+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 844 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #2021
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I read until the Kyoto arc actually I didn't like that arc actually heh but I will give it shot, need to start it again because I don't remember much.

  2. #2022
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    I can't wait what the author of Neuro has in store, hope its good.

    and ughhhhh Skadi.
    YATTA!!!!!!!!

    Finally, Matsui's back><!!!!

  3. #2023

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    you know whats hilarious? i've said countless times that I dropped bakuman and nobody has ever asked me why and yet skadi says he/she doesn't like it and everyone asks him/her why.

    as for nura is the kyoto arc what was covered in the first anime season?
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

  4. #2024
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    you know whats hilarious? i've said countless times that I dropped bakuman and nobody has ever asked me why and yet skadi says he/she doesn't like it and everyone asks him/her why.

    as for nura is the kyoto arc what was covered in the first anime season?
    Why'd you drop Bakuman? The series is great. I hate to play this card, but you like Reborn and Shaman King but actually good series like Bakuman? Heh, those are boring, for some reason. No offense GEPPETO I don't want to do this to you, but your tastes are kind of weird. You seem to have an inconsistent view of what makes a series good or bad. Many of the problems that exist in Bleach are also very prevalent in Reborn, Shaman King and Fairy Tail (series you've admitted to liking) and I really have to question why you'd give up on Bakuman, a series which continues to hold my interest and not those series.

    I'm not trying to drill you or anything, it's just your tastes seem a bit inconsistent to me. It kind of ties into that mentality I dislike where Bleach and Naruto (crappy series don't get me wrong) are the "cool" thing to hate for One Piece fans so some fans just hate on them because it's "cool" and other equally crappy series which are less cool to hate on are perfectly decent series to these people when they're actually just as flawed. I just really dislike that mentality and I'm not necessarily saying you have it (though it kind of looks like it). I just want some clarification please.

    But I guess what this all comes down to in the end is, why'd you drop Bakuman?
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  5. #2025
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Its funny, I hate Bleach but Reborn is one of the series I love.

    I can't seen to not like it even after its flaws have been pointed out to me.
    Last edited by IceBorg; July 1st, 2011 at 07:21 PM.

  6. #2026

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    you know whats hilarious? i've said countless times that I dropped bakuman and nobody has ever asked me why and yet skadi says he/she doesn't like it and everyone asks him/her why.
    Well I'm assuming you don't go around stating downright wrong things you made up as legitimate flaws and then hide behind the "Well it's my opinion and opinions are never wrong" wall when someone calls you out on your bullshit. So that's probably why you don't have a ton of people inquiring about why you dropped Bakuman.

    Besides I've seen you around GEPPETOSMONSTER and I just want to say I respect you even if I don't always agree with you.

  7. #2027

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Well I'm assuming you don't go around stating downright wrong things you made up as legitimate flaws and then hide behind the "Well it's my opinion and opinions are never wrong" wall when someone calls you out on your bullshit. So that's probably why you don't have a ton of people inquiring about why you dropped Bakuman.

    Besides I've seen you around GEPPETOSMONSTER and I just want to say I respect you even if I don't always agree with you.

    I never said that. I may have been wrong about what a shonen may contain, but i dont hide behind "its my opinion and opinions are never wrong".

    I openly admited bakuman is not my cup of tea. Must be that im not accustomed to this kind of shonen. I didnt wanted to start any kind of arguing, i was just telling that not everybody here has bakuman on his/her top 5

  8. #2028
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    The funniest part about Bleach tanking is it could have died peacefully with Aizen's incarceration, but Kubo characteristically tried to give it an afterlife. Is it true he made an appeal to fans on helping him improve his manga?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

  9. #2029

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    The funniest part about Bleach tanking is it could have died peacefully with Aizen's incarceration, but Kubo characteristically tried to give it an afterlife. Is it true he made an appeal to fans on helping him improve his manga?
    funny thing is, i bet even these 10-15 year olds could write a better story then he ever could, at least a functioning one at best

  10. #2030

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Well I'm assuming you don't go around stating downright wrong things you made up as legitimate flaws and then hide behind the "Well it's my opinion and opinions are never wrong" wall when someone calls you out on your bullshit. So that's probably why you don't have a ton of people inquiring about why you dropped Bakuman.

    Besides I've seen you around GEPPETOSMONSTER and I just want to say I respect you even if I don't always agree with you.
    I appreciate that very much and in return I respect you sir/maam

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Why'd you drop Bakuman? The series is great. I hate to play this card, but you like Reborn and Shaman King but actually good series like Bakuman? Heh, those are boring, for some reason. No offense GEPPETO I don't want to do this to you, but your tastes are kind of weird. You seem to have an inconsistent view of what makes a series good or bad. Many of the problems that exist in Bleach are also very prevalent in Reborn, Shaman King and Fairy Tail (series you've admitted to liking) and I really have to question why you'd give up on Bakuman, a series which continues to hold my interest and not those series.

    I'm not trying to drill you or anything, it's just your tastes seem a bit inconsistent to me. It kind of ties into that mentality I dislike where Bleach and Naruto (crappy series don't get me wrong) are the "cool" thing to hate for One Piece fans so some fans just hate on them because it's "cool" and other equally crappy series which are less cool to hate on are perfectly decent series to these people when they're actually just as flawed. I just really dislike that mentality and I'm not necessarily saying you have it (though it kind of looks like it). I just want some clarification please.

    But I guess what this all comes down to in the end is, why'd you drop Bakuman?
    I like Shaman King and Fairy Tail because there fun reads for me, I read them the same reason why I watched DragonballZ when I was 8 and that was solely for the RAAAWRS and Pewpew gigantor explosions. I don't however like REBORN all that much anymore at first I thought it was a good series until the same formula is used in practically every arc. New enemies appear the vongola kids get new powers those new powers either work for them or end up being useless and they lose anyway, at the end tsuna always prevails because he stops becoming a whiny bitch than reverts back to being a whiney bitch again in the next arc completely disregarding character growth.

    Now to answer your question why did I drop Bakuman? simple really I would love to read it in it's entirety which when it comes to those 2 sorry don't remember there names, they seem to have a series last for a little bit it looks like this series is lasting for quite some time now. Another reason why I dropped was because personally for me I felt like I was reading it just to see where Mashiro and Azuki's manga landed on the fantasy TOC, the last batch of chapters I read was Mashiro showing his uncles grave a draft or something sorry it's been so long, that scene made me cry but why didn't I continue on after that? well I really don't like slice of life drama storys not saying there not great just not my thing, when I do get into them however I like to read or watch them when the series is completed.

    I hope this answers your question, if this however sparks more questions please ask and i'll be glad to answer to the best of my ability
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

  11. #2031

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    I never said that. I may have been wrong about what a shonen may contain, but i dont hide behind "its my opinion and opinions are never wrong".

    I openly admited bakuman is not my cup of tea.
    Saying Bakuman isn't your cup of tea is not a defense that protects you from my points.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    Must be that im not accustomed to this kind of shonen.
    As OmegaSplash said, Bakuman is as shonen as it gets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    I didnt wanted to start any kind of arguing, i was just telling that not everybody here has bakuman on his/her top 5
    That's fine, but it also could've been easily accomplished without making stuff up like "most of the characters look the same just with different hair" or "the characters are annoying".

  12. #2032

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I'm going to answer to Geppetto's last question. The Kyoto arc starts this summer with the 2nd season of the anime.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  13. #2033

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    The Kyoto arc is great for the sole reason of having the HAWTTEST JUMP VILLAINESS EVAR.

  14. #2034

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    The Kyoto arc is great for the sole reason of having the HAWTEST JUMP VILLAINESS EVAR.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

  15. #2035
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

  16. #2036

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Meh. :P

  17. #2037
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Spoiler:

  18. #2038

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    http://www.mangareader.net/456-55606...apter-114.html

    So terribly monstruous everyone had to fight beyond their limits to finally defeat her. Rikuo almost died during this battle, if not for the memories of the host.

    PD: I want that mouse pad, Iceborg.
    Last edited by Nekketsu; July 2nd, 2011 at 09:12 AM.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  19. #2039

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/456-55606...apter-114.html

    So terribly monstruous everyone had to fight to beyond their limits to finally defeat her. Rikuo almost died during this battle, if not for the memories of the host Gitsune took over once.

    PD: I want that mouse pad, Iceborg.
    The Nami and Robin ones are far superior ;)

  20. #2040

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    The Nami and Robin ones are far superior ;)
    Already have them
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. Sakonosolo

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts