+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 844 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 667 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Shipmate

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Niseikoi is fourth for its first ranking?

Booya!

Seems like you guys forgot the most important news of this ToC:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd
    HunterxHunter will NOT be going on Hiatus! This will be the longest Togashi has ever gone without taking a break since the series began in 1998.
    I'm not sure about the second sentence but HOT damn. This really is awesome news.

Glad about Nisekoi too but we'll have to see for another couple of chapters if the Japanese kids really liked it. Kurogane's ranking is one of the best amongst all the 2011 series. Sket Dance in the top 3 again. Love this ToC.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Cover Preview:

Seems like Luffy holding a top while almost everyone is in chibi form (except Toriko, Naruto and Ryu-san). I thought it would be some sort of a spread cover like what they used to do.
    Last edited by RDarren; December 26th, 2011 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarren View Post
    Seems like you guys forgot the most important news of this ToC:

I'm not sure about the second sentence but HOT damn. This really is awesome news.

Glad about Nisekoi too but we'll have to see for another couple of chapters if the Japanese kids really liked it. Kurogane's ranking is one of the best amongst all the 2011 series. Sket Dance in the top 3 again. Love this ToC.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Cover Preview:

Seems like Luffy holding a top while almost everyone is in chibi form (except Toriko, Naruto and Ryu-san). I thought it would be some sort of a spread cover like what they used to do.
    Looks like Luffy's a kite to me and everyone else is flying him.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Yes, I can't stand hiatus from HXH. It's just getting too good.

Oh yah, forgot One Piece was going to be the Lead CP this time.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Didn't Togashi only start taking his time off around the begining of 01 ?

Nice batch of chapters, I hope that at least Toriko comes out before the year's end.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Random end of the year thought on some WSJ series:

One Piece: When the 2010 sales figures were announced back a few weeks ago I thought this might be OP's peak year and things will cool down a bit from here on; But with Movie 11 and New World coming, it might just be able to continue its glorious domination.

Naruto: Never cared much about it, and indeed for a while I enjoyed hating on it due to Narutards. But I have started paying more attention lately and found it mildly interesting. At this point I just want a conclusion. But that will likely take more than another ~50 chapters so ending is for 2013 I guess.

Toriko: Its place as one of the Big 3 seems to be official now (ofc the whole "Big 3" deal was never official in the first place) but IMO not secured yet. The past few small arcs, while I personally like them, haven't been too exciting overall and the author needs to pull another major arc for it to be the true #3. The future is bright, but now is not the time to get comfortable.

Nisekoi: Kinda surprised to see this series on WSJ, it really feels more like a 2nd-tier love/harem anime that pops up for one season then forgotten by everyone. IMO WSJ hasn't had a compelling love manga since forever and we will see if this one is still around this time next year.

Beelzebub: For a short period I thought this was gonna be WSJ's next big hit, up there with Toriko. Then a few months ago I gradually lost interests, it has too many gags and lacks other elements of a classic shonen to become a lasting hit. (Look at Fairy Fail's sales success and realize no matter how cliche, those formulaic elements sell) The latest chapter really makes it look like it's getting canned, yet its anime is still going and its volumes sell decently (15th place in 2011 ranking), so I have really no clue where this series is going.

Kurogane: My favorite 2011 new series, not because it's awesome or different, I just personally like it. Plus, I think WSJ can use another sport manga.

Gintama: Mixed feelings. It's generally done its job of providing some mindless fun but sometimes the jokes go overboard. Maybe the author should push forward the main plot (if one can say there is one) a bit too in 2012.

Bleach: I take it back about Gintama, this is where truly mixed feelings lie man. I'd laugh like a maniac and praise the justice of the manga God if this series gets cut like it deserves since forever. But on the other hand, I love hating it so much (though recently Fairy Fail has become a contender too), it might just get wee bit lonely when it finally goes the way of the dodo.

Medaka Box: I admit, I have only read the first 20 or so chapters before I cried about my time wasted and I have heard its reputation of... course changing, so things might be different now. But still, why is this series still around?! getting an anime next year no less?!

Kochi Kame: Even if a nuclear war happens WSJ editors will put future ideas in a time capsule so that the series can continue in a post-apocalypse world, so yea...

Kuroko no Basket: "I'mma let yo finish but Slam Dunk is the best basketball manga of ALL TIME..."

Katekyō Hitman Reborn: Never cared about it, seemingly always get low ranks but apparently a yaoi fangirl favorite and therefore still going strong?

Magico: Liked the first few chapters but dropped afterwards, holds nothing against it, hope it does well.

HunterxHunter: IMO Togashi nowadays is overrated and I have little respect for him for his laziness and lack of enthusiasm. Still though, the series has admittedly been interesting since the hiatus.

Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa: Same deal with Magico, dropped but wish it luck. Apparently things don't look so good for it again, God I feel sorry for this author, this is what, his 4th work getting axed by WSJ now?

Nurarihyon no Mago: Apparently same deal as Reborn.
    Last edited by archanfel; December 28th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.

Is there anywhere I can read the chapters of Kochi Kame?

Is Kurogane pronounced Kur-row-gain or Kur-row-gah-nay?

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

^Neither .
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmet Hunter View Post
    Is Kurogane pronounced Kur-row-gain or Kur-row-gah-nay?
    I guess your going by the english pronouncation of words which you can throw overboard for anything japanese.
    It's pronounced plainly Ku-ro-ga-ne and if I had to make a comparison to an european language it would be closest to the german pronounciation of vowels.

click on the speaker button and you know how to pronounce it.

http://translate.google.de/#ja|de|くろがね

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Sorry that it's late. Computer swap and all. Yeah, about Nisekoi, I am pretty sure this is only Chapter 8. It first appeared in Vol. 48, and 2011 only had 51 issues instead of 52, so...
    48,49,50,51,1,2,3-4,5-6

So who's getting the axe first? Magico (:(), Nura (lol), or ST&RS (:|)?

Nura sells a lot, more than Beelzebub and Kuroko and Medaka (acording to the December sales). So, I doubt it will be cancelled.

ST&RS will be the first, I don't think it has a salvation.
    Nah.

Kagami goes further down the drain...

But I think Nisekoi is starting to get better. At least it's holding it's own for now.

When do we find out if a series has been dropped?

I think ST&RS is going to be canned. I think Magico will be able to just make it by for a little while longer.

Torikos heading into a new arc,which looks like it's gonna reveal a whole lotta new stuff,info.So look forward to that.

New series start getting ranked at Chapter 8. so Nisekoi should've started ranking in Issue 5-6.

Mago has high sales, even higher than Beelzebub, Kuroko no Basuke, Medaka Box, and even Reborn this year, so i think it's pretty safe.

I think ST&RS is pretty much guaranteed. Kagami is in danger, I think, & magico too.

Let's not forget that there's still a new series (Pakki) that will be ranked soon.
    How well it fares would give us a good indication of which series will be canned

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
    New series start getting ranked at Chapter 8. so Nisekoi should've started ranking in Issue 5-6.

Mago has high sales, even higher than Beelzebub, Kuroko no Basuke, Medaka Box, and even Reborn this year, so i think it's pretty safe.

I think ST&RS is pretty much guaranteed. Kagami is in danger, I think, & magico too.
    I've been under the impression that the chapter ranked is from 8 chapters prior. Meaning 9 would have the first rank. I've cross-referenced that at several places, but I can't say for sure.

But even so, I'm getting conflicting answers. :\

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information