+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 843 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 606 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuffy559 View Post
    Is that a real translation of a scene from the latest Bakuman chapter or just a parody?
    Parody-edit. A scene where Niizuma Eiji is talking about a certain manga dragging on, and the author who writes the script.

Bleach in bottom 3? Glorrriousss. Would they actually cancel Bleach if it got to the bottom? o_o
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by vorlianis View Post
    You say that as if it's a bad thing.
    Not a bad thing for me, I'm just wondering why its still going if its at the same place
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Bleach in bottom 3? Glorrriousss. Would they actually cancel Bleach if it got to the bottom? o_o
    As long as Bleach continues to make a buttload of money, it's never going to end.

I think the anime would have to end before they even consider cancelling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    As long as Bleach continues to make a buttload of money, it's never going to end.

Awww man. I was hoping for a "Yes Femme, Yes. When Bleach hits the bottom, it doesn't matter how many fangirls cry, WSJ is dropping that shit. Just like it happened for _________"

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I don't even know why they keep the anime going as it is. Low ratings and doomed to endless filler arcs.
    Maybe it's due to the ok dvd sales, but fillers always hurt the sales too. My best guess is that Shueisha is afraid to see the series' popularity definitely going to hell without the anime, which is just a big weekly advertisement after all.

Shipmate

Bleach free falling to the very bottom pleases me to no end.

Beelzebub, however? Let's see, eight weeks ago - it was the chapter after Oga came, defeated one of the demons and announced himself as Beel's parent. Oh god. Character development. Jump readers hate character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Bleach free falling to the very bottom pleases me to no end.

Beelzebub, however? Let's see, eight weeks ago - it was the chapter after Oga came, defeated one of the demons and announced himself as Beel's parent. Oh god. Character development. Jump readers hate character development.
    If that's the case, I kind of get it. It was very very unanounced and unforeshadowed that suddenly Oga liked baby Beel now.

Besides It's not "I'm his NAKAMAAAAA!" or "I'm his family" it's "I'm his father".. not the target audience.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Shipmate

Unannounced and unforeshadowed? Maybe, if it happned back in the first volumes; but not today. Oga was shown to care a great deal for Beel evenback in the Toujou arc. A good hundred of chapters has passed since then. Now, when Oga is faced by demons who want to kill him and take his foster kid back to hell - isn't it a good moment for him to state his resolve?

The problem is that Bleach still sells a whole lot of manga volumes. Its sales are down quite a bit but it's still well ahead of Toriko, Bakuman or the other newer popular series. That'll keep it going.

If it keeps up this downward spiral though, could they maybe move it out of Weekly Jump and into, say, Jump Square, like what happened with D. Gray-man? Can you imagine Bleach as a monthly series lol

Perhaps we should start advertising to people across the world (both in the US and in Japan) why bleach cannot be readable? It would make a great boycott against Tite Kubo!

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbo View Post
    The problem is that Bleach still sells a whole lot of manga volumes. Its sales are down quite a bit but it's still well ahead of Toriko, Bakuman or the other newer popular series. That'll keep it going.

If it keeps up this downward spiral though, could they maybe move it out of Weekly Jump and into, say, Jump Square, like what happened with D. Gray-man? Can you imagine Bleach as a monthly series lol
    Didn't D. Gray-man move to Jump Square because the author was having medical problems with her hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbo View Post
    Can you imagine Bleach as a monthly series lol
    couldn't be much worse than gantz (5 chapters of Tae! Sitting in an animal cage. It's so brilliant!) ... couldn't be. could it? I'm scared....
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Swordsman Of The Atlantic chpollastrini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Didn't D. Gray-man move to Jump Square because the author was having medical problems with her hand?
    You can't argue that Kubo is having problems with his brain....
    My 3DS FC: 0361 - 7494 - 3910

My 3DS FC: 0361 - 7494 - 3910

No one's commented on poor Nura. That series doesn't deserve to rank below fucking Bleach (and be effectively last). Hope it moves out of it. And yeah Beel shouldn't be so low. Good to see Reborn where it rightfully deserves to be and nice to see Toriko beating Naruto again.

Oh and once more take it from the top FALL BLEACH FALL!!!
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

To me, Nura is a mixed bag.
    I love the art, the characters are endearing and well on the level expected of a WSJ manga.
    Hell Tsurara is possibly the most adorable heroine in current WSJ manga.

But the author can't pace himself to save face, nor can he fully utilized his arsenal for a dramatic effect on story.
    So many well thought out plots falls to mediocre execution.

I think he needs more experience in writing manga, but at this rate I fear the series won't live long enough for him to develop the skills.

See, I think Watsuki Nobuteru had similar problems at start. His execution of plots were generic at best.
    But he learned, and he learned quick. Learned quick enough to survive and pull through well.
    Nura's been given long enough time for it to improve, I don't know how much more time readers (and the editorial) are willing to give him.

Well, it has a second season of its anime starting in a couple months, and sells like 200K each volume, so clearly it's doing something right. Though once it gets past the Kyoto arc in the anime and gets to the lesser-liked arcs it might not work out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    See, I think Watsuki Nobuteru had similar problems at start.
    Who is Watsuki Nobuteru?
    Don't you mean Watsuki Nobuhiro?

I also like Naru, started with the anime with the first 10 episodes and moved to the manga.
    It deserves a lot more credit then it's getting, even if the pacing is.. Eh. (Really don't like the fact that it's below Bleach.. Meh)

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEA View Post
    Who is Watsuki Nobuteru?
    Don't you mean Watsuki Nobuhiro?
    Yes, that. The fat pig.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information