+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 844 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 650 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 16865

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Seriously guys, Beelzebub may be dropping really low in the rankings every once in awhile, but I hardly think it's in the trouble y'all are making it out to be.
    Well, it's just kind of annoying and a bit disconcerting to see Beelzebub consistently ranking in the bottom half of the magazine, which is what's been happening for what feels like months now. If it was a sporadic thing, we wouldn't really care but it just keeps happening. We're all aware the series isn't in any real danger of getting cancelled (most of us anyway) but it is a bit annoying. Especially since we consider Beelzebub to be one of the best current series in the magazine in terms of quality (few would argue this) and yet it pretty much always ranks lower than Naruto. Damn fanboys.

Anyway on to Bakuman! My congratulations to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. They're series may not be perfect, but it is deserving of its popularity and success, and its nice to see that the most popular series in the magazine doesn't always have to be One Piece, Naruto and Toriko. Other series can have their day in the sun too. Happyness!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    it was a joke, you ever heard of them?
    Sarcasm isn't easy to detect when you're posting on the internet.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    it was a joke, you ever heard of them?
    I tend to take it at face value when you're the same person bitching about Beelzebub every week here.

Besides saying you'd nuke Japan or whatever because a Japanese comic book that's above average at best isn't doing as well as you'd like...

dude it just ain't funny

I tend to take it at face value when you're the same person bitching about Beelzebub every week here.
    granted i don't like Beelzebub being so low in the rankings each week, but I think it's clear I'm joking when I start talking about inciting nuclear war over it, at least it seemed a given to me

and I wasn't joking about nuking japan I was joking about nuking everything and everyone ending life on earth over manga ratings, clearly a joke, not funny you may say but only a joke not actually planning to destroy the world here

now if negima gets canceled I'm expecting to hear at least one attempt at destroying the world
    Last edited by choperman; November 1st, 2011 at 02:44 PM.

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

above average at best
    To each his own.

But I'm reminded of something I wanted to bring up with you. Lately you've been complaining about other people whining too much about "OMG Belch is tooo haigh!! XD" or "Oh Noes, Beelzeybub iz to low!! DDD" or new series being too low or some such. You have a right to complain, like anyone else on this forum, or like any other American and I can agree that people are going a bit far with that.

But. This is the thread where the weekly Jump ratings get posted, and people comment on what they like and dislike about the rankings. They're expected too. And everyone is pretty much expected to have series they're fond of and not-so-fond of so they'll either be pleased or disappointed with the rankings that get posted. So they're pretty much expected to complain about whatever they dislike with the rankings, I mean it was going on before you started complaining with people saying "Glad to see Bleach and Reborn ranking low! Gintama and Beelzebub are ranked a little lower than I'd like! That top five is pretty good besides Naruto!" That sort of thing. I mean what would be the point of coming to this thread if people just came to look at the rankings and didn't discuss their opinions on it?

I think the problem is that most people were basically going "Series X I don't like shouldn't be high! Why isn't it cancelled! What's wrong with people! The writer is a horrible person and shouldn't make money!" or "Series B I like isn't high enough! The writer works so hard, why isn't he being appreciated! Why don't other people like my favorite series!" Which is fairly annoying. I'm just saying, complaining about the rankings was kind of always expected when this thread started a year or two ago, considering some of the series that manage to make it big in Jump.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizokuo12 View Post
    It used to be in the top ranking though...
    Maybe it's because it was on a training arc. New generation of shounen mangas shouldn't have that anymore.
    What manga is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by RCat View Post
    What manga is this from?
    Gintama .

Quote Originally Posted by RCat View Post
    What manga is this from?
    Gintama .
    Theories : Buggy will become a shichibukai just cuz of the Impel Down lvl 6 prisioners behind him, Moria is alive but in a coma, Ivankov will find Sabo in the New World as 1 of the Rev. Army commanders, next nakama is a fishman something like a Great White

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post

Sarcasm isn't easy to detect when you're posting on the internet.
    ^ This right here.

You guys all suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Yes. In average, it's TV ratings are something around 4%, which lands it on 15-17 places among all currently airing anime. So, Beelzebub's audience is there. Probably, this means that a solid part of the audience buys trade volumes and not the magazine.

No, really. Why would anyone be bothered with magazine Hunter x Hunter rankings?
    here's 2011 anime ratings from July through October.

Beelzebub ranges anywhere from 1.8% to highest 3.5% Averages about to little below 3%

OP averages around 10%, Toriko around 6.5%, Bleach consistently under 2%, Naruto at steady 4%, Gintama and SKET Dance both around 2%.
    Only the first episode of HxH is recorded yet on that list, but it came in at 4.4%

Gintama anime is more popular than Bleach. I love this.
    Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by !Volpe View Post
    Gintama anime is more popular than Bleach. I love this.
    So are pretty much every shounen manga based anime lol.
    Only one I see on there lower than Bleach (which averages at 1.8%) is Fairy Tale (at 1.7%)

Not counting any late-night anime based on non-categorized magazines obviously.

Two highest shounen are, obviously, One Piece at around 10% and Conan (Case Closed) at around 8~9%
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; November 2nd, 2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: grammanazi

What the heck is Bakuman?? Why is it first?? I've never heard of it before =/
    Bleach back to getting knocked down, Bleach fans didn't enjoy that chapter I guess. Naruto lower than I thought it'd be, odd.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyfan View Post
    What the heck is Bakuman?? Why is it first?? I've never heard of it before =/
    Bleach back to getting knocked down, Bleach fans didn't enjoy that chapter I guess. Naruto lower than I thought it'd be, odd.
    It's a manga about making manga, by the people who made Death Note.

Quote Originally Posted by projectelf View Post
    Hunter x Hunter is the last? Wat?
    I wonder if HxH even counts in rankings? or is it just like Fyuku ryu no Jaguar (am I saying that right?)

Quote Originally Posted by kaizokuo12 View Post
    It seems like the anime doesn't help in Beel's ranking at all.
    I wouldn't know if it ""helps"" but I do know is that, the anime is fucking terrible, to me the only thing that was done right was the OVA's
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    I wonder if HxH even counts in rankings? or is it just like Fyuku ryu no Jaguar (am I saying that right?)
    I think so, it's just that it is somewhat immune to cancellation than most of the bottom dwellers since it's tank sales top most of the series in WSJ.

And it's Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar.

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyfan View Post
    What the heck is Bakuman??
    The best series currently running in SJ not named One Piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Better then Beelzebub and Toriko??? and Gintama??? if so where do I begin reading

EDIT: DAMN IT forgot about Hunter X Hunter, which if were talking about the quality of writing and character development and story it probably is even better then one piece but one piece will always be my fav, just connects well with me
    Last edited by choperman; November 2nd, 2011 at 05:41 PM.

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Sket Dance, Gintama, Toriko, Belzebub and Hunter x Hunter would have a word with you.

Of all of the 6 "good non one piece current jump series that get scanlated regulary" Bakuman is the one who varies in quality and acceptance the most recently.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

:P I knew my comment would stir the pot. Sorries!

In my opinion, the best series currently running in SJ not named One Piece?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information