+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 844 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 510 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Yeah, that figures. Throw in bishonen and girls go gaga. He should have remained PuppetMuppet. (meh, then again it just continues to foster Kubo's bad behavior...thanks for the positive reinforcement, dummies)

Meanwhile some bottom 5 stuff:

Issue 35 Bottom 6:
    Kuroko
    Gintama
    Kochikame
    Psyren
    Shonen Shikku
    Metallica

Issue 36/37:
    Lead CP: One Piece
    CP: Golden Future Cup, Otters 11 (spin-off for Bakuman, about 15 pages)
    It also include poster for heroines from Jump by Kawashita Mizuki (author of Ichigo 100%, Ane Dokii, etc.)

Yeah...humanoid otters speaking weird philosophies...that should be interesting. Bottom 5 is peculiar with Gintama's continued weird ways, Kuroko lower and Psyren...Psyren. Oh and the Kawashita poster...nothing stated but it's assumed it will be current magazine females.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Hahaha, you serious? Who's doing Otters? Obata?

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Hahaha, you serious? Who's doing Otters? Obata?
    Yeah, Ohba and Obata are doing an Otters one-shot in the Bon double-issue.

Otter 11, really? Heh, I would have expected Crow or one of Ashirogi's various stories to get a one-shot first. Should be fun.

That poster's the same concept as that one by Murata, just gender-flipped, huh? First one was neat, so I wouldn't mind checkign this one out.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I thought 36/37 Beelzebub had lead cover and center color.

Edit- Because if Issue 34 was Beelzebub 69, Issue 35 would be chapter 70 and the last page of chapter 70 says that it gets lead cover and center color next issue.
    Last edited by Sesshy; July 25th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Wheel of morality turn, turn, turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshy View Post
    I thought 36/37 Beelzebub had lead cover and center color.

Edit- Because if Issue 34 was Beelzebub 69, Issue 35 would be chapter 70 and the last page of chapter 70 says that it gets lead cover and center color next issue.
    Don't know why i made this mistake, if the current scaned chapter is number 70 then the next one has the the lead color. Chapter 70=issue 34 and chapter 71 with lead color = issue 35.

Ah, thanks, I was just confused by that and was wondering if I mixed the numbers up somewhere.
    Wheel of morality turn, turn, turn.

Shipmate

Otters 11, eh? Now that's something to look forward to!

About the color/cover page: the holidays always has a "whole magazine" cover and the color page usually involves one of the big guns of the magazine. Thus: we get a OP color page and full-magazine cover for Bon. (not sure about this week but I think it's the Beezle/Toriko double team for the OVAs/Festa)

It pains me, that Bleach exist.

There's bound to be a mangaka outhere, a man, a woman, a team, who gave it's best, and put a story into paper, filled it with love and creativity, a coherent plot, loveable and badass characters, evil and motivated antagonists, but it needed to get to chapter 50 to wrap up it's first arc and how youngsters these days say "Grow the Beard".. But this aberration, and the bright orange gay ninja exists, and those had to be "ended" because they weren't ranked high enough.

If One Piece Started today, It probably couldn't hold its own against the crap at the top!

And we can't do anything about it because we aren't part of the "demographics".

At least Beelzebub, Bakuman and Toriko are still strong. Once they reach the thresholds that they had, there's no more sudden death.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Unfortunately it's all essentially based on the world when they came in. Besides, the situations seemed different for all of them for the most part:

-OP essentially was a hit from the word go: it was regularly topping the ranks in it's first couple years or so even before all the hype and the anime and such came along with it. And while you could say that Jump just had too much of a vacuum in 1997 (considering DB and Slam Dunk were over and the only really notable hit was Kenshin though it had a few other great notables like JoJo, Nube and such), it just came in and took over.

-Naruto...strangely it's first few weeks didn't do so well but it didn't get notable and popular until Zabuza showed up and just kept it from the Chuunin Exams onwards. OP was well established at the time and for the most part there were all sorts of manga running (HxH and Shaman King were still relatively new of the most notables) in '99.

-Bleach was weird though from what I've seen: the first year it spent mostly in the lower half of the magazine getting by (that was around '01-'02), middled out and got stronger by the time SS started, then became part of this so-called "Big Three" when the anime started in '04. Honestly I still say Pierrot has a massive influence as to why it's still going: they were going to only do an anime up through the end of SS, then the Aizen twist happened and they decided to keep the anime going...and here we are now. I still say that if the anime had ended, it would have eventually sunk down and ended...but that's bias sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    Honestly I still say Pierrot has a massive influence as to why it's still going: they were going to only do an anime up through the end of SS, then the Aizen twist happened and they decided to keep the anime going...and here we are now. I still say that if the anime had ended, it would have eventually sunk down and ended...but that's bias sadly.
    You know, I wonder about that. Do you suppose Lucas pulled the Aizen twist in response to Pierrot's initial plan?

Quote Originally Posted by RBoar View Post
    You know, I wonder about that. Do you suppose Lucas pulled the Aizen twist in response to Pierrot's initial plan?
    According to Pierrot, none of them knew Kubo was going to pull that. They thought that they would have the story through SS, maybe some other arc that wouldn't get animated (or maybe done someday) and that's that. (not all Jump series really get long running anime for the most part) It's only when the Aizen crap happened the first time that they decided to keep it going...but they ate up so much material just to do through the end of SS that they started obsessing with long filler arcs...and thus why they don't care anymore about keeping it on the air by any means necessary.

It's "Otter #11" or "Rakko 11 Gou" but not "Otters 11" it's not a spinoff of Oceans 11...
    That's interesting they're doing that. Guess there's some demand for it, it's had one of the most face in the series (Bakuman). Usually the series themselves don't show up too much, that one has a bit somehow.

Neat on the "Otters 11" one shot. I honestly think they should do a single volume edition for each one of the ""storys"" from the manga bakuman.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Kikai Tonchi Banashi - Hanasaka IkkyŻ (Kawada YŻya) (golden future cup color page, thanks to heji-sama) :
    Spoiler:

Is a scanlation of it out there somewhere? anyone with the links?

TOC for the week:

#35 (08/02) :
    Sket Dance (Lead Color)
    Toriko (Cover)
    Naruto
    Nurarihyon no Mago
    One Piece
    Inumaru Dashi
    Medaka Box
    Shunkan⊗Heroism (One shot color)

Bleach (Color)

SWOT
    Hokenshitsu
    Beelzebub (Cover,
    Color)
    Oumagadoki Zoo
    Reborn
    Kuroko
    Gintama
    Kochikame
    Psyren
    Shonen Shikku
    Metallica
    Jaguar

Some have said this could be fake but honestly it probably isn't. The fact that Medaka is so high isn't too surprising (it does a lot of Psyren-ing) and Inumaru and Shinigami have support as well. Not to mention with so many of the "second tier" (and Bleach) out of it due to all the covers/colors, someone has to pick up the slack.

Shipmate

One Piece as third? Well, some kids don't know how to read a flashback.

SWOT in 8? Hell yeah.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information