+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 844 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 601 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I do realize, im not saying all shonen must be action and adventure in outdoors

but it feels so non-shonen...

Why is that .

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    That was a joke dingit :P

Personaly, if a story is good it shouldn't matter whether or not it "could" get canceled at any moment seeing even series over 100 chapters can get canceled.
    I know I was joking too.

And of course it can have a good story but most manga that are canceled left plot points hanging and even if you really liked that series it will end with a bad taste in your month.

And its rare for manga that get canceled after the 100 chapter mark, the last one I remember is Psyren(I didn't really enjoy it anyway so no loss there)

It's kind of hard to choose a top 5 with current JUMP, theres so many quality titles up now that it's hard to choose a right list without being subjective. Especially since i haven't read every series yet.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    I know I was joking too.

And of course it can have a good story but most manga that are canceled left plot points hanging and even if you really liked that series it will end with a bad taste in your month.

And its rare for manga that get canceled after the 100 chapter mark, the last one I remember is Psyren(I didn't really enjoy it anyway so no loss there)
    There's also the infamous original Shaman King ending. :P

Shipmate

Many quality titles in current Jump? That's pushing it.

One day, maybe not today or maybe not tomorrow, but one day....I will read Bakuman, Sket Dance and Gintama.
    One day.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    There's also the infamous original Shaman King ending. :P
    I only started reading Shaman King after the new ending was made so no problems for me but I can see problems for the people who liked the series at the time.

Now lets wait for the same thing to happen to Bleach, that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Many quality titles in current Jump? That's pushing it.
    Ok yeah but i meant too many for a top 5. Sket dance, Gintama, Toriko, One Piece, Bakuman, Beelzebub and Hunter X Hunter.

These are all great series and i would really have trouble choosing for some to fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    You do realize that shonen manga is pretty much manga for young boys and doesn't necessarily need to be action packed.

WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    at first i "liked" it, it was useful for the people who were interested in knowing how its the process and best ways to get an idea, turn it into a manga, and get it published...

but i dont give a **** about the personal life of the characters, i dont like any of them (used to like eiji, and fukuda. now i only like hiramaru)
    While the big appeal of Bakuman is it's a manga about how people go about making manga, that's not the entire appeal.

You're dismising half of the series just because we, GASP, actually get to see how the mangaka function in the real world and, YOU BETTER SIT DOWN FOR THIS, grow as human beings as well as mangaka.

i also dont care if they get or dont get an anime, most of the characters annoy me to no end.
    You're going to have to clarify this. How are they annoying? I can understand being annoyed by Iwase or Aoki before Aoki stopped being a bitch, but a majority of the cast are not annoying.

Like at all.

most of the characters looks the same with different hair, and some of the girls looks like fish, and not in the cool way like OP
    This is a load of bullshit.

Are you seriously trying to tell me, for example, that Eiji, Fukuda, and Hiramaru look the same just with different hair?

Jesus.

for a shonen jump manga that teach us how to get a manga in shonen jump, its the least shonen stuff i`ve ever read... it never amuses me, mostly bores me, i never get the least bit excited of what will happen on the next chapter... and, except for very few hiramaru and yoshida moments, i never laugh at all X_X
    Shonen is an incredibly broad genre. Shonen is not all battle manga.

Shonen can be straight up gag series. Shonen can be sports manga like Slam Dunk and Eyeshield. Shonen can even be stuff like Death Note. Hell even ecchi series can be shonen.

It is no stretch of the imagination that a drama/slice of life like Bakuman is shonen. Bakuman is very very shonen.

As for never getting excited what happens next chapter, are we reading the same series? Like almost every chapter ends with a cliffhanger. Hell it's almost predictable how many chapters in Bakuman end with cliffhangers. Even the terrible arcs in Bakuman at least left you wondering what happened next. None of these ever enticed you to wonder what happened next? Really?

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

RPGJay, here's the answer to all of your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

I do realize, im not saying all shonen must be action and adventure in outdoors

but it feels so non-shonen...
    Ironically, Bakuman is easily the best manga at showing shonen traits. Some of the last pages of recent chapters have been near-personifications of the concept of shonen. It's probably just not your cup of tea though. Just wanted to note that honestly Bakuman is probably more "shonen" than One Piece or Toriko.

One Piece on top, Bleach on bottom.
    Everything in between.

Details are overrated.

i find iwase and nakai extremely annoying

and yeah, you`re right, it`s definitely not my cup of tea. i just read it for an exchange with a friend. She had to read OP for said exchange. Im glad she loves OP now, too bad she can`t even write a single word in english ):

---
    you`re trying to say im being a troll because i made a VDD in Homestuck style? not all Homestuck charas are trolls P:

It looks like Horikoshi (author of Oumagadoki Doubutsuen) and Matsui (author of Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro) will bring their new works on upcoming Jump Next.
    I can't wait what the author of Neuro has in store, hope its good.

and ughhhhh Skadi.

Just finished reading Nuramago latest chapter, and I must say it deserves to be on par with Toriko and Beelzebub. Marvelous story, great plot, likeable characters, cunning and devilish villains, countless folklore myths being adapted into the story, originality... I love it.

You guys should give it a try, if you still haven't.
    Last edited by Nekketsu; July 1st, 2011 at 06:34 AM.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

I started reading it but didn't find it that interesting, maybe because I find the humam characters more interesting than the youkai characters and the humans don't do anything except in some chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    I started reading it but didn't find it that interesting, maybe because I find the humam characters more interesting than the youkai characters and the humans don't do anything except in some chapters.
    Until which chapter? Anyway, give it another try and you should like it past the Kyoto arc.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information