+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Network

Member of the GrandZoans Shaman monk's Avatar

Default Re: CN in hot water.

billy and mandy was one of cartoon networks darkest show i must say and it was one of their good ones. we can't say cartoon network is effected so much by parents because it's obvious somebody fought hard to keep billy and mandy on the air. for a while it held its ground, until it vanished into thin air one day.which i am still confused about.
    WITH IN ALL OF US IS SOME KIND OF ANIMAL AND IT IS UP TO US IF WE CHOOSE TO RELEASE IT - WORDS FROM A LAZY WHALE

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post
    If they could, what they used to.

But they can't. It's all just wishful thinking here.

The reason we lost a lot of our good anime and some of the other shows were complaints CN were getting from parents, so to appease them they shut a lot of things down. At the time I heard about this the things highlighted were Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo.
    If they wanted to crack down on anything that Toonami aired in it's lifespan should've been Hamtaro.

Member of the GrandZoans Shaman monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If they wanted to crack down on anything that Toonami aired in it's lifespan should've been Hamtaro.
    no matter how people hate hamtaro that show was cute as hell. even though at a point it gotten to cute
    WITH IN ALL OF US IS SOME KIND OF ANIMAL AND IT IS UP TO US IF WE CHOOSE TO RELEASE IT - WORDS FROM A LAZY WHALE

.. Hamtaro was on Toonami? Huh, I thought it just came on at random.

No Hamtaro is the kind of thing the bitching soccer moms wanted their children to see.

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    it's weird, i actually watched it that day and never watch CN anymore
    Teen Titans airs on Boomerang right before Samurai Jack. So there's that option as well.

I hope this will give incentive to pick up the show again, since it left some loose ends.
    Possible though I think that they would view it as admitting a corporate mistake on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Even before Burton's very serious reboot, fanboys were already rebelling against the campy '60's show (which was amusing in its own right) through dictations on how the comics should go.
    Generally speaking, the most vocal fans tend to be in the minority while the majority tend to just go with the flow. Always keep that in mind.

Anyway, there's a lot of nostalgia for the campier DC works in general or else they wouldn't be cranking out Showcases of everything from The War That Time Forgot (Dinosaur D-DAY!) to The Haunted Tank. Cartoon Network deserves some of the credit for that as they helped foster an enduring love of The Superfriends in an entire generation with things like "Solomon Grundy want pants!" Of course, Batman:TAS wasn't all that dark either but occasionally ventured into the camp arena itself when necessary.

Batman has been firmly entrenched in grimdark territory for a while now anyway and characters like that never manage to sustain popularity for very long. After a while, they either have to resort to cheap tricks for shock value or lighten the character up.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Teen Titans, and Samurai Jack?! Geez, what, is Boomerang just regular Cartoon Network, now?!

Ah, well. I'm a hopeless optimist, so I'm hoping they see this idea to compete with Nick and Disney was an utter failure, and get their shit in gear...! And maybe get a new person in charge of the Cartoon Network that doesn't fucking hate cartoons! Fucking imbeciles!

And on the subject of videos from CN's heyday, I'd like to point out that, back then, they even introduced me to some cool bands I otherwise would never have heard of!

[YOUTUBE]RQNJjvaaMEk[/YOUTUBE]

Soul Coughing, anyone?

Oh god... Bittersweet memories...

[YOUTUBE]XT1wXm-rqLo[/YOUTUBE]

^ Heard that shit so many times I almost knew all the lyrics by heart way back then...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    CN knows they are Cartoon Network, but they don't care. Hell, their new music video makes it pretty clear. You all need to watch this:
    [youtube]Fwlb2gGEk54[/youtube]
    The message is pretty much "We don't care if the older generation doesn't want this. Got it through your head?"
    Wow. that really IS like a three minute long "FU". "Just because CARTOON is in our name doesn't mean we like Cartoons, dumbasses!" seems to be the gist. Blech. The best part is, apparently even the people who worked on it thought it was stupid, and they inserted the word "FAIL" into there for a few frames around the 1:12 mark. Just a couple frames but sends the message loud and clear I think.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    this still cracks me up too
    [youtube]t8iDFG6d734[/youtube]
    Ooh damn. I remembered the PPG/Superfirends vid, but I'd forgotten that amazing punchline. "Someday we'll be as developed as you!" followed by an embarassed Wonder Woman covering up.

Wow, thats still hilarious. From back when they were witty and had class.
    Last edited by Robby; August 12th, 2009 at 06:42 AM.

Ohhhhh I actually saw that PPG one. That was hilarious XD

... And I think I vaugely remember the rapping one Shmeckie posted. I didn't pay attention to the CN videos I guess o.o;; When I think of music videos at random I think of Nick/The N and sometimes Disney.

. tumblr
    . mfc .

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    It would be expensive to license, dub, and would probably fail anyway. On top of that, since CN is so obsessive about control and success, the last thing they would want are the creeps in Toei Animation doing the same thing only to them once they bring it over

I REALLY REALLY dont give two shits about that show but you should know that THERE IS an english dub, Made by CN and Ocean. Maybe it has more to do with it sucking ass

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Angry Re: CN in hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post

[youtube]XT1wXm-rqLo[/youtube]

^ Heard that shit so many times I almost knew all the lyrics by heart way back then...
    Oh man, you just got that stuck in my head all over again. This thread is great for the sheer about of flashbacks i'm having from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    CN knows they are Cartoon Network, but they don't care. Hell, their new music video makes it pretty clear. You all need to watch this:
    [youtube]Fwlb2gGEk54[/youtube]
    The message is pretty much "We don't care if the older generation doesn't want this. Got it through your head?"
    Wow...That was a huge pile of shit. I can't even begin to describe what a epic failure that forced feed garbage is. Ubig is totally right though, most people will just accept that crap and that means we just have to accept it...Adult Swim save us...

... How did the current president who HATES cartoon get to be the president? That makes no fucking sense @_@

. tumblr
    . mfc .

... How did the current president who HATES cartoon get to be the president? That makes no fucking sense @_@
    Buisness types and creative types are very rarely found in the same person. Artists have trouble dealing with paperwork and ratings and such, while network presidents have a hard time seeing more than numbers and fail to understand much else.

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Im sure everyone remembered this little episode....I miss this one
    [YOUTUBE]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qcBUmoUgGr4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qcBUmoUgGr4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Quote Originally Posted by SantoryuMaster97 View Post
    Im sure everyone remembered this little episode....I miss this one
    [YOUTUBE]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qcBUmoUgGr4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qcBUmoUgGr4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Exactly what I was thinking. Greatest crossover ever.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Wow, I wish I could watch YouTube vids from work, but I'm already feeling HIGH nostalgia from just hearing descriptions. I need to come back here when I'm home and cry a little inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

I used to watch Scooby Doo, Johnny Bravo, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy all the time. I probably wouldn't watch them though even if they were on again except for the occasional nostalgia episode.

Part Time Lurker OrangeNinjasSucks's Avatar

The reason we lost a lot of our good anime and some of the other shows were complaints CN were getting from parents, so to appease them they shut a lot of things down. At the time I heard about this the things highlighted were Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo.
    C'mon I hate these freakin' soccer moms. I can clearly remember the good clever edits Pioneer got away with with the bikinis on the girls during the bath time scenes and the "Sake" being "Bad Tea". All of these edits obviously put 4kids to shame today. I don't see why soccer moms disapprove of a japanese harem but approve american actions shows that go over the top with violence.... Doesn't make sense...

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

American audiences have a thing with sex and their children. They don't care if their children see grotesque violence, some dont even care if their child is exposed to and repeats a lot of harsh language, but the majority of Americans are still beyond prude when it comes to sex and sexual innuendos, which nudity is lumped in there and so does alcohol on occasion (though more are starting to put that in there too).

. tumblr
    . mfc .

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

The world is never based on common sense. Im gonna curse in my life, im gonna drink one day, im gonna....do stuff later in my life.

Shit i think cursing shouldnt even be a problem anymore. Where i live ive seen 5 year old kids shouting ass, bitch and F***. Who cares.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Part Time Lurker OrangeNinjasSucks's Avatar

American audiences have a thing with sex and their children. They don't care if their children see grotesque violence, some dont even care if their child is exposed to and repeats a lot of harsh language, but the majority of Americans are still beyond prude when it comes to sex and sexual innuendos, which nudity is lumped in there and so does alcohol on occasion (though more are starting to put that in there too).
    Little Timmy's mom would rather have her child watch naruto, Tom and Jerry Violent scenes and Chuck Norris films than watch a harmless (IMO) Japanese harem that's already been edited for national Television viewing? I know that the show has hidden undertones but alot other shows and movies do as well! C'mon Oddparents, Spongebob and some others shows do this as well!

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0344-9293-6833

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information