+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 844 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 614 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 16868

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    More like, "we're not gonna publish the next tankoubon until you decide to come back, get to work Togashi!!"

You do realize tankoubon sales make up the bulk majority of a mangaka's income right. (excluding anime franchise merchandise)
    Perfect material to use as hostage.
    Aohige, I'm just asking again in case you didn't see my post (you probably don't have time to read all this since you're busy I bet) so I'm just quoting you so you can see the notifications thingy.

What Sket Chapter was released 8 weeks ago? Because Sket Dance is in freakin' second-third place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    What Sket Chapter was released 8 weeks ago? Because Sket Dance is in freakin' second-third place!!!
    Chapter was the #187 on Jump's Issue #26.

Yeah but what happened in it? Was it super mega good? Was it the Valentine chapter?

Yeah but what happened in it? Was it super mega good? Was it the Valentine chapter?
    I don't read Sket Dance, but I saw that look all the Jump's raw and if I remember correctly there still was the Valentine Arc and not the Bossun's 17th Birthday Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.G View Post
    There are the 10 remaining chapters that wasn't in tankobon.
    Spoiler:
    Some of them are Pitoh's death and the King defeating Meleoron and Knuckle.

Oh man, that chapter still gives me chills. I thought they were dead.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    A lot of moments from Hunter x Hunter will do that to you. I remember early on in the Hunter Exams Hisoka was after some guy and while he was rushing after him he made a face that was so creepy it was... *shudders*! You'd need to see that face in order to know what I was talking about (which you probably did).

One of the better/best aspects of Hunter x Hunter that I found was that Togashi never held back on the violence/creep factor. But I felt he didn't go overboard or over-the-top with it either he only used it as much as necessary. Most other writers would probably go too far with the sorts of things he did. So yeah, it's good to have him back in August (even if only for a few months.)
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    A lot of moments from Hunter x Hunter will do that to you. I remember early on in the Hunter Exams Hisoka was after some guy and while he was rushing after him he made a face that was so creepy it was... *shudders*! You'd need to see that face in order to know what I was talking about (which you probably did).
    Are you referring about this image Kareen?

Aohige, I'm just asking again in case you didn't see my post (you probably don't have time to read all this since you're busy I bet) so I'm just quoting you so you can see the notifications thingy.

Since issue 33 is Sket Dance 195, the 2nd chapter in the Valentines arc featuring mostly Momoka was 187.
    It was.... a pretty good romance chapter, and a cliffhanger end.

However, 188 was even better chapter as a conclusion to the arc, and I hope Sket fans sending the polls in feels the same.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; July 21st, 2011 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post

One of the better/best aspects of Hunter x Hunter that I found was that Togashi never held back on the violence/creep factor. But I felt he didn't go overboard or over-the-top with it either he only used it as much as necessary. Most other writers would probably go too far with the sorts of things he did. So yeah, it's good to have him back in August (even if only for a few months.)
    you say that like I'm not the one of the biggest fans of this series. I depress any newbie manga reader with the intro to the chimera ant arc with the two kids.

Togashi in one chapter can make you feel for characters that Bleach can't in 50.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Haha same here. I was like "Holy shit, what the hell, Togashi!?" .

http://i4.mangareader.net/hunter-x-h...er-1640824.jpg
    Guys where are you getting these horrible scans from ?

you say that like I'm not the one of the biggest fans of this series. I depress any newbie manga reader with the intro to the chimera ant arc with the two kids.

Togashi in one chapter can make you feel for characters that Bleach can't in 50.
    I've said OH SHIT out loud a bunch of times while reading Hunter x Hunter
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Jump puts out the volumes of HXH when the series is gonna continue in Jump for promotional reasons. They get people excited all at once, and buy everything. Rather than come out with the volume a few months after it's on hiatus.

There are rumors that there may be a new HXH anime announced around the day the next volume comes out, two weeks from now.

Hunter X Hunter got very confusing in York New. The Mob was here, The troupe was over there, Gon and Killua were getting money. All that violence and suspense and drama over a video game. Man, if game releases in real life were like this... (shudder).
    The Real Fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    I've said OH SHIT out loud a bunch of times while reading Hunter x Hunter
    Any manga that gives you that reaction is good one.

Still don't understand why Kuroko no Basket is so low on the list. After Ace of Diamond it probably is my favorite sports manga coming out right now. Are sports manga just not as popular in general?

http://i4.mangareader.net/hunter-x-h...er-1640824.jpg
    Yes. That image is like a trainwreck. It's horrible but I can't look away. Although it's intentionally horrific, unlike Masashi Kishimoto's current artwork.

@pyromonki It's okay dude I wasn't saying you weren't a fan. Hunter x Hunter is a great Shonen and I don't really get why there are people who don't like it. I've seen people on Narutofan calling it "Hunter x Boring" (very funny ) and while I know these people are idiots, I still don't understand them. Yeah Togashi can go kind of overboard with the exposition now and then but there's tons of excitement to be had in this series. I mean in volume 3 Killua rips a serial killers heart out! I have to ask: How can a series with moments like that be boring!
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Still don't understand why Kuroko no Basket is so low on the list. After Ace of Diamond it probably is my favorite sports manga coming out right now. Are sports manga just not as popular in general?
    It's mostly due to the fact that it's been done before, or at least that's the attitude people have. Count how many football/soccer manga there are in existance?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn

Does Togashi draw all those name chapters properly for tankobon? Or they have enough guts to publish ten chapters of sketches? I read all HxH the last week and I'm simply curious. Because it amazes me how Togashi can get away with such stuff for years. At least, in the outcome, HxH is worth being continued.
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by Mortea View Post
    Does Togashi draw all those name chapters properly for tankobon? Or they have enough guts to publish ten chapters of sketches? I read all HxH the last week and I'm simply curious. Because it amazes me how Togashi can get away with such stuff for years. At least, in the outcome, HxH is worth being continued.
    I've said before that the reason he gets away with it is probably because he had already written YYH which was pretty successful, HxH used to be on par with One Piece and Naruto in terms of popularity and his wife is the creator of Sailor Moon which was also very successful. So he and his wife will probably be fine with Togashi only putting out one or two volumes a year.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information