+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 844 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 676 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I feel like Hunter x Hunter is always low in these, how does Togashi have breathing room to go on hiatus's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."

As long as HxH volumes sell, it doesn't matter how badly it tanks in the rankings.

I've discussed this on mangahelpers a lot, but here's the reasoning,
    HXH sells around a millon copies of each volume while on the Oricon (Meaning in the short-term, in a few weeks) putting it on-par with Naruto. And making it one of the best selling manga in all of Japan. Volume 1 has had over 100 printings. The issues in Jump may not be as popular with casual readers because they don't read week-to-week because it stops showing up in the issues. It is an extremely popular manga though. Among the otaku-ish type, it's even more popular than One Piece.

Just read the Pajama series thing... am I the only one who has no idea what I just read?

It's funny, theres a snow white movie coming up and a manga ( Pajama etc) with some references to it.
    Theories : Buggy will become a shichibukai just cuz of the Impel Down lvl 6 prisioners behind him, Moria is alive but in a coma, Ivankov will find Sabo in the New World as 1 of the Rev. Army commanders, next nakama is a fishman something like a Great White

http://mangastream.com/read/jpreview/87998684/5

>Bleach higher than One Piece

What is this I don't even-

The fuck. 8 weeks ago was the kinda slow 654, but still, the fuck. Heres hoping that the ranking really is based on "8 weeks prior", since that would be one of the Bleach-less weeks, and could make this rank a decision by WSJ. But I dunno.
    At least Naruto is low.

The format is wierd with the list this week, is it really correctly listed?
    This is the first time in a long while where Bleach is higher than OP and it's the chapter where they reach the New World.
    Oh well.

Ugh. Beelzebub sinks so low after getting better again >_>

ST&RS jump is really surprising, though.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Oh wow how is Naruto so low?

Bleach is ABOVE One Piece?!

I think my heart is bleeding from the shock.

I don't think there was a Bleach chapter 8 weeks ago because of the breaks. So this is probably a place holder ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    I don't think there was a Bleach chapter 8 weeks ago because of the breaks. So this is probably a place holder ranking
    I hope that's the case, 'cos Bleach being above OP just shouldn't happen. Unless it was a chapter of Luffy cooking then eating Chopper or something.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

What I wanna know is why there are two sides, each with their own lead color.

The Kuroko side can't be ranked below the Medaka side as a whole. That would mean that Reborn and St&rs rank high above Naruto and Gintama and that would be just silly.

Maybe it's alternating in terms of rankings, so it's Bleach - Naruto - One Piece - Gintama - etc... until the Kuroko side runs out, leaving the rest of the Medaka Box side.

So St&rs would still be at the bottom.

I wanna know why Bleach is back on top, though. It makes no sense.
    Last edited by Cruithne; March 28th, 2012 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Oh wow how is Naruto so low?
    Unless someone wants to correct me on this, Naruto's ranking from 8 weeks ago was chapter 572, which was the chapter involving the 9 names of the bijuu (including a flashback to when they were chibi'd), Kurama reminiscing about the time Naruto kissed Sasuke, and ending with this page: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/572/15

Yeah Naruto has earned this low ranking for that chapter.

Actually, I think Cruithne is right, which makes Naruto first place on the Kuroko side.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

8 weeks ago, Bleach was on break (so if that's the case, I'd think the ranking would probably be a placeholder), whereas 8 chapters ago, Bleach ended with this unintentionally (?) hilarious gem:

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/478/19

...Yeah, I'm thinking it's a placeholder.

Discovered Stowaway DemoMansopp's Avatar
    Playing the Legend of Groose in Skyrim while building dispensers

I see another One Piece break coming up. This is like... the second or third one since the beginning of the arc? Then again, the amount of detail is definitely over that of Bleach and especially Naruto. Though I seriously want to bang my head on a wall that all the breaks happened on cliff hangers.

Also the rankings comfused me after the "split between sides" aspect.

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    What I wanna know is why there are two sides, each with their own lead color.
    Medaka Box and Kuroko no Basket have their anime starting on 4th and 7th of April respectively. So this is an anime welcoming issue of Jump, sort of.

Even Shonen Jack tries something different once in blue moon.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Unless someone wants to correct me on this, Naruto's ranking from 8 weeks ago was chapter 572, which was the chapter involving the 9 names of the bijuu (including a flashback to when they were chibi'd), Kurama reminiscing about the time Naruto kissed Sasuke, and ending with this page: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/572/15

Yeah Naruto has earned this low ranking for that chapter.
    Hm. I would have thought they would eat up the chibi stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information