+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 844 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 670 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #3381

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    It would take nothing short of the heat death of the universe to end Kochikame.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  2. #3382
    Shipmate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lithuania, Visaginas>Vilnius

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I might be wrong, but I believe that Lazy Justice is implements slightly ironic undertones with the ellipsis at the end of his sentence.

  3. #3383

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Is anyone reading Nisekoi or Harisugawa? By the authors of Double Arts and Mx0, respectively.


    Nisekoi is pretty bad. I know I liked it originally, because the premise of the young heads of a Yakuza and Mafia family having to fake being in a relationship seems neat, but it never plays up the gang aspect. It's just super tsun-tsun all the time. Meanwhile, the guy made a promise with a childhood friend, and has a locket that she kept the key for. Ofc he doesn't remember her name/face/anything at all, but is crushing heavy on this one girl. Guess what, she's in love with him, because she's the childhood friend who has the key! Wow! This is all set out within the first 10 chapters.

    In other words, she loves him, he loves her, he has no attraction to the mafia girl, the mafia girl is an unlikable tsundere bitch. Even if you like the tsundere, you can tell a mile away how this is going to end up. It isn't fun to watch a comedy of errors this predictable. To make things worse, everyone is functionally retarded. The bastard asks her POINT-BLANK if she is the one with the key to his locket (without implying anything romantic) and she denies everything. WHAT THE FUCK. It's like playing a game of clue where your son of a bitch friends lie to you. It breaks the damn game. It isn't fair. I don't know why I'm so mad about this all of a sudden. Also, I still think it's bullshit that these 16-year olds have deeply meaningful friends from when they were 5 who they can't remember. I remember my friends. Patrick Hacket, Thomas Schlaughterhoff, Jacob Vernier, Charlie Barber. Also some bitch girl named Ashley who bit me in pre-school a lot. See? That wasn't hard. But if I saw someone who looked exactly like one of them, and I asked them if they were good ol' Jacob, and they said "no", then I would leave them alone. There would be no reason to think they would lie about something as stupid as that. But in Nisekoi, people do that, and the author still expects you to give a shit about them. So fuck it, you can't trust anyone.


    anyway, Harisugawa in Mirror world is a bit better. It's all about the love triangle viewed differently from each perspective.
    The dude knows he loves both girls, just one more than the other. He thinks the greater girl is platonic, and knew the lesser girl loved him, until her memory got reset.
    The lesser girl knows he loves the greater girl, and loved him and knew he loved her, until the memory reset. currently platonic.
    The greater girl thinks he loves the lesser girl, but that she is platonic towards him, which is currently true. Does not know about the memory reset. Secretly loves the dude.

    It's the sort of thing that could be easily cleared up by a third party hearing all sides and then determining what was the truth, but they can't tell anyone else because magical curse. (or can they?) In any case, it delivers more ecchi and less moe moe tsun. Unlike the other one, I'm actually curious as to how this will all shake out.

    anyone else have any thoughts/tips/tricks?

  4. #3384

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    I might be wrong, but I believe that Lazy Justice is implements slightly ironic undertones with the ellipsis at the end of his sentence.
    Bingo.

    @Big_Bad_Lith

    Kagami - I agree that the premise for Harisugawa is actually somewhat interesting, but the execution from chapter to chapter has been poor that's it's made me critical of the series. I think the relationship between Saki and main is actually somewhat realistic, she starts liking him because he helps/saves her, and he starts liking her because she confessed. Knowing someone likes you usually increases your feelings for that person.

    However it's not going to last and we know who's going to win (unless we get a Tenchi solution).

    Nisekoi - I actually prefer this one. The premise is a reverse Romeo & Juliet, and it's about two people who have had a bad first impression of each other having to spend time together, and realizing that they do have good points to each other. I think at this point a friend solution between the two mains is the route I'm shipping for.

    I originally thought the whole Onodera/key thing was stupid, but I like the way it's playing out. Actually figuring it out and lying is slightly different to how rom-coms play out, and therefore you don't have the stupid games you see in every other harem/rom-com like manga. The characters aren't 100% oblivious or innocent (obviously still like 90%), so they're a little more interesting.

  5. #3385

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    ...Even if you like the tsundere, you can tell a mile away how this is going to end up. It isn't fun to watch a comedy of errors this predictable...
    i'd like to know how you think its going to end up.

    nisekoi feels forced. and everything involving that childhoodfried is so dull. i prefer harisugawa much more. characters less cliche and their interactions more natural.

  6. #3386

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by motherbrain View Post
    i'd like to know how you think its going to end up.

    nisekoi feels forced. and everything involving that childhoodfried is so dull. i prefer harisugawa much more. characters less cliche and their interactions more natural.
    The MC and the childhood friend will eventually stop lying to eachother like douchebags, and realize their keys (and hearts) are meant for eachother. Meanwhile, the gang families will have to deal with their young heirs just being friends, and will have to stop being unreasonable. The tsundere and the MC will be "in love" at one point, but will end up just great friends.

    If it ends any other way it would be stupid and asinine. Either way, I'm done reading it.

  7. #3387

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    The MC and the childhood friend will eventually stop lying to eachother like douchebags, and realize their keys (and hearts) are meant for eachother. Meanwhile, the gang families will have to deal with their young heirs just being friends, and will have to stop being unreasonable. The tsundere and the MC will be "in love" at one point, but will end up just great friends.

    If it ends any other way it would be stupid and asinine. Either way, I'm done reading it.
    heh. based on your previous post, i assumed you'd say that. while i agree that its predictable, i disagree with the outcome.

    the tsundere is the one who gets development and interact a lot with the protagonist. also she has some personality while the childhood friend is just dull. and if you look at the covers, mostly you'll see the protagonist and the tsundere in the foreground, while the childhood friend is pushed away in the background.

    i'm sure the one shot would change your mind. (one shot spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    in the end both tsundere protagonists admit they love each other after all. while the childhood friend doesn't even exist. it seems the childhood friend is just an obstacle the author made up after the one shot, to spice things up and stretch out the story a bit. and i suspect it was even a last minute thing and the author didn't have time to give her character much thoughts. as she's incredibly dull, doesn't get much development and the key story reeks of cheese.
    Last edited by motherbrain; January 20th, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

  8. #3388

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Is anyone reading Nisekoi or Harisugawa? By the authors of Double Arts and Mx0, respectively.


    Nisekoi is pretty bad. I know I liked it originally, because the premise of the young heads of a Yakuza and Mafia family having to fake being in a relationship seems neat, but it never plays up the gang aspect. It's just super tsun-tsun all the time. Meanwhile, the guy made a promise with a childhood friend, and has a locket that she kept the key for. Ofc he doesn't remember her name/face/anything at all, but is crushing heavy on this one girl. Guess what, she's in love with him, because she's the childhood friend who has the key! Wow! This is all set out within the first 10 chapters.

    In other words, she loves him, he loves her, he has no attraction to the mafia girl, the mafia girl is an unlikable tsundere bitch. Even if you like the tsundere, you can tell a mile away how this is going to end up. It isn't fun to watch a comedy of errors this predictable. To make things worse, everyone is functionally retarded. The bastard asks her POINT-BLANK if she is the one with the key to his locket (without implying anything romantic) and she denies everything. WHAT THE FUCK. It's like playing a game of clue where your son of a bitch friends lie to you. It breaks the damn game. It isn't fair. I don't know why I'm so mad about this all of a sudden. Also, I still think it's bullshit that these 16-year olds have deeply meaningful friends from when they were 5 who they can't remember. I remember my friends. Patrick Hacket, Thomas Schlaughterhoff, Jacob Vernier, Charlie Barber. Also some bitch girl named Ashley who bit me in pre-school a lot. See? That wasn't hard. But if I saw someone who looked exactly like one of them, and I asked them if they were good ol' Jacob, and they said "no", then I would leave them alone. There would be no reason to think they would lie about something as stupid as that. But in Nisekoi, people do that, and the author still expects you to give a shit about them. So fuck it, you can't trust anyone.


    anyway, Harisugawa in Mirror world is a bit better. It's all about the love triangle viewed differently from each perspective.
    The dude knows he loves both girls, just one more than the other. He thinks the greater girl is platonic, and knew the lesser girl loved him, until her memory got reset.
    The lesser girl knows he loves the greater girl, and loved him and knew he loved her, until the memory reset. currently platonic.
    The greater girl thinks he loves the lesser girl, but that she is platonic towards him, which is currently true. Does not know about the memory reset. Secretly loves the dude.

    It's the sort of thing that could be easily cleared up by a third party hearing all sides and then determining what was the truth, but they can't tell anyone else because magical curse. (or can they?) In any case, it delivers more ecchi and less moe moe tsun. Unlike the other one, I'm actually curious as to how this will all shake out.

    anyone else have any thoughts/tips/tricks?
    I agree with all of the points you made about the two series. Cheers for the spot-on description of the Nisekoi and Harisugawa.

    I have read the oneshot of Nisekoi way before it got a serial, and I must say that the oneshot is way better than the one running right now. I don't know why people keep on interfering with Chitoge and Raku's "relationship" especially when the minor characters believe that those two are together. Talk about meddlers.

    Also, everything in Nisekoi feels forced. I don't know why many people I know online like Nisekoi. They're overhyping the series because apparently Komi Naoshi wrote it.

    I'd rather have Harisugawa over Nisekoi anyday, since at least the reactions of the characters in Harisugawa are believable.

  9. #3389

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    They're both pretty bad or to be less controversial they're both falling kind of flat.

    Kagami is trying to be different but it uses really cheap plot devices and fails to be so.
    I'm getting really tired of the plot wipe device.
    It constantly developes some kind of interesting problem and instead of trying to resolve them it decides to cheap out and wipe it away in a really cheap way.

    Examples:
    black haired girl falls in love with protagonist, plot wipe, mirror sucks away her memories no complications are left.
    the main girl has to go to america, plot wipe, it was just bad wording on her part.

    Also the mirror isn't as interesting as I hoped it to be. It's pretty simple and I'm really used to more clever scenarios from kanou.


    As for Nisekoi. I can't agree that everything is forced that's a poor description for what it is.
    It's setup as a really comedic story with a lot of exaggeriation. I think that's where this feels forced comes from.
    Now I can't fault it for that because it's really intended to be that way so that's just a taste issue.

    The only thing I have to say about it, it's really nothing special. It has a somewhat different premise but the execution
    is just really the same as generation of what other genre partners had done before.
    Also the pacing is somewhat off at times. He should really switch more often in this kind of story between perspectives.


    Kagami vs Nisekoi is kind of like new thing with some faults vs refined same old that you've already seen a hundred times.
    In the end they're both not really that good.
    All about taste no real good reason why one is better than the other.

  10. #3390

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    The MC and the childhood friend will eventually stop lying to eachother like douchebags, and realize their keys (and hearts) are meant for eachother. Meanwhile, the gang families will have to deal with their young heirs just being friends, and will have to stop being unreasonable. The tsundere and the MC will be "in love" at one point, but will end up just great friends.

    If it ends any other way it would be stupid and asinine. Either way, I'm done reading it.
    Since when did anyone read romcom's for the plot? The ending is obvious, but so it is for a lot of series. I hope for the sake of both series it ends quickly, because nothing's worse than a romcom that drags on.

  11. #3391

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I dont think this was post here so:
    Jump Issue #09 Preview


    Lead CP: Toriko
    Center Colour: Bakuman, Medaka Box, Koisome Momiji (Oneshot, 47 pages)
    Bleach Repeat&Reboot vol.2: The stage where the battle will take place next arc and Squad's 5-9 information
    Absent: Bleach


  12. #3392
    Back in serialization Mortea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warioland(actually Moscow)

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Is there a reason why everything is Torikoed - knifes and stuff?
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

  13. #3393

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    That's because Toriko will be the cover in the next issue. The previews are like this most of the time.

    It's no big deal.
    Nah.

  14. #3394

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Bleach Repeat&Reboot? vol.2????

    No mention of Naruto?

    Why do I care?



  15. #3395

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    WTH is Bleach Repeat and Reboot? O.o

  16. #3396

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    some extra Gotei 13 background info and shiz, and some thoughts from Kubo on how he came up with his shit.

  17. #3397

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
    some extra Gotei 13 background info and shiz, and some thoughts from Kubo on how he came up with his shit.
    Something tells me he's making up this information only recently... Whatever the info is.

  18. #3398

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
    some extra Gotei 13 background info and shiz, and some thoughts from Kubo on how he came up with his shit.
    Or, more accurately, someone asks Kubo questions and then he makes up answers on the spot that make little to no sense.

  19. #3399
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    WTH is Bleach Repeat and Reboot? O.o
    Emphasis on the Repeat, I bet.

  20. #3400

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    So, according to the last Harisugawa chapter, I doubt it will last long. I don't see it lasting more than 10 chapters. Probably will be cancelled with ST&RS.
    Nah.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts