+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 844 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 651 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Oh hey a matter of opinion.

LETS ALL GET ANGRY ABOUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Oh hey a matter of opinion.

LETS ALL GET ANGRY ABOUT IT
    who was angry????

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    The best series currently running in SJ not named One Piece?
    I don't know how I missed this series, I didn't even know it was around
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyfan View Post
    I don't know how I missed this series, I didn't even know it was around
    You may or may not gravitate towards it. It's not for everyone. I personally like it even if it does have a fair few flaws (pointless romance is pointless) but I'd still say it's worth checking out. As are Toriko, Beelzebub, Gintama, Hunter x Hunter and Sket Dance. (Gonna get to Sket Dance as soon as I can!)
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

As long as HxH is around, I can't say Bakuman is second best only to OP.
    But it's definitely up there.

I tried reading Bakuman since it seems to be pretty popular around here. But after reading the first couple of chapters I kinda forgot about it. Part of me is curious how a manga about making manga is so beloved. How far do I need to try and stick with it to find the hook that'll drag me in?

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Until Hiramaru, Fukuda, and friends show up.

Meh, so long as the series are close enough to each other in quality, it all becomes a matter of opinion and personal preference that suits your taste. For example, Sket Dance is my favorite currently running Jump manga next to One Piece (while my all time favorite Jump Manga next to One Piece is Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro).
    Last edited by TLC; November 3rd, 2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Toriko or Beelzebub are third. Maybe Gintama will take a spot once I get down to reading it.

Yeah, I basically agree with TLC. There's quite a few quality series running in SJ right now that it basically comes down to personal preference in the end about what's better than what.

Again, sorry for stirring the pot there...

I dropped Bakuman. Because everything I once liked about the series made me realize that Sket Dance does it ton more better. I regret choosing to follow it weekly till I finally decided to both bother with it anymore.

What I once liked about it was seeing how consistently good the characters were and how exited I was see them get screen-time or a shining moment. Then along the lines, most of my favored characters got shafted aside or reduced to something completely unlikable. Even team Muto's(including Hattori) annoyingly preachy moments got in the way(cept for Kaya. she's down to earth). So I decided to not look at the series until it's at its final legs, because there is no longer an adventure for me to feel satisfied with or enjoy. And to think the series use to be excellent at this in the past too.

That said, it's not an entirely bad series. It has its perps. Maybe it's your thing. Maybe not.

To be fair, I have yet to touch Sket Dance. Maybe I need to check it out...

I need to learn not to judge mangas by their first ten chapters. I picked up Sket Dan, read ten chapters, got bored and nearly irritated and decided to drop it for good. From what I've heard, I've commited a horrible crime against good manga, so I'm thinking of picking it up again.

Guys, is it really worth it?
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

It's one of the most emotional and well grounded manga I have ever had the pleasure of picking up (characters act way more like people than the Baku group does). The flashbacks of the main trio alone are all paragons of well written emotion that send me to tears every time. Oh yeah, it's worth it.

Personally I wouldn't declare what is the second best manga in Jump without having read all current manga in Jump.
    Probably One Piece if I have to make a choice out of what I have read. Since I enjoyed the HXH more than One Piece this year.
    And I have strong dislike for the two [abominations that are] Bakuman's protagonists.
    Last edited by THE SEA; November 3rd, 2011 at 03:20 PM.

I'd have to agree with it being a matter of personal taste, I haven't read gintama, sket dance or bakuman much so I'd say my favorites are

One Piece
    Hunter X Hunter (though I think it's the better series)
    Beelzebub
    Toriko
    and Naruto (which actually is a guilty pleasure of mine for some reason)

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Is the Bakuman anime any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    I need to learn not to judge mangas by their first ten chapters. I picked up Sket Dan, read ten chapters, got bored and nearly irritated and decided to drop it for good. From what I've heard, I've commited a horrible crime against good manga, so I'm thinking of picking it up again.

Guys, is it really worth it?
    Early Sket Dance (as in before chapter 20) is not that fun.

As it happens with that kind of manga, a lot of the humor is derived of the extended cast being crazy people and their reactions to the insanity that happens, or pushing the medium to it's limmits, using itself as the joke.

That's balanced with excelent chapters dedicated to the backstory of the main characters, and a very grounded and realistic romance aspect.

It has fun, it has laughter, it has romance, it has Roman, it's in the top 5 of fun in current shonen jump.

I Don't read: Reborn, The Youkai Clan (next top priority), Inumarudashi, Kochikame, Kuroko no Basket, and everything else under 100 chapters.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEA View Post
    Personally I wouldn't declare what is the second best manga in Jump without having read all current manga in Jump.
    Probably One Piece if I have to make a choice out of what I have read. Since I enjoyed the HXH more than One Piece this year.
    And I have strong dislike for the two [abominations that are] Bakuman's protagonists.
    I've read most everything of note minus Sket Dance, though, like Dryish, I've only read about 8 chapters or so of Beelzebub and HunterxHunter so I'm probably not a good judge on either of those series, but meh.

Bakuman hooked me from Chapter 1 and I read 60 chapters of it in one sitting, so that's largely what I'm going by. It admittedly had a drop in quality around the Shiratori arc and I don't like how Nanamine was ultimately handled, but it's still one of the few manga I read week to week, rather than let the chapters pile up over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    I've read most everything of note minus Sket Dance, though, like Dryish, I've only read about 8 chapters or so of Beelzebub and HunterxHunter so I'm probably not a good judge on either of those series, but meh.

Bakuman hooked me from Chapter 1 and I read 60 chapters of it in one sitting, so that's largely what I'm going by. It admittedly had a drop in quality around the Shiratori arc and I don't like how Nanamine was ultimately handled, but it's still one of the few manga I read week to week, rather than let the chapters pile up over time.
    HxH is something that gets much better as it goes on. Especially when they start getting to all the Nen stuff IMO. Neither it nor Beelzebub can really be judged fairly with only that many chapters read

I would recommend Medaka Box just because it has one of the best characters in Jump right now, but the manga itself can be pretty bad sometimes, but im really liking the recent chapters, so its all around a "mediocre to good" manga.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information