+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 843 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 658 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Here is the cover for those interested:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Noo, Beelzebub! Why?!

Maybe it's a typo, and they meant to say 14 years of serialization.
    Why no silly. They're celebrating the incredible milestone of 14 years and 3 months !

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Justice View Post
    But the final results for the previous week don't come out for weeks after right? So what we're seeing is reaction for 7/8 chapters ago?
    The author gets both the early and the final results on the same day. The early results are 500 votes, I think, and the final results are 1000 votes. And yes, what we see is the ranking of the chapter of 8 chapters ago.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Why no silly. They're celebrating the incredible milestone of 14 years and 3 months !
    Of course. It all makes sense now.

The thing is that #52 will be the last 2011 Jump, then it goes back to #1. December issues are counting for 2012 already, so OP will be entering its 15th year of publication next month.

I wonder how many series are going to be cut? Based off of recent rankings I've seen, it seems like ST&RS is a definite, and probably Kagami no Kuni. It's never really done well in the polls, I think highest might've been seventh or eight? But usually it's hovering closer to the bottom.

That's assuming Beezlebub and HxH are safe, especially because are more established series.

Tbh I read Kagami no Kuni, and while I found it entertaining it doesn't seem like it can go very far. The problem with romance is that it doesn't last naturally, so any sort of extension feels drawn out. I don't know how many issues you get after you've been cut, but assuming it's at least 4, the series can resolve pretty well within that. If it doesn't get cut, I don't see it lasting more than 20-30 chapters. Or else it would just be like Kimi ni Todoke (which I unashamedly love), but that's way too slow for Shonen.

Hunter X Hunter will always be safe as long as the volumes sell.

Beelzebub I doubt they'd cancel so easily. I think the editors will definitely give it the benefit of the doubt. It would need to be in the bottom 5 area for a loooong time before cancelation even becomes an issue.

I worry about ST&RS and Magico though since they're newer series.

Wait, I thought Magico was ending? Or did I confuse that with Engima from a while back...

Yeah, thinking about it, Magico would probably go ahead of Kagami.

I think you were thinking Enigma, which is gone now.

I personally think Magico has been fluctuating enough for it to be saved, but you never know.

Hopefully it stays. Although it's currently not as good as it promised to be it's still way more entertaining than other series that shall stay unnamed.

I think I know why Beel is so low lately. Remember when in Bakuman Ashirogi Muto were talking about their gag manga Nanto and Hattori said that such type can take on of the two routes: either you stay as a gag manga, or you make a transition into battle manga. I think they even made an example of Reborn. And usually battlegags turn out bad. No wonder - you gotta build mythology, battle system and world right from the beginning, so there would be no "retcons" and "asspulls" from our view later. When gag manga that is building no serious stuff coz everything is a joke, tries to start taking everything serious business, it can look very shifty, and battle system can feel (and be) shaky, shitty and pulled.
    Right now Beel is rolling high in the battle stage. Not everyone likes it. Fans are afraid gag manga with mostly good and funny stuff may turn into doubtful manga with "serious" fights. Perhaps the best way to show fear is through voting. The only time this table does it's stuff right - it passes the message of "we don't really like it" clearly. They will still buy volumes - they are part of their adored story and this will show that there is no coldness towards the whole manga, only part of it. This will stop it from being cancelled and yet may show mangaka that fans prefer Beel to stay as gag, not fight.
    After all, no sane mangaka takes letters as serious demands.
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

Personally I prefer Beelzebub's gag elements far more than any time it goes into battle manga territory

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Personally I prefer Beelzebub's gag elements far more than any time it goes into battle manga territory
    16 characters of Same Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortea View Post
    I think I know why Beel is so low lately. Remember when in Bakuman Ashirogi Muto were talking about their gag manga Nanto and Hattori said that such type can take on of the two routes: either you stay as a gag manga, or you make a transition into battle manga. I think they even made an example of Reborn. And usually battlegags turn out bad. No wonder - you gotta build mythology, battle system and world right from the beginning, so there would be no "retcons" and "asspulls" from our view later. When gag manga that is building no serious stuff coz everything is a joke, tries to start taking everything serious business, it can look very shifty, and battle system can feel (and be) shaky, shitty and pulled.
    Right now Beel is rolling high in the battle stage. Not everyone likes it. Fans are afraid gag manga with mostly good and funny stuff may turn into doubtful manga with "serious" fights. Perhaps the best way to show fear is through voting. The only time this table does it's stuff right - it passes the message of "we don't really like it" clearly. They will still buy volumes - they are part of their adored story and this will show that there is no coldness towards the whole manga, only part of it. This will stop it from being cancelled and yet may show mangaka that fans prefer Beel to stay as gag, not fight.
    After all, no sane mangaka takes letters as serious demands.
    One of the chapters that was rated low was the demon class chapter, which is the funniest chapter. If you were scared, you would re-enforce that gag chapters wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    I agree. This currect arc is terrible, it seems like the author lost himself halfway through it (and is now having Oga kick everyone's ass at once to end it soon). I miss the gag mood the chapters had in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Justice View Post
    One of the chapters that was rated low was the demon class chapter, which is the funniest chapter. If you were scared, you would re-enforce that gag chapters wouldn't you?
    *shrugs shoulders having nothing to counter with*
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by IgorGB View Post
    I agree. This currect arc is terrible, it seems like the author lost himself halfway through it (and is now having Oga kick everyone's ass at once to end it soon). I miss the gag mood the chapters had in the beginning.
    But there still is a lot of the gag elements in the recent chapters.

123 was an incredible, epic, awesome and hilarious chapter

most of japanese voters prolly didnt liked it coz Oga wasn´t on it...

btw, can anyone, ANYONE, help find pictures of babu 133? this is extremely delayed. we usually get the full chapter on wednesday night/thursday morning ;___;

I am curious as to how this latest Hunter x Hunter chapter will do in the rankings. (knock on wood)

Because holy shit it overshadowed everything else in Jump in terms of sheer FUCK YES.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    I am curious as to how this latest Hunter x Hunter chapter will do in the rankings. (knock on wood)

Because holy shit it overshadowed everything else in Jump in terms of sheer FUCK YES.
    16 chars of strongly agreed.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information