed to pimp series is with color pages. So it went like this: Bottom 5-> Color Page-> Bottom 5-> color page and so on and on. It was kind of funny.

Where do those kind of information come from?:
    Well long ago from Shonen Jump insiders on 2ch. It went like this. Anonymous guy comes online, claims to work for Shonen Jump, proves it with information one couldn't have if he wouldn't work there(for example which new series from whom start in a month in advance and so on) and gives info in the inner working of Jump. Well there were more than one.
    Thanks a lot! Now these rankings make more sense.

http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/18730687/4

Nothing's listed for absent series for the next issue - does that mean Hunter x Hunter will be back?

Alright I know Bleach is ending soon but this is just ridiculous

But yaaaay Toriko is second.

At least we know that the series with color pages aren't included in the rankings. Last week's oddity can be passed off with either the arc ending or the series being on break (so the editors just stuck it in a random spot).

Can't say I like how low Beelzebub, Magico and Kurogane are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    Alright I know Bleach is ending soon but this is just ridiculous

Toriko is first.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I'm amazed that Nisekoi is consistently ranked high, it's just... surprising.

I like it and everything, and I'm really glad he's got a series again since Double Arts was great, but it's just not the kind of thing I'd expect to do so well.
    "As long as I'm alive, I want to die having risen just one step higher."

Hold up- why is Gintama in the bottom half of the rankings?

Shipmate

HQ is fourth for its first ranking? That's quite something. Too bad no one has scanlated it further than the first chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    Nothing's listed for absent series for the next issue - does that mean Hunter x Hunter will be back?
    If Togashi was returning it would have been properly announced like it is every time

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    Colourspreads have a set place in the magazine, so the series that get them aren't ranked. That means, Toriko is first this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
    I'm amazed that Nisekoi is consistently ranked high, it's just... surprising.

I like it and everything, and I'm really glad he's got a series again since Double Arts was great, but it's just not the kind of thing I'd expect to do so well.
    I was wondering about that as well earlier. Look at it from this angle - currently, Niseikoi is Jack's only romantic comedy. It isn't plot heavy, although there is a main story that slowly develops. But the main point of it are well written characters and their interaction. And that sets it apart from most other series in the magazine. As far as it keeps that way, it may be able to rank decently.

Does anyone know where can I find the comic ranking from japan? I havent see them since animenews stopped posting them
    PSN: Climb25
    WiiU: MANUELF
    3DS: 1805-2220-5158

Quote Originally Posted by MANUELF View Post
    Does anyone know where can I find the comic ranking from japan? I havent see them since animenews stopped posting them
    If you mean the Jump table of Contents, there are plenty of places to find it, like http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/ for example.

If you mean a cumulative ranking, like I was asking about in regards to the site http://hamada.tsukaeru.info/jump/2012/jump1207.html, then refer to my earlier post.

If you mean a sales ranking, then how about http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=422271, they have a new thread every week for the new rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by MANUELF View Post
    I would go here. They even post the top 50

#20 :
    Kochi Kame (Lead Color, Cover)

One Piece
    Naruto
    Beelzebub
    Sket Dance
    Hq!! (Color)
    Toriko
    Gintama
    Mut˘ Black / Daijir˘ Nonoue (Oneshot, Color, 47p)
    Nisekoi (Color)
    Bakuman
    Kuroko no Basket
    Inumaru Dashi
    Kanojo na Pajama
    Bleach
    Kateky˘ Hitman Reborn!
    Kurogane
    Magico
    Nuratihyon no Mago
    Medaka Box
    Pakki
    Stars (End)

#21-22 :

One Piece (Lead Color)
    Beelzebub (Color, 24 pages)
    Bakuman (Color)
    Kaito / Cross Manage (Oneshot, Color, 47 pages)
    Hq!! (23 pages)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information