+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 844 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 625 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Nothing to celebrate about yet.

It would be beyond hilarious if the ratings actually DROP after the shameless plug chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Nothing to celebrate about yet.

It would be beyond hilarious if the ratings actually DROP after the shameless plug chapter.
    Could it be that the fans actualy liked Chad and Orihime and this is making them pissed off ?

Because if so the latest chapter just literaly ensured they would go into a frenzy !

FT is nowhere close to being the worst shounen manga/anime ever, much less manga in general.
    At worst it's simply generic.

Same applies to Bleach. It's just that these are crappy in relation to their popularity is all.
    Finally. A post that makes sense.

I don't mean to look like I'm sporting the idea, but reactions like "oh wia iz it doin well" just never cuts it for me. I may hate alot of shallow popular franchises, but it isn't really by place to say what people should or should not buy. That's just me, so...

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Honestly, I kind of think Enigma is out of ideas. On the other hand, I've really been enjoying Magico and would like it to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    The fact that there's so popular gives the series extra burden to be good and live up to it's name so it's extra disappointing when it's bad. Plus quality aside, I have never read a manga that is so soulless such as Fairy Tail or Bleach.
    Go and read Tenjou Tenge

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    That. Doesn't. Make. It. A GOOD SERIES!!! That doesn't make it a passable series, either! Dude, I don't mind it if you like FT, even if it is soulless, but come on! Can't you think of anything better than "It's not the worst manga in the world!! That's something, right?"

Not really.
    Well honestly I get annoyed when everyone and there mother says "FT iz da wowrst manga evah cuz all I read is One Piece, Naruto and Bleach" which I know is not the case for you but it is the case for a large majority of people. An as bad as FT is I still enjoy it because I can actually understand it plot and all. Ask ANYONE who has followed T.T. (Tenjou Tenge for short) and they'll tell you that there is a point in the series where nothing makes fucking sense and it's only redeeming quality is the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    Honestly, I kind of think Enigma is out of ideas. On the other hand, I've really been enjoying Magico and would like it to stick around.
    I've been catching back up with Enigma and I can honestly see why it's ratings have been going down. The series pretty much lost it's edge.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Tenjou Tenge was quite good for a while and even till the end had plenty of soul. It just turned to crap by the second flash back as the author had too many ideas and they all meshed together to make a huge mess that no one could make heads or tails of not that he didn't care about his work.

Honestly, I still read FT even though I'm very annoyed of it.
    Some long-term predictions:
    Vegapunk with Paw-Paw fruit for Nakama!!!
    Kaidou is gonna be killed by Blackbeard and get his strongest Zoan DF!!!

FT is nowhere close to being the worst shounen manga/anime ever, much less manga in general.
    At worst it's simply generic.

Same applies to Bleach. It's just that these are crappy in relation to their popularity is all.
    I tend to agree, for all my bluster and hyperbole.

Fairy Tail frustrates me, but only in proportion to its popularity.

If it weren't popular, I could not find two half-fucks to rub together in the hopes I could give a whole fuck about it.

Fairy Tail and Bleach are bad in relation to their popularity. Whether you think that means they have more to prove or not is one thing, but as far as being the bottom of the manga barrel? They ain't, honestly. I personally think they're bad objectively too, but the worst or near worst? No. I can't commit to that. The bottom of the manga barrel is DEEP. Do Felch and Fairy Fail have highly annoying fanbases? Yes. But I'd say that's more because of the nature of fandom (i.e. fandoms can be highly annoying). The One Piece fandom can be highly annoying (and elitist) too. A large part of why we dislike Bleach and Fairy Tail is because of their popularity. They both have failed potential, yes, but so do a ton of series we dislike. It's just not as annoying with those. Namely because they are not more popular than other things that we like.

But if Fairy Tail and Bleach weren't popular, they would hardly be worth the effort of criticism. Think about it. If Bleach disappeared from the cover of Jump forever - forever banished from close quarters with all the other series you love - you would probably not spare it a second thought. And if you can think of manga so bad they aren't even worth talking about, then congratulations (or condolences): you've probably found a manga worse than Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Finally. A post that makes sense.

I don't mean to look like I'm sporting the idea, but reactions like "oh wia iz it doin well" just never cuts it for me. I may hate alot of shallow popular franchises, but it isn't really by place to say what people should or should not buy. That's just me, so...
    This is a bit off topic, but frankly, I don't think there are so many lines in the sand when it comes to shonen manga. Few that we don't make ourselves, anyway.

Many of us feel the popularity of Bleach means that Beelzebub isn't popular, or that because so many people buy Fairy Tail less people are buying Toriko. The reality is probably that the franchises have a lot of the same people buying them both. The likelihood that the popularity of Bleach specifically is hurting your special snowflake favowite tru luv series probably isn't as great as you think. Everything in JUMP is in competition with everything else in JUMP. But just as one of us is a fan of One Piece but also enjoys Bakuman or Sket Dance, another of us may be a fan of One Piece but prefer Toriko and Bleach to Sket Dance. It's not so cut and dry. Why does it even need to be us and them? Besides the fact that fanbases are insular and like to feel like their junk is better than the other guy's junk?

I mean, as fun as it may be to make fun of the other guy's junk, I try not to let it get to me too much that he likes it.

An internal "Why is this popular?" doesn't always need to become an external "You are bad for making this popular." People like what they like. It's possible they also like what you do too.

Something that has been bugging me lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

This raises an important question, then.

What IS at the bottom of the barrel?

Hentai manga involving fecal matter.

There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Hentai doesn't count.
    Last edited by TLC; September 1st, 2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Though I suppose To-Love-Ru blurs that line, doesn't it?

To Love Ru.

To Love Ru Darkness.

To Love Ru....Thank God I never paid enough attention to that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    To Love Ru.

To Love Ru Darkness.
    I liked the mangaka's describing some other man taking off his wife's panties though.

That was.....all kinds of awkward.

But seriously, does Kämpfer count as Shounen ? Because if so, that is the bottom of the barrel, in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    how are these posts possible?

Space/time technology.

Quote Originally Posted by 'ko View Post
    how are these posts possible?
    JC and Silence are the same person

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    To Love Ru....Thank God I never paid enough attention to that series.
    To Love Ru is the first and last time I intentionally read a bad manga to see what all the hype was about. So so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    JC and Silence are the same person

Very clever, Maam.
    I had this dupe account for years, posing as an African American male to avoid suspicion.
    But it seems you saw right through my ruse.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information