+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 926

Thread: Official Manga/Anime Recomendation Thread

  1. #41

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aioria View Post
    Here are my recommendations, most are seinen titles:

    One Piece:
    10/10 - Pirates + action + adventure
    Berserk:
    10/10 - Medieval action + horror + adventure
    Monster:
    10/10 - Mystery + psychological drama
    Vinland Saga:
    9/10 - Vikings + action + adventure
    BECK: 9/10 - Musicians' life = drama
    Planetes:
    8/10 - Drama + Sci-fi (it's not sci-fi it's more like reality in 50 years)
    GTO:
    8/10 - Comedy + drama (better if also read the 2 prequels: Shounan Junai Gumi and Bad Company; and the sequel: Shounan 14 days)
    Gantz:
    8/10 - Action + horror + drama
    Hunter X Hunter: 8/10 - Adventure + action + drama.
    His and Her Circumstances: 8/10 - comedy + drama
    20th Century Boys: 7/10 - Mystery + drama
    Me and the Devil Blues
    : 7/10 - Blues + drama + the devil
    Wolf guy:
    7/10 - Horror + action + drama
    Team Medical Dragon
    : 7/10 - Medical + drama
    Liar Game:
    7/10- Wit + Psychological drama
    Full Metal Alchemist: 7/10 - Action + adventure + drama
    Your list is fantastic.
    I approve of this.
    Last edited by GaaraofTheDesert; July 5th, 2010 at 10:54 AM.

  2. #42
    Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    I didn't know they was an Oldboy manga. I might have to give that a try...

  3. #43

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    You can read it on The Spectrum.net but I always find that it goes incredibly slow for me. Why don't you want to use Mangafox?


  4. #44

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    I can only recommend Noblesse to everyone. Itīs a Korean web comic with about 5-7 pages per chapter in full color.

    You might get through it fast but it is highly entertaining despite itīs summary sounding like generic stuff. Love the humor in that work. Can be found on mangafox if youīre interested. Just give it a spin.
    "I am honest, I never lie, and only tell the truth. Now what do you consider a lie, and what do I consider the truth."

  5. #45
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Read the Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. Read it, read it, read it. It's just damn AMAZING. Give it a chance; you won't regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  6. #46
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    I recommend Sekirei. It starts out as typical harem bs but it ended up surprising me with how well-thought out it was and how interesting the characters are. Nothing stellar but pretty decent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Read the Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. Read it, read it, read it. It's just damn AMAZING. Give it a chance; you won't regret it.
    A shame I hear it's already ending:( (I was gonna pick it up after finishing 3x3 Eyes and Homunculus).

  7. #47
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    A shame I hear it's already ending:( (I was gonna pick it up after finishing 3x3 Eyes and Homunculus).
    I don't mind! It's accomplished what it set out to do, gave everyone the full exposure they deserved, and developed all the characters very well at a good pace.

    It's much darker and more interesting than it seems at first blush, wish there were more manga like it. You would enjoy it, I think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  8. #48
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Well it's definitely going to the top of my priority list after that great recommendation^^

    Further recommendations:
    Akumetsu
    Change 123
    Full Metal Panic (the manga is better in some parts while the anime is better in other parts imo ESPECIALLY FumoffuXD)

  9. #49
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    I read Change 123 - wish it updated more often, but when it's out, it's always nice. Pretty much any chapter with Fujiko makes my day.

    Gotta get started on Akumetsu, thanks for reminding me. :V
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  10. #50
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    I know I'm repeating myself here but I think this deserves special recommendation.

    Mahou Sensei Negima x100000000000000000000000000

    Incredible, incredible series. Godly. My second fave actually.

    First 15 chapters are bad. No doubt about it. But around chapter 16 it starts picking up giving a glimpse of its true potential. Then it gets a bit fuzzy again around chapter 25. However when the Kyoto arc comes around like chapter 40ish, it detonates, I repeat, DETONATES in quality to the point where your mind is crushed into a bunch of mushy goo. Now it's one of the best shonen around on par with HunterxHunter and One Piece.

    Story: Incredible. The arcs can get pretty complex yet Akamatsu never loses track of any of his story points and goes out of his way to draw simple diagrams to explain to the reader what's going on. The plot twists are so good just thinking about the complexity of an arc fills me with pleasure. Seriously, the school festival arc was filled with time travel headaches yet Akamatsu flawlessly tied everything together into a tapestry of awesome.

    Story-telling style: Akamatsu has a pretty happy-go-lucky style that plays around a lot with tropes. it's pretty fun, refreshing and gives you confidence that this author knows his shit.

    Comedy: Hillllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaarrrrioooouuus. Like I said, Akamatsu plays around with tropes a lot. It's a prevalent part of his story-telling style. S obviously he knows what hits the funny bone:P

    Characterisation: Godly. Nothing else to it. I can never decide who's characterization I like more, Akamatsu's or Oda's. Akamatsu flawlessly balances a 30+ main cast complete with oodles of side and minor characters!!! And it is possible that it'll grow to 40+!!! (Depoending if there's an arc after the current or not) Basically Akamatsu had a 2 page a class register and has almost completely given each and every member of that register equal development and spotlight. Especially awesome characters are Jack Rakan (man among men!), Evangeline Anathasia Katherine (Kitty) McDowell (Eva-sama <3<3<3), Nodoka Miyazaki (I love her so much), Negi Springfield (extremely unique shonen protagonist), Chisame Hagesawa (the only one who tries to keep a grip on reality), Ayase Yue, Sakurazaki Setsuna, Kagurazaka Asuna...oh fuck it, they are all awesome.

    Art: It's background porn. No other way to describe it. Incredibly beautiful and detailed. Great creative designs. Perspectives are sometimes a bit funky at rare occassions but every great artist has his flubs here and there.

    Fighting: Great fights with plenty of strategy and action with a visual display that's extremely impressive.

    Power Display: When a top class warrior is taken out by a far, far weaker character in an awesome fight and it doesn't screw with the power level, you know the author is doing something really right.

    Weaknesses: Ecchi. Quite a bit of it. But hey, NOTHING can be perfect. It's like a toll to compensate for the sheer awesomeness of this series. It's Karma.

    Final remarks: If you love shonen and haven't read this series, you are missing out on a lot!!! A must read!!!

  11. #51
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Spoiler:
    I know I'm repeating myself here but I think this deserves special recommendation.

    Mahou Sensei Negima x100000000000000000000000000

    Incredible, incredible series. Godly. My second fave actually.

    First 15 chapters are bad. No doubt about it. But around chapter 16 it starts picking up giving a glimpse of its true potential. Then it gets a bit fuzzy again around chapter 25. However when the Kyoto arc comes around like chapter 40ish, it detonates, I repeat, DETONATES in quality to the point where your mind is crushed into a bunch of mushy goo. Now it's one of the best shonen around on par with HunterxHunter and One Piece.

    Story: Incredible. The arcs can get pretty complex yet Akamatsu never loses track of any of his story points and goes out of his way to draw simple diagrams to explain to the reader what's going on. The plot twists are so good just thinking about the complexity of an arc fills me with pleasure. Seriously, the school festival arc was filled with time travel headaches yet Akamatsu flawlessly tied everything together into a tapestry of awesome.

    Story-telling style: Akamatsu has a pretty happy-go-lucky style that plays around a lot with tropes. it's pretty fun, refreshing and gives you confidence that this author knows his shit.

    Comedy: Hillllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaarrrrioooouuus. Like I said, Akamatsu plays around with tropes a lot. It's a prevalent part of his story-telling style. S obviously he knows what hits the funny bone:P

    Characterisation: Godly. Nothing else to it. I can never decide who's characterization I like more, Akamatsu's or Oda's. Akamatsu flawlessly balances a 30+ main cast complete with oodles of side and minor characters!!! And it is possible that it'll grow to 40+!!! (Depoending if there's an arc after the current or not) Basically Akamatsu had a 2 page a class register and has almost completely given each and every member of that register equal development and spotlight. Especially awesome characters are Jack Rakan (man among men!), Evangeline Anathasia Katherine (Kitty) McDowell (Eva-sama <3<3<3), Nodoka Miyazaki (I love her so much), Negi Springfield (extremely unique shonen protagonist), Chisame Hagesawa (the only one who tries to keep a grip on reality), Ayase Yue, Sakurazaki Setsuna, Kagurazaka Asuna...oh fuck it, they are all awesome.

    Art: It's background porn. No other way to describe it. Incredibly beautiful and detailed. Great creative designs. Perspectives are sometimes a bit funky at rare occassions but every great artist has his flubs here and there.

    Fighting: Great fights with plenty of strategy and action with a visual display that's extremely impressive.

    Power Display: When a top class warrior is taken out by a far, far weaker character in an awesome fight and it doesn't screw with the power level, you know the author is doing something really right.

    Weaknesses: Ecchi. Quite a bit of it. But hey, NOTHING can be perfect. It's like a toll to compensate for the sheer awesomeness of this series. It's Karma.

    Final remarks: If you love shonen and haven't read this series, you are missing out on a lot!!! A must read!!!
    *Saves this to show to people who will speak bad of Negima in the future.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    For those looking for Biscuit Hammer itīs also on Mangafox but under a wrong name (Wakusei no Samidare instead of Hoshi no Samidare) and i throw in my recommendation for that as well.

    And if you like Biscuit Hammer then try Psycho Staff from the same author. One could even say itīs the prototype for Biscuit Hammer.

    As for Negima i think Akamatsu wanted to write straight shounen this time but was pressured by his editors to include the ecchiness for the fans coming from Love Hina.
    Still Rakan vs. Negi is still by far my favourite fight. Also loved the interaction between Albiero and Eva during the tournament arc.
    "I am honest, I never lie, and only tell the truth. Now what do you consider a lie, and what do I consider the truth."

  13. #53
    I Have Returned Davy Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gorham, ME, USA

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Where is there a Elfen Lied thread?

  14. #54

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    I know I'm repeating myself here but I think this deserves special recommendation.

    Mahou Sensei Negima x100000000000000000000000000

    Incredible, incredible series. Godly. My second fave actually.

    First 15 chapters are bad. No doubt about it. But around chapter 16 it starts picking up giving a glimpse of its true potential. Then it gets a bit fuzzy again around chapter 25. However when the Kyoto arc comes around like chapter 40ish, it detonates, I repeat, DETONATES in quality to the point where your mind is crushed into a bunch of mushy goo. Now it's one of the best shonen around on par with HunterxHunter and One Piece.

    Story: Incredible. The arcs can get pretty complex yet Akamatsu never loses track of any of his story points and goes out of his way to draw simple diagrams to explain to the reader what's going on. The plot twists are so good just thinking about the complexity of an arc fills me with pleasure. Seriously, the school festival arc was filled with time travel headaches yet Akamatsu flawlessly tied everything together into a tapestry of awesome.

    Story-telling style: Akamatsu has a pretty happy-go-lucky style that plays around a lot with tropes. it's pretty fun, refreshing and gives you confidence that this author knows his shit.

    Comedy: Hillllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaarrrrioooouuus. Like I said, Akamatsu plays around with tropes a lot. It's a prevalent part of his story-telling style. S obviously he knows what hits the funny bone:P

    Characterisation: Godly. Nothing else to it. I can never decide who's characterization I like more, Akamatsu's or Oda's. Akamatsu flawlessly balances a 30+ main cast complete with oodles of side and minor characters!!! And it is possible that it'll grow to 40+!!! (Depoending if there's an arc after the current or not) Basically Akamatsu had a 2 page a class register and has almost completely given each and every member of that register equal development and spotlight. Especially awesome characters are Jack Rakan (man among men!), Evangeline Anathasia Katherine (Kitty) McDowell (Eva-sama <3<3<3), Nodoka Miyazaki (I love her so much), Negi Springfield (extremely unique shonen protagonist), Chisame Hagesawa (the only one who tries to keep a grip on reality), Ayase Yue, Sakurazaki Setsuna, Kagurazaka Asuna...oh fuck it, they are all awesome.

    Art: It's background porn. No other way to describe it. Incredibly beautiful and detailed. Great creative designs. Perspectives are sometimes a bit funky at rare occassions but every great artist has his flubs here and there.

    Fighting: Great fights with plenty of strategy and action with a visual display that's extremely impressive.

    Power Display: When a top class warrior is taken out by a far, far weaker character in an awesome fight and it doesn't screw with the power level, you know the author is doing something really right.

    Weaknesses: Ecchi. Quite a bit of it. But hey, NOTHING can be perfect. It's like a toll to compensate for the sheer awesomeness of this series. It's Karma.

    Final remarks: If you love shonen and haven't read this series, you are missing out on a lot!!! A must read!!!

  15. #55
    Dancing in September Animesoccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    One of my favorite manga ever is Saiyuki. It's about four men (1 human, 2 demons, and 1 halfbreed) traveling to India to solve the issue of the minus wave that caused almos all the demons to go phsyco. It's for aanyone who likes adventure and good character back stories.
    Kelly

  16. #56

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I read Change 123 - wish it updated more often, but when it's out, it's always nice. Pretty much any chapter with Fujiko makes my day.

    Gotta get started on Akumetsu, thanks for reminding me. :V
    Read it! I just finished it and it was AWESOME!!!

    Im probably going to check out Negima next. I got turned off by it a long time ago. But I am persuaded by Lion-sans wall of text. Unless some one says something else is extremely better than that by tomorrow. :P

  17. #57
    Discovered Stowaway Jacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    I recomend Naruto one of the best gag mangas i've ever read.
    Last edited by Jacko; July 28th, 2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: not really

  18. #58
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    I recomend Naruto one of the best gag mangas i've ever read.
    Bleach is the true gag manga of Jump.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    I know I'm repeating myself here but I think this deserves special recommendation.

    Mahou Sensei Negima x100000000000000000000000000

    Incredible, incredible series. Godly. My second fave actually.

    First 15 chapters are bad. No doubt about it. But around chapter 16 it starts picking up giving a glimpse of its true potential. Then it gets a bit fuzzy again around chapter 25. However when the Kyoto arc comes around like chapter 40ish, it detonates, I repeat, DETONATES in quality to the point where your mind is crushed into a bunch of mushy goo. Now it's one of the best shonen around on par with HunterxHunter and One Piece.

    Story: Incredible. The arcs can get pretty complex yet Akamatsu never loses track of any of his story points and goes out of his way to draw simple diagrams to explain to the reader what's going on. The plot twists are so good just thinking about the complexity of an arc fills me with pleasure. Seriously, the school festival arc was filled with time travel headaches yet Akamatsu flawlessly tied everything together into a tapestry of awesome.

    Story-telling style: Akamatsu has a pretty happy-go-lucky style that plays around a lot with tropes. it's pretty fun, refreshing and gives you confidence that this author knows his shit.

    Comedy: Hillllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaarrrrioooouuus. Like I said, Akamatsu plays around with tropes a lot. It's a prevalent part of his story-telling style. S obviously he knows what hits the funny bone:P

    Characterisation: Godly. Nothing else to it. I can never decide who's characterization I like more, Akamatsu's or Oda's. Akamatsu flawlessly balances a 30+ main cast complete with oodles of side and minor characters!!! And it is possible that it'll grow to 40+!!! (Depoending if there's an arc after the current or not) Basically Akamatsu had a 2 page a class register and has almost completely given each and every member of that register equal development and spotlight. Especially awesome characters are Jack Rakan (man among men!), Evangeline Anathasia Katherine (Kitty) McDowell (Eva-sama <3<3<3), Nodoka Miyazaki (I love her so much), Negi Springfield (extremely unique shonen protagonist), Chisame Hagesawa (the only one who tries to keep a grip on reality), Ayase Yue, Sakurazaki Setsuna, Kagurazaka Asuna...oh fuck it, they are all awesome.

    Art: It's background porn. No other way to describe it. Incredibly beautiful and detailed. Great creative designs. Perspectives are sometimes a bit funky at rare occassions but every great artist has his flubs here and there.

    Fighting: Great fights with plenty of strategy and action with a visual display that's extremely impressive.

    Power Display: When a top class warrior is taken out by a far, far weaker character in an awesome fight and it doesn't screw with the power level, you know the author is doing something really right.

    Weaknesses: Ecchi. Quite a bit of it. But hey, NOTHING can be perfect. It's like a toll to compensate for the sheer awesomeness of this series. It's Karma.

    Final remarks: If you love shonen and haven't read this series, you are missing out on a lot!!! A must read!!!
    This may seem dumb. But If I already watched the anime. Then what chapter should I start at then?

  20. #60
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Official Manga Recomendation Thread

    From chapter 1 of course and don't give up early.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts