+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 844 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 636 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Or too violent with actual human emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    seeing Bleach ranking this week make me wonder how can some of Bleach fans think most of Bleach readers are adults and teenagers, and Bleach is more mature than One Piece, more seinen while One Piece fans most of them are kids with lame taste. they also said that Bleach should be in Seinen magazine.
    Its actually the contrary, I see a lot of kids liking Naruto and Bleach...

I don't actually know any kid who likes One Piece but then again we only have Naruto and Bleach on TV here in Portugal, we had One Piece before those two but it didn't work I believe.

So more blood and deaths = more mature, ok.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Its actually the contrary, I see a lot of kids liking Naruto and Bleach...

I don't actually know any kid who likes One Piece but then again we only have Naruto and Bleach on TV here in Portugal, we had One Piece before those two but it didn't work I believe.

So more blood and deaths = more mature, ok.
    yeah, and i think this TOC and what happen to Bleach ranking in the past few month already show us that like other manga in JUmp, Bleach fans also kids and much worse because they only vote for their favorite characters. i don't know maybe it because they are kids so they don't really care about plot/story or background or Bleach is just terrible and only famous to this day because of its past glory and characters. i mean, One piece and Naruto already make and arc that only consist of one or two main character(Luffy, Naruto and Sasuke), but still didn't drop in the ranking. and looks like Ichigo suck compare to other secondary characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    I got on chapter 3 of the Mirror thing. I honestly like the rules it's establishing, but not the standard "average black haired guy" muddled with fan-service trope. Seen it far too many times already.
    I haven't read it, but I enjoyed the author's previous two mangas, "Pretty Face" and "Mx0" well enough. They do have a tendency of getting cancelled after being in the magazine for a fair amount of time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    All I want to comment on is that I really, really hope Beelzebub doesn't keep ranking in the bottom 5 and that being consistently in the bottom 5 doesn't make the series a cancellation target. Because I really, really don't want to see it cancelled. That'll suck so hard. I hope volume sales stay strong and the series keeps going because I've been really excited for the newest arc. Fingers crossed.
    That won't happen. That CAN'T happen. Beelzeebub is a SJ Top 3 right now quality wise, it would be a fucking abomination to cancel it.

Plus, I'm quite sure Bleach has tasted the bottom 5 for a longer period than Beelzebub lately. . .or similar, at least. Just wait untill Glasses Guy and Toujou come back, and I guess ratings will skyrocket, just like with Bleach. Maybe japanese kids work like that, a character that I like comes back = I rate this chapter higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I haven't read it, but I enjoyed the author's previous two mangas, "Pretty Face" and "Mx0" well enough. They do have a tendency of getting cancelled after being in the magazine for a fair amount of time though.
    Yeah, I have heard about them after I was finished catching up. Yeah. It does seem it was written by someone who has been up and down with Jump in the past. I'm not entirely sure if this one is going to be a hit, but it's an amusing romantic comedy so far. It's also strangely open ended... like it can end at any given time. Which is a shame really. It's like the author is expecting to be canceled, while keeping some hopes up.

Cover WSJ #43:

Credits: JJT

Didnt see anyone posting this .

Moral of he story: shameless rating grabs pulled out of ass DO work. Especially on young kids.

I honestly think that many of these voters just either weren't around when Bleach was being especialy atrocious, or just forgot.

Don't worry about Beelzebub. The manga may rank low on this thing but the anime is doing well. It pulls in better ratings than Bleach.

All right good to know. I don't want to sound paranoid or like I'm obsessed with the series or anything I'm just getting a bit worried because if it places low in the rankings every now and then it's all right but it's been ranking low more frequently than I would personally like. And the volume sales will probably stay strong so I'd say there's nothing to worry about.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

I don't read Bleach, but like One Piece it has a definitive end right (becoming Pirate King will be near the end of OP)?

How close is it story-wise to the end? No need to go in to detail to avoid spoilers, I was just curious if Bleach's ratings have fallen whether it's easy for the mangaka to wrap things up soon.

I'm not worried about Beelzebub, I'm worried about ST&RS. It just started and it's been dead last twice in a row. I think it's an interesting series and would like it to raise up a bit so it doesn't get cancelled.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Justice View Post
    I don't read Bleach, but like One Piece it has a definitive end right (becoming Pirate King will be near the end of OP)?

But Like One Piece it has an end right?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Yeah No. The series has never had a goal or planned ending and the author has said he wants the series to go on for another ten years if possible. But then again the author of Bleach has shown himself to be pretty darn insane numerous times before this so its for the best not to take anything he says too seriously.
    Last edited by Kareem Said; September 30th, 2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Don't want to sound like an ass but I was amused.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Justice View Post

How close is it story-wise to the end? No need to go in to detail to avoid spoilers, I was just curious if Bleach's ratings have fallen whether it's easy for the mangaka to wrap things up soon.
    Bleach had a clear end-point, only for the author to completely ignore it and continue the story regardless.

With Bleach's pacing, I won't be surprised if Kubo spends 10 years with Ichigo opening a door.

With Bleach's pacing, I won't be surprised if Kubo spends 10 years with Ichigo opening a door.
    Aizen spent centuries waiting for a chance to open a door to kill the spirit king or wtf the "plot" was. So it's not that surprising if Kubo does it again.
    Theories : Buggy will become a shichibukai just cuz of the Impel Down lvl 6 prisioners behind him, Moria is alive but in a coma, Ivankov will find Sabo in the New World as 1 of the Rev. Army commanders, next nakama is a fishman something like a Great White

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFruit View Post
    Aizen spent centuries waiting for a chance to open a door to kill the spirit king or wtf the "plot" was. So it's not that surprising if Kubo does it again.
    Actually I remember that I read somewhere sometime ago (after the Ichigo/Aizen battle), that Bleach will have only 2 more arcs, one Short (lasts for a few months) and 1 long (lasts for +1 year). I don't read Bleach so I don't know if the short arc is over or not. Besides Kobo may change his mind at any point.
    I was banned from HxH thread b/c Robby disagrees with my opinion.

Didn't Kubo said he'll go for 1000 chapters at one point too? With all these thing I been hearing, it's hard to keep this man's story straight.

Didn't Kubo said he'll go for 1000 chapters at one point too? With all these thing I been hearing, it's hard to keep this man's story straight.
    As I said before the man has no idea what he's talking about. Let's just hope he gets as tired of the "story" as we do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information