+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon Network

Default Re: CN in hot water.

As just weird and dumb as it was, putting on Ed, Edd, and Eddy regularly would make a lot of people VERY happy. As crazy as it was, we loved it.

I wonder what happened in regards to licensing with PPG, they don't show that ALL anymore and that had a super huge following as well.

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

im suprised they didnt liscense that gaybo PPG anime and bring it over, considering they use the retarded version of dexter in the CN online game thing

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

That is surprising with all their anime knockoffs (wait, PPG was one in the first place XD), but that japanese PPG was ALL sorts of crazy weird, not as good as the original.

It probably wouldn't help their ratings right now either, as they already do enough shipping for tween girls.

I can't tell if its pedo fanservices or a big fuck you to those with epilepsy:

[YOUTUBE]dyDAjcgfUXc[/YOUTUBE]

. tumblr
    . mfc .

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post
    As just weird and dumb as it was, putting on Ed, Edd, and Eddy regularly would make a lot of people VERY happy. As crazy as it was, we loved it.

I wonder what happened in regards to licensing with PPG, they don't show that ALL anymore and that had a super huge following as well.
    They kicked it to the curb and in moved in with Boomerang.

last time i saw boomerang, they were playing nothing but hanna-barbera shows from the 60s

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    KOTH is a good show and if you dont like it then you are dumb
    This. Though I guess someone that likes Family Guy wouldn't get KOTH.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Far as the ratings go, there's a few signs that Cartoon Network executives are paying attention; they're scaling back the live action for one thing. For another, have you noticed the return of Teen Titans to the regular rotation?

There's a reason for that; namely, a recent Teen Titans marathon managed to double the ratings for that particular day and put Cartoon Network in second place. Not bad for a show that ended production three years ago and was all but buried by Cartoon Network for much of the time since then.

At the same time, it's not all that surprising either seeing as how Teen Titans was the highest rated show on the network when they cancelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I'm really surprised that is popular, why didn't the fanboy farm arm itself with torches and pitchforks when everyone found out how camp it was?
    Camp, when done properly, can be exceedingly entertaining and Batman: The Brave and the Bold pulls it off wonderfully. Combine that with the massive knowledge of DC history BatB throws out on a regular basis as well as the fact that it's just as capable of pulling off serious moments as it is camp and it's no wonder that the fans like it. Hell, what real DC fan can hate a show that has Booster Gold star in an episode and also manages to make Aquaman awesome without resorting to making him a Namor clone?
    Complicating things since 2009.

There's a reason for that; namely, a recent Teen Titans marathon managed to double the ratings for that particular day and put Cartoon Network in second place. Not bad for a show that ended production three years ago and was all but buried by Cartoon Network for much of the time since then.

At the same time, it's not all that surprising either seeing as how Teen Titans was the highest rated show on the network when they cancelled it.
    it's weird, i actually watched it that day and never watch CN anymore

I hope this will give incentive to pick up the show again, since it left some loose ends.

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

im suprised they didnt liscense that gaybo PPG anime and bring it over, considering they use the retarded version of dexter in the CN online game thing
    It would be expensive to license, dub, and would probably fail anyway. On top of that, since CN is so obsessive about control and success, the last thing they would want are the creeps in Toei Animation doing the same thing only to them once they bring it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Camp, when done properly, can be exceedingly entertaining and Batman: The Brave and the Bold pulls it off wonderfully. Combine that with the massive knowledge of DC history BatB throws out on a regular basis as well as the fact that it's just as capable of pulling off serious moments as it is camp and it's no wonder that the fans like it. Hell, what real DC fan can hate a show that has Booster Gold star in an episode and also manages to make Aquaman awesome without resorting to making him a Namor clone?
    Well, Batman's community draws parallels with the nerd herd that can't suck off enough Alan Moore. Even before Burton's very serious reboot, fanboys were already rebelling against the campy '60's show (which was amusing in its own right) through dictations on how the comics should go. Which is interesting considering the original, original comic was nothing like the gothic or the camp directions later media took.

It just strikes me as odd that, given there are so many fanboys and they've been in power for thirty years, a show like that wouldn't provoke any ire.

I mean, I was legitimately entertained by the episodes I saw without catching references, but I'm a casual fan. You could call me a very, very, very lightweight fanboy at worst, so I'm hardly representative of the kind of folk I've been lead to believe rule the BM community right now.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

King of the Klondike "LC"_Lapen's Avatar

I wholeheartedly agree that Cartoon Network has gone down the shitter, and it appears that nothing can bring it back at this point. I can also safely say that growing up in the 90's was the best time for cartoons, and it's not the nostalga goggles talking I know, because I can watch an episode of Ed, Edd, and Eddy for the 5 th time and still get genuine enjoyment out of it, while most of the stuff nowadays is stale after only 1 viewing.

Some of my fondest memories of Cartoon Network in its prime?

-Megas XLR , Samurai Jack, Flapjack, Billy and Mandy, Time Squad, Courage, Justice League, and Fosters are the last recent shows that made the network great (not counting [adult swim]'s Venture Bros, Superjail, and Harvey Birdman)

-The fuckwin Music Videos, too many to post, but the ones that come immediately to mind

Spoiler:
    One of my favorite bands writes a song about one of my favorite cartoons? FFFFFDies.

[youtube]AbKby_0kHKg[/youtube]

[youtube]XHBvRsYVltw[/youtube]

Fuckwin crossover bumpers

Spoiler:
    [youtube]pIqZOdDy68Y[/youtube]

[youtube]gOeo_zHTWB4[/youtube]

[youtube]-UyWkHQ4KwE[/youtube]

-The Toonami block hosted by Moltar and then by Tom. Then the Midnight Run where they showed the Interstella 5555 music video for Daft Punk.

-Da Na na Na na na, Da na na na WHAT
    Da Na na Na na na, Da na na na A
    Da Na na Na na na, Da na na na C C C CARTOON

If Cartoon Network could ever duplicate the success it had then and realize the crap they're greenlighting now, then perhaps pigs could fly or hell could freeze over. But I can hope.

Also Adventure Time in 2010. Algebraic!

Member of the GrandZoans Shaman monk's Avatar

yo the cross over bumps was so cool. i always thought that it was a teaser for a new show where all the cartoon network characters are all in this one world together.
    WITH IN ALL OF US IS SOME KIND OF ANIMAL AND IT IS UP TO US IF WE CHOOSE TO RELEASE IT - WORDS FROM A LAZY WHALE

Cartoon Network was ALWAYS bad about showing endless repeats, even in the 90s.

It's the lack of good content and the overabundance of just pure crap through and through now that is the problem.

Yeah CN has always repeated things horribly, but even while they did that there were some huge success.

I agree, those of us able to grow up in the 90s probably got the last shot of good cartoonage we may never see again unless someone comes up with a breakthrough.

Just putting normal not shitty anime wannabe weabo Toonami back on CN would get them so many brownie points it would be insane @_@

Oh yeah I totally forgot about all the complaints about them too.

This is why networks should never take complaints to heart, it causes this shit fest.

. tumblr
    . mfc .

who can forget the songs they used to play after shows too?

[youtube]Vn1pf0Xi3nU[/youtube]

this still cracks me up too
    [youtube]t8iDFG6d734[/youtube]

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

I totally don't remember CN ever having music videos... When was this?

. tumblr
    . mfc .

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post

Just putting normal not shitty anime wannabe weabo Toonami back on CN would get them so many brownie points it would be insane @_@
    If they do what the hell they're going to put on it?

I've seen several people mention Ed, Edd n' Eddy needing to be on. Last time I checked, it is on weekdays now.

Also, I really want Boomerang. But I contacted Comcast and they state "We have no plans for the channel at this time." which saddened me, I had high hopes I'd get it considering that's how I got Cartoon Network HD... Which isn't even an HD channel but just their SD channel set to pan-o-vision. Still, I never watch the SD station anymore. It may look like a mirror in a funhouse when animation scrolls along, but dammit there's hardly no pixeling and the sound is clearer. If they only set it to 16:9 instead it'd be perfect.

All in all, I hardly ever watch CN outside AS anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If they do what the hell they're going to put on it?

If they could, what they used to.

But they can't. It's all just wishful thinking here.

The reason we lost a lot of our good anime and some of the other shows were complaints CN were getting from parents, so to appease them they shut a lot of things down. At the time I heard about this the things highlighted were Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo.

CN has always been like that, if enough people complain they will act because they could never cover their ass if they got sewed or boycotted by parents.

This is probably why Adult Swim was created to host some of those shows with disclaimers all over the place to keep parents from freakin out as much.

. tumblr
    . mfc .

King of the Klondike "LC"_Lapen's Avatar

this still cracks me up too
    OK, I swear this is my last video, but you've just reminded me of one of my favorites as well:

[youtube]lfvR4hl-Gzw[/youtube]

There, I'm done. Oh, and, ... uh, poo poo Cartoon Network and all that.

because they could never cover their ass if they got sewed or boycotted by parents.
    maybe they could get the parents to sewed them some pants to cover their ass

I totally don't remember CN ever having music videos... When was this?
    about 5-6 years ago

i really like the I'm a Supergirl PPG vid but gaytube has disabled audio

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information