+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 844 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Why does Shin Chan suddenly pop up in my head ?
    Why am I imagining a curiously red hill?

Aw goddammit.

Come again ?

I started scanning/translating Inumaru Dashi but it's really hard, plus I've got a lotta other obligations. And I'd need to scanalte it myself because no other group ever did.

Nobody really scanlates Kochikame or Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar either. I think a couple groups have picked up the early ones, but it's not done actively, or what's current, or anything like that.

Strangerataru did like 15 chapters of Kochikame. Just about 1800 to go... We're all pulling for ya...

Are you gonna scanlate or translate the One shots kewl?

Jaguar just got picked up again, actually.

Yeah, it's a crying shame shit like Naruto and Bleach get 20+ scanslations, while classics like Kochikame are never even considered.

Speaking of which, Mines has been translated. Really liked that one.
    Last edited by Adamant; August 9th, 2010 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~starman/

Only goes up to 2003 so far, but it's really an amazing source of information.

These three are the only ones out yet. I'll link the 2 others once there are scans for them.

(and yeah, all of Jump save for Inumarudashi is usually scanned nowadays)
    wow one piece is amazing, the lowest rank they ever had was 6th

I've barely got time to do my own projects. Especially trying to catch up with Gintama. And now I've got the Bakuman extra to do... now that I just caught up with Toriko in translation but not typsetting.

If I'm doing any other projects, it's gonna be volume scanlations. Since those don't have to be speed-scanned or translated. It'll just depend on if I can get people to work on cleaning them.

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post

Strangerataru did like 15 chapters of Kochikame. Just about 1800 to go... We're all pulling for ya...
    Unfortunately I didn't expect to get roped into doing Hell Teacher Nube when I started the KochiKame Project. (even though I love that series) Besides, right now I only really have about 100 volumes of KochiKame on my HD and never got the chance to get more before the fallout occurred regarding everything that happened.

Well...at least I have incentive to do 3-100...but after that may need to require digging. (unless I buy the whole series myself)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Are some of the earlier volumes even in print anymore ? Just curious ?

Also , you think it's safe to cooperate with a Lybian based scan group ?

Are some of the earlier volumes even in print anymore ? Just curious ?
    As long as the series is still running, every volume is still printed.

They're all still in print. Just... they started in like, what, the 70s...
    Lessee, checking archive sites, it first ran as a one-shot in issue 29 in 1976, and was serialized in issue 42 of 1976. And has run nonstop since then. Woo...

Strangerataru, tell you what, if you translate all of the first 100 volumes I'll personally... go on Share and Perfect Dark and look for copies of the later volumes.

Molokidan when he was in semi-retirement was doing Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar and translating through Dragonball. But since he's doing like 3 series a week for mangastream now I think he's gonna be busy for doing those sorta things. He does a good job but makes some weird errors once in a while...

They're all still in print. Just... they started in like, what, the 70s...
    Lessee, checking archive sites, it first ran as a one-shot in issue 29 in 1976, and was serialized in issue 42 of 1976. And has run nonstop since then. Woo...

Strangerataru, tell you what, if you translate all of the first 100 volumes I'll personally... go on Share and Perfect Dark and look for copies of the later volumes.

Molokidan when he was in semi-retirement was doing Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar and translating through Dragonball. But since he's doing like 3 series a week for mangastream now I think he's gonna be busy for doing those sorta things. He does a good job but makes some weird errors once in a while...
    Thanks Kewl. I'll get on vol. 3...well, hopefully after I finish either Nube or Otokojuku. (probably Nube since I think after Otoko I'll be back on Wingman finally)

Molokidan when he was in semi-retirement was doing Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar and translating through Dragonball. But since he's doing like 3 series a week for mangastream now I think he's gonna be busy for doing those sorta things.
    He's started Jaguar again, hoorah.

And why does Dragonball need another translation?

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    And why does Dragonball need another translation?
    My thoughts exactly

Though it's great to see Jaguar being scanlated again

EDIT: I'm curious, who was Jaguar picked up by now?
    Last edited by sniperking323; August 9th, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    EDIT: I'm curious, who was Jaguar picked up by now?
    Same guys as before.

This seems kinda redundant , but anyone here could give me a summary of Jaguar and if it's worth anything ?

This seems kinda redundant , but anyone here could give me a summary of Jaguar and if it's worth anything ?
    Basically it's a gag series by the creator of "Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi-yo Masaru Kun" about...well, a kid who plays the recorder. A bunch of weird stuff happens but basically the main character is a genius recorder player.

Recorder ? As in....................vhs ? :lol ?

Recorder ? As in....................vhs ? :lol ?
    As in the plastic flute-like thing that are usually seen in dollar stores. (they're rather notable in Japanese schools considering how many jokes there have been about them...)

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

It's not just japan, we had to learn those things when I was in elementary school. They're the default instrument for introducing kids to music.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information