+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 844 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Yeah, I remember learning the recorder when I was a kid. The guitar is definitely superior to it though...

There was a Jaguar OVA anime that was done in Flash and looked kinda crappy... And I've never even found raws of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    I've barely got time to do my own projects. Especially trying to catch up with Gintama. And now I've got the Bakuman extra to do... now that I just caught up with Toriko in translation but not typsetting.

If I'm doing any other projects, it's gonna be volume scanlations. Since those don't have to be speed-scanned or translated. It'll just depend on if I can get people to work on cleaning them.
    hey kewl, or well anyone else. Although I only know a little japanese, I'm an english major and I know photoshop so I can help you clean/check your grammar/typeset/ or anything you need to get some of the less popular series and one-shots scanlated.

If you wanna help clean or typset or something, you should go online read some tutorials so you get some basic ideas first. Different groups have their own style, some more complex than others. I usually try to make mine match the original in fonts and style and clean without modifying it too much, but getting rid of all the dust and dirt, etc.

If you really want to, contact me on MSN @ kewl0210@hotmail.com or Kewl0210 on AIM.
    I still don't have anybody working on Inumaru Dashi, if anyone wants to do that. And so far my efforts to find a group to joint with to do the Toriko Volume scanlations have been slow and unsuccessful, mostly me waiting for someone who hasn't gone anywhere with it.

Hey, if we're recruiting here, I'm taking help on Shonen Shikku.

(including a translation checker, my Japanese isn't perfect)

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    And so far my efforts to find a group to joint with to do the Toriko Volume scanlations have been slow and unsuccessful, mostly me waiting for someone who hasn't gone anywhere with it.
    I thought Toriko was already being scanlated
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

It is but we want to do HQ scanlations of the volumes. The raws gotten from Shonen Jump the magazine are on low quality paper and ink in order to keep a 300 page magazine cheap week to week. The volumes are done with much better quality.

Plus the first dew volumes of Toriko's scanlations are pretty crappy looking and were done by people who didn't really know what they were doing. So with my group I was gonna have people check everything once I'd done it. Use all the right fonts, clean it properly from better quality sources, etc.
    Last edited by kewl0210; August 11th, 2010 at 06:46 PM.

That sounds awsome actually X3

and I feel like a jackass for bringing this up, but how goes Dobutsu no Kuni?
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Well as has been discussed, I'm doing like 20 projects so often that gets put on the backburner a bit. Since it's monthly and all. Right now I'm scanning through the volumes. I finished translating all the chapters last month, I need to buy the last two, the July and August issues though.
    Volume 3 is coming out soon too, so I need to get/scan that. But right now I'm cleaning the first volume, and stopped half way through that. Then I gotta typset it and have everyone check it. And it's a whole volume so might take a bit.

For those interested, scanlation of Shunkan Heroism is out.

http://keishou.net/manga/Shunkan_Heroism/Oneshot/1

Woot woot. Thanks

I put up a thread in the "Suggestions" sub forum on their site asking them to scanlate the rest of the one shots (http://keishou.net/index.php?topic=839.0)

I thought it'd make sense seeing as how they already scanned Shunkan. Hopefully I at least get a reply

Redoing the internal scan ones would be nice .

Here are the bottom 5 for issue 38 and shocking news for a few fans.

Issue 38 Bottom 5:
    Medaka
    Psyren
    Kuroko
    Shonen Shikku
    Metallica

Jaguar (CP, end)

Issue 39:

Lead CP: Bakuman
    CP: Golden Future Cup, Reborn, Gintama (important announcement)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Here are the bottom 5 for issue 38 and shocking news for a few fans.

Issue 38 Bottom 5:
    Medaka
    Psyren
    Kuroko
    Shonen Shikku
    Metallica

Jaguar (CP, end)

Issue 39:

Lead CP: Bakuman
    CP: Golden Future Cup, Reborn, Gintama (important announcement)
    Wow, that is shocking: Jaguar's finally calling it quits. So my guess: either a real bottom is going to be made out of it for a while (considering there have been periods without a bottom manga) or they move another gag series down there. (and right now the only one I can think of is Inumaru...and I sort of wonder if they want the honors)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

At least that gives the newer manga some more time to prove their worth to the magazine, especially SWOT and Oumagadoki.

But Metallica is almost as good as cancelled.

True for MM . Sad , but Išll stick with how many chapters it will get .

Oh and Jaguar is getting canceled or what ?

So how trustworthy is that info? I've seen similar weirdness before, including a report that Kochikame would get cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    So how trustworthy is that info? I've seen similar weirdness before, including a report that Kochikame would get cancelled.
    Its 100% true
    Here is the original:
    431 : ◆EizHb38XPU :10/08/15 12:30 ID:EBVFrH3Y
    小ネタ
    ・ジャガーさん巻末カラーでout
    ・38ドベ5メタ、疾駆、黒子、PSY、めだか
    ・39巻頭爆 C金未来、リボ、銀<重大発表
    Thats the tripcode, of the poster who delivered bottom 5 and full TOC for a few years now.

Hey when it get closer to time when the Jump comes out. Can someone post the Gintama announcement.

Shipmate

I hope it's reasonable to expect the Gintama anime restart.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information