+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 127 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Network

Talking Cartoon Network

Ok, not ACTUALLY much but this (Latin American)article says that it lost a huge chunk of audience to disney.

http://www.anmtvla.com/2009/08/cartoon-net...-crisis-de.html
    CN FACES POPULARITY CRISIS IN THE UNITED STATES!

For those that do not speak the universal language of hatred towards Cartoon Network:

Things havent been going all that well for CN these past six months.In July 2009 it showed a ratings loss of 23%,almost the same as 2008 while Disney gained popularity in a 24 in the same amount
    /period of time.

The Strategy of Integrating Live Action shows in their Programing was not well received by American fans of the Channel, which is why they now suffer the lost of an audience that has supported them throghout all these years.

NOTE: This is only 2/4 of the article.

Serves them right if its true. On another subject, what do you think of my translation?
    Last edited by aegisrawks; August 11th, 2009 at 12:45 AM.

Default Re: CN in hot water.

I'll probebly be happy if thiis was an American news and not Latin american one

I say this because CN is American compeny and unless America is just like Latin America, then itr would make me more happyier then before
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

What, you mean getting rid of all the good watchable shows 1 by 1 and replacing them with crap live action garbage and Squiddbillies ISN'T working? Gee, what a huge surprise.

Course, considering the woman in charge doesn't even like cartoons...

You're the f'in CARTOON NETWORK. Embrace it, its your greatest strength.. Play some Looney Tunes or Batman or Thundercats or Powerpuff Girls or something worth watching. Even extra cheesy Captain Planet at 5 AM would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    I'll probebly be happy if thiis was an American news and not Latin american one

I say this because CN is American compeny and unless America is just like Latin America, then itr would make me more happyier then before
    They ARE american news, Read Attently. Our CN has no live action shows, they send those to Boomerang.

EDIT:WHOOPS! I didnt put the title,sorry joe.

Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    They ARE american news, Read Attently. Our CN has no live action shows, they send those to Boomeran.
    mmmm sixteen oks
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    mmmm sixteen oks
    Im sorry. It turns out I didnt put the title. I hope these news make you happy. :)

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

CN needs to learn from what Disney did in the 1990s - actually make an effort to invest in a new cartoon and milk it for all its worth. They have notable alumni now who are more than willing to help out with fostering a new generation, which is more than what happened 10 years ago when those guys were getting started.

The LA was not the cancer, it was the killing blow. The cancer was the declining quality of cartoons and the general shift from "cool" action shows to kiddie or tween oriented programming.

Nobody can understand why Cartoon Network ever did this, I mean the only possible objective we can imagine is them wanting to capture the 9-12 boy demographic which neither Toon Disney, Disney Channel nor Nickelodeon is capturing with their tween/teen shows (those get the girls in that bracket - remember how that was the only demo 4Kids could get?) and why? Because those shows feature people in the "next stage" of their lives, so it's interesting to get a heads up.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I REALLY hope CN takes note before its too late. Granted, we all hate their guts, me being no exception. But this is their last change to salvage themselves and get back everything their fans loved about them, Toonami for one...

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Ha. Maybe they'll finally commission another series of Samurai Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    For serious?! How dumb can you get.

First of all: Hahahahahahahahahaha!
    Second: I don't what they're aiming at, but soon they will realise where they're heading for (that is, if they don't do something about it).

And some brief comments:

What, you mean getting rid of all the good watchable shows 1 by 1 and replacing them with crap live action garbage and Squiddbillies ISN'T working? Gee, what a huge surprise.

You're the f'in CARTOON NETWORK. Embrace it, its your greatest strength.. Play some Looney Tunes or Batman or Thundercats or Powerpuff Girls or something worth watching. Even extra cheesy Captain Planet at 5 AM would be nice.
    True! But you know it's hopeless, right? They're trying to head for "new" and are trying to forget the "old", which is their biggest mistake. I mean, why don't try to experiment a little? What makes them think that people want new? Maybe add a few old shows to their schedule and some new ones and see how people react to them. Actually, what am I saying? I'm not from America. Oh wait! THEY'RE TURNING THE EUROPEAN CHANNELS INTO CRAP AS WELL. Assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    Our CN has no live action shows, they send those to Boomerang.
    We have no live action shows at all right now, but we sure do have a lot of crap shows. Boomerang seems like heaven compared to CN. All the good ones are there, including Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Looney Tunes, The Mask and all the other real classics. It misses a few of my favourites, but you can't have everything. On Cartoon Network, I get to watch the shitty dub of Bakugan (which seems like a shitty anime, so maybe the dub is not at fault. The voice actors still suck as hell, though.), The Secret Saturdays (seriously, do they think we have enough action shows already?) and Flapjack (which is not funny at all). One thing I don't get is why do they broadcast old shows and not the new ones, that air on the real Cartoon Network? The reason why I don't like this, is because this way us europeans are staying out of date. The americans have seen pretty much everything that comes to the european channels as "new". That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    CN needs to learn from what Disney did in the 1990s - actually make an effort to invest in a new cartoon and milk it for all its worth. They have notable alumni now who are more than willing to help out with fostering a new generation, which is more than what happened 10 years ago when those guys were getting started.

The LA was not the cancer, it was the killing blow. The cancer was the declining quality of cartoons and the general shift from "cool" action shows to kiddie or tween oriented programming.

Nobody can understand why Cartoon Network ever did this, I mean the only possible objective we can imagine is them wanting to capture the 9-12 boy demographic which neither Toon Disney, Disney Channel nor Nickelodeon is capturing with their tween/teen shows (those get the girls in that bracket - remember how that was the only demo 4Kids could get?) and why? Because those shows feature people in the "next stage" of their lives, so it's interesting to get a heads up.
    You couldn't be anymore right, Malintex_Terek. Quality of shows has certainly decreased throughout the years. But focusing on only one age group is simply wrong. You just don't do that. And whatever the cause of it, in my opinion they're going downhill and all hopes of recovery seem lost.

Nice job, Cartoon Network!

CN's decline correlates exactly with their decision to put king of the hill on. What sucks for me is whenever I decide to go to bed that crap is on, so now I am forced to change the channel. Before it was usually robot chicken (awesome) or Family Guy. I would so rather watch a repeat of either of those than the completely unfunny king of the hill.

I'm not surprised at these news, concidering how much CN's programs sucks these days. It would be nice if they would do a new program similar to the What a Cartoon!-show that aired in the 90's. It contained many short cartoons made by different people, and most of them were interesting.

Their new music video commercial pretty much shows they realize they're Cartoon Network, but they don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew W. K.
    IMAGINE ALL THE THINGS WE COULD DO IF WE SHOWED MORE THAN JUST CARTOONS~! ♪♪♪
    Fuck you!

Brainrush ain't bad tho. All their other shows are ripoffs. The Othersiders ripping off of Ghost Hunters is just so goddamn bad... never have I seen something so blatant... They even air it on the same night and time as Ghost Hunters.

Guess which one I'm watching, CN.

You know, this ties in the exact reason why CN has been declining over the last few years. Yes, the woman in charge and the many current executive decisions being made are ruining it, but there's an underlying reason behind that. The real CN is suffering is because of...

Boston.

Yes, Boston the city. And here's why.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_bomb_scare

It was all because of this stupid bomb scare. In case you didn't care to read it, it all started when a couple of guys were hired to put up some promotional signs for Aqua Teen Hunger Force around Boston, and then a few weeks later some dickweed who, I can only assume, is so sheltered that he jumps at the sight of anything the slightest bit out of the ordinary in his quiet, contained little world, saw one of the signs notified the police, thinking it may have been a bomb. Oh, and I bet you can guess what happened after that.

They practically shut down the whole f*cking city is what f*cking happened! The only people more irrational and trigger-happy than the dickweed that notified them in the first place is the BPD themselves. So yep, they pull out all the stops, let the flood gates open all for these glowing little lights. Forget everything else! Forget the reckless drivers, and the rapists and the muggers, and we've got some Mooninites to defuse!

Sure enough, news spreads, the blame climbs up the ladder and who should be the scapegoat but CN? And because of these, uh, supposed explosive Atari figures, the CEO of Cartoon Network steps down. And so now we're stuck with Agnus McFuckup. All because the BPD can't tell the difference between an advertisement (a f*cking Lite Brite!) and a bomb.

Oh, and you know what the real kicker is? Signs just like these were also posted in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco and Philadelphia. And Boston was the only one to do anything!

I think there's something very poetic about the fact that the alleged "bombs" were giving them the finger.

(BTW, I'm half-joking about all this. Still, given the fact that the old CEO stepped down because of this, I can't help but feel it may be part of the reason for CN's decline in quality)

Crap, I didn't know the CEO stepped down cause of that. But still, wasn't CN already starting to head to this point back then? I mean, they were showing Live Action films and I think Out of Jimmy's Head was around, or about to be.

EDIT: Holy shit, the guys who put them up had to do 80 hours of community service and apologize?! They already didn't deserve the night in jail, but that too? That is total bullshit! First off, they were hired, any such charges should have went to the company, and second, they couldn't even prove their case against them! Wow, I would have been so pissed if I was those guys. I still get a kick out of their press conference after their release.
    Last edited by Buuhan1; August 11th, 2009 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Crap, I didn't know the CEO stepped down cause of that. But still, wasn't CN already starting to head to this point back then? I mean, they were showing Live Action films and I think Out of Jimmy's Head was around, or about to be.
    True yes, I think they were already planning some live action stuff before that, but it certainly didn't help the situation. Also, I apologize, but I'm not sure if CEO was the right term for me to use. I believe he was called the general manager, but he was still the head of CN. Here's a link

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/09/news...rtoon_network/

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

On behalf of my city (Boston), I sincerely apologize for that massive, ridiculous fuckup. Absolutely everyone I knew thought that was absolutely retarded, and it's really stupid that those two guys ended up getting prosecuted for it.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Okay, now we need one more apology and 80 hours of unpaid labor.

Here's what they should do.Plan A:Put on a bunch of good cartoons from the 90s and see how much there ratings go up then put all of those shows back on and maybe make some new episodes of them.Or plan B:Keep all of these piece o' shit cartoons on and rot in hell by 2010.

Whats better Plan A or Plan B?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information