+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 844 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 645 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Gintama is fifth and Sket Dance is third. Great. Hunter x Hunter and ST&RS are actually rising. Goddamn great.

And Bleach is fourth thanks to Why Me Sad.
    First: so ST&RS isn't cancelled ? I'm confused. But then, what gets the axe for a new series to fit in ?

Second: GOD DAMN YOU JUMP READERS? DAMN YOU.

ST&RS rising helps me keep hope that it'll survive, and it's good to see Magico not being at the bottom again... Pity about Enigma, but I hope Magico and ST&RS last. I'd say if something is going to get cancelled it'd be Enigma, I'd be pretty bummed if they cut ST&RS instead.

Komi Naoshi getting a new series going is fantastic, here's hoping it'll do good.
    "As long as I'm alive, I want to die having risen just one step higher."

I'm still eagerly awaiting for a new series by Matsui.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    First: so ST&RS isn't cancelled ? I'm confused. But then, what gets the axe for a new series to fit in ?
    The series of one-shots from the past few weeks.Tho I'm not sure if Enigma ended this issue.
    Last edited by RDarren; October 26th, 2011 at 07:54 AM.

Shipmate

Second: GOD DAMN YOU JUMP READERS? DAMN YOU.
    Not yet. Shueisha is yet to publish it's first volume - probably in Novemeber together with One Piece and other heavy hitters. After that, it's the official start of the deadmatch between ST&RS, KnK, Kurogane, Magico and Enigma. Although I have some doubts about how much in danger Enigma is.

And it's not like Jump has a set number of manga slots. Right now there are 20 series in Jump. With Niseikoi added - man, it's been three years - there will be 21. It usually ranger from 18 to 23, if I recall correctly.

One rather important info from that ohana post is.... Jump may continue to be difficult to buy this early.

Shuueisha is apparently cracking down on dealers selling Jump too early, and that's why T & ohana both had hard time getting spoilers out.
    It's also probably the reason why mangastream and others are delayed.

Frankly, I don't read them till close to the actual publish date (next monday) anyways, so I don't care if y'all don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Not yet. Shueisha is yet to publish it's first volume - probably in Novemeber together with One Piece and other heavy hitters. After that, it's the official start of the deadmatch between ST&RS, KnK, Kurogane, Magico and Enigma. Although I have some doubts about how much in danger Enigma is.

And it's not like Jump has a set number of manga slots. Right now there are 20 series in Jump. With Niseikoi added - man, it's been three years - there will be 21. It usually ranger from 18 to 23, if I recall correctly.
    So the page count varies that much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    One rather important info from that ohana post is.... Jump may continue to be difficult to buy this early.

Shuueisha is apparently cracking down on dealers selling Jump too early, and that's why T & ohana both had hard time getting spoilers out.
    It's also probably the reason why mangastream and others are delayed.

Frankly, I don't read them till close to the actual publish date (next monday) anyways, so I don't care if y'all don't.
    Ouch, the impatient young fandom will be seriously pissed if this actually changes the scanlators' release schedules. The amount of whining will be horrible to watch. Too bad for them. I can certainly wait for a couple of days more.

This wasn't even unexpected, really. For quite some time now I've been wondering about why Shueisha has allowed this to continue this long in the first place. It was crystal clear that they couldn't end the illegal online scan culture they dislike so much by suing the bigger websites because there would always be new groups scanning their magazines, but not letting any (read: most) of the papers out until the actual publish date was something they could have done to prevent the phenomenon's spreading. Hence, logically, if they really were to fight against it, they'd do this. I can only try to guess what their reasons for not regulating this earlier have been.. Would you be able to enlighten us by any chance?

*sits patiently and waits for the news to reach the masses*
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Eh, the change of time will be hard for us for 2 or 3 weeks until we get used to the next one, for example, today I'm tearing my hair out, but next week I'll be fine and dandy with a release date of friday or even monday.

Still angry that Shonen Jump Alfa is NA only.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    eh, the change of time will be hard for us for 2 or 3 weeks until we get used to the next one, for example, today i'm tearing my hair out, but next week i'll be fine and dandy with a release date of friday or even monday.

Still angry that shonen jump alfa is na only.
    na ?

16 chars of North America

Jump readers statistics:
    Males - 79.8%
    Females - 20.2%

9 years old and less - 2.6%
    10-12 years old - 12.2%
    13-15 years old - 21.3%
    16-18 years old - 16.3%
    19-24 years old - 23.1%
    25-29 years old - 11.3%
    30+ years old - 13.2%

Someday i want see Shonen jump selling in Portugal,perhaps when im 99 years old they will starting selling in europe again and of course nothing here.
    Atleast the volumes should be easier to get.

Shipmate

Four years ago it was thought of as great luck to have One Piece scanlate on Monday or Tuesday - after the release of the actual Jump. I won't get bothered by shedule changes.

So the page count varies that much ?
    Yes, it does. For example, the two Jump issues from last summer I have on my table right now - the difference of width of their spines is ~0.5 cm, almost 90 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    Jump readers statistics
    These statistics have been posted in this thread three times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    Jump readers statistics:
    Males - 79.8%
    Females - 20.2%

9 years old and less - 2.6%
    10-12 years old - 12.2%
    13-15 years old - 21.3%
    16-18 years old - 16.3%
    19-24 years old - 23.1%
    25-29 years old - 11.3%
    30+ years old - 13.2%
    WOW, I know it's Shonen Jump but for the demographic to be skewed THAT much?:/

Quote Originally Posted by Shezar View Post
    Someday i want see Shonen jump selling in Portugal,perhaps when im 99 years old they will starting selling in europe again and of course nothing here.
    Atleast the volumes should be easier to get.
    There are english and french volumes of some shounen manga here (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and more), I actually have the first volume of Berserk, but it was the only one I found.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    There are english and french volumes of some shounen manga here (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and more), I actually have the first volume of Berserk, but it was the only one I found.
    I know(i have naruto 1-8,one piece 10-14,44-46, volume 1 of ramna 1/2) but the first ones are hard and some middle ones are freaking hard to find,never found Beserk ones.With dragon ball series i can find them all easily.Well im only interested buying One piece and Beserk ones,Naruto already have what im interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    WOW, I know it's Shonen Jump but for the demographic to be skewed THAT much?:/

One Piece and Naruto readers who started since the beggining were in their 12-15 when they started.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I was talking about the gender. I expected at least a 60:40 ratio but 80:20? Geez, it sure lives up to its name.

The bleach Shrimpo fans got a lot more weird now.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information