+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 844 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 643 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Look on the bright side. If HxH gets canned, Togashi can finish his Dragon Quest Let's Play.
    So true..so true..

Btw; I was wandering if any manga was canned due to HxH return from hiatus(es) or do they increase the number of manga in WSJ while HxH is on?
    I was banned from HxH thread b/c Robby disagrees with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dreamer View Post
    So true..so true..

Btw; I was wandering if any manga was canned due to HxH return from hiatus(es) or do they increase the number of manga in WSJ while HxH is on?
    idk about how they usually do it, but from what I've heard hunter x hunter is all about the volume sales, that are ridiculous, it probably doesn't matter if he gets bottom 5 for life cause one volume of his will probably outsell 3 - 4 volumes of Bleach, that man makes bank

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Of course the chapter where sasuke returns gets the first spot...

Lol, how that ranking will for sure change again next week...having a bullcrap Naruto chapter after having "higher expectations" and an rly good OP chapter after having "lower" expectations this week.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil┤s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney┤s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha┤s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Fuck yeah Magico, fuck yeah!!!
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Ideal Bottom Five:
    Enigma
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Reborn
    Inumaru
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Ideal Bottom Five:
    Enigma
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Reborn
    Inumaru
    D
    Dont know this one,whats story like?

Quote Originally Posted by Shezar View Post
    D
    Dont know this one,whats story like?
    A gag manga with an perveted kindergarten kid that doesn't wear pants.
    The only scanlated chapter: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/inumar...01/c001/1.html
    Naruto is so cool it has 600 billion naked Zetsus with armadillo penises dancing under an rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    A gag manga with an perveted kindergarten kid that doesn't wear pants.
    The only scanlated chapter: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/inumar...01/c001/1.html
    DEAR GOD...How did this .....okay.

Thanks for the answer.

Inumaru has a pretty much guaranteed "gag" spot, in the tradition of Sexy Commando Masaru-san and Jaguar, so putting it in the bottom five simply makes it a bottom four.

You should disregard it, along with HxH from rankings.

Are there any scans of Welcome to the Competitive Dance Club? If so, links?

Kurogane got a good start, also CP and 25 pg next week? Hmm, that's not a standard TOC welcome package for new series, or is it? It's still too early but I like the series and hope WSJ is serious about cultivating another sport manga.

So we probably should count HxH, Inumaru and Kochikame out of ranking, seeing how they are immune from cut, for different reasons.

But speaking of the whole bottom 5 and risk cutting business, I'm not sure if I buy it anymore: Nurarihyon and Madaka Box are both frequent visitors to the bottom floor, yet the latter is getting an anime adoption next Spring and the former just got a 2nd season. I don't care about Nura and loathe Madaka, yet I don't see either of the two going anywhere.<BR><BR>

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    idk about how they usually do it, but from what I've heard hunter x hunter is all about the volume sales, that are ridiculous, it probably doesn't matter if he gets bottom 5 for life cause one volume of his will probably outsell 3 - 4 volumes of Bleach, that man makes bank
    I'm not asking if HxH is in danger from getting canned as I'm sure it's safe.

I'm asking if another series was canned (when HxH returned from hiatus) to allow HxH a spot or was it added to the current line of running manga?
    I was banned from HxH thread b/c Robby disagrees with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dreamer View Post
    I'm not asking if HxH is in danger from getting canned as I'm sure it's safe.

I'm asking if another series was canned (when HxH returned from hiatus) to allow HxH a spot or was it added to the current line of running manga?
    Oh sorry, I have no clue

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by archanfel View Post
    Kurogane got a good start, also CP and 25 pg next week? Hmm, that's not a standard TOC welcome package for new series, or is it? It's still too early but I like the series and hope WSJ is serious about cultivating another sport manga.

So we probably should count HxH, Inumaru and Kochikame out of ranking, seeing how they are immune from cut, for different reasons.

But speaking of the whole bottom 5 and risk cutting business, I'm not sure if I buy it anymore: Nurarihyon and Madaka Box are both frequent visitors to the bottom floor, yet the latter is getting an anime adoption next Spring and the former just got a 2nd season. I don't care about Nura and loathe Madaka, yet I don't see either of the two going anywhere.<BR><BR>
    Both Nura and Medaka Box did not get cut due to their good volume sales. Just because a series is ranked at the bottom does not mean that it is unpopular. As long as they continue to sell well, they would most likely be safe.

Why are people surprised that HxH is on the bottom? It hasn't been in the magazine for over a year, and the last time it was there it only had like 20 chapters, there are a ton of readers who don't have any fucking clue what it is, why it's there, or what's going on in it. And I bet the hardcore Togashi fans don't read much Jump, they just buy the volumes, so the vote you have represented right now is a bunch of confused 12-year olds.

This happened last time. Unless HxH truly comes back and sticks, I don't think it will climb out of the bottom. But like people said, that doesn't matter, because the volume sales are good, and no editor wants to be the "one who canned HxH".

Remember also that the JUMP demographic has changed drastically in recent years. But yeah, Lith is right on the money.

A lot of folks probably don't have any idea wtf it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by !Volpe View Post
    Kurogane started great!
    And I agree with you, Reborn could be in the top five instead of Naruto...
    Toriko, Gintama and One Piece are my favorite series on the Jump. And Sket looks cool.
    I'll take Naruto over Reborn any day.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Opinion is opinion, anyway. Reborn isn't a great series, but for me, it's better than Naruto. I repeat, for ME.
    Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by !Volpe View Post
    Opinion is opinion, anyway. Reborn isn't a great series, but for me, it's better than Naruto. I repeat, for ME.
    Well, that┤s no saying much. It┤s like you┤re saying that you prefer molestation to prison rape or something like that.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information