+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening 13 Discussion Thread

Default Re: The New Opening Song!

Well, as long as they're not heavy-handed with it and don't go beyond the ''something bad is going to happen'' stage, we should be good.

But to be honest, I don't care if the thing's loaded with spoilers since I already know everything that's going to happen. Well, unless they are of the anvilious bend.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Everyone in Japan probably read everything in the manga anyway.

All this previous information about the new opening sounds like Toei's trying to give a big "now shut the fuck up" to the fanbase..

See.

SEE you monkeys!

This is what happens when fans get pissed and let them know we want something serious for a serious arc!

I promise this wouldn't have been the case if there wasn't as strong a reaction to the last opening as there was.

"Guys stop complaining! You're not going to change anything! I love this song and loli and AKB48 and Nevada-tan!"

Suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I promise this wouldn't have been the case if there wasn't as strong a reaction to the last opening as there was.
    How can you claim something like that when an opening like Brand New World was ditched in record time without any strong fan reaction as reason behind it but solely on Toei's very own accord?

It's gotta beat Share the World, which in my opinion was everything a One Piece opening should be.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    Hopefully none of the big spoilers like blackbeards crew
    Why hopefully? And it's doubtful that they won't show BB. I mean... the scenes shown in the current opening won't have even occurred while the current opening is still being played. As far as the almost obligatory "glimpse of something quite spoilerish near the end of the opening," I think BB would be perfect, timing-wise and context-wise. Agreed that they shouldn't show the deaths though.

How can you claim something like that when an opening like Brand New World was ditched in record time without any strong fan reaction as reason behind it but solely on Toei's very own accord?
    Besides the point but no one cares about or even remembers that opening here. It had no reaction that I can even think of whereas the fallout here was actual 'news' and I don't think it's a coincidence that after ending the agreed upon use of a song by members of one of Japan's most popular variety programs which was bubblegum inspired, despite an arc being about hell, they've gone to a band that screams 'generic boys playing instruments and singing about difficulty in life' band for what looks to be an *gasp* appropriate opening as opposed to one that's bound to sell CDs to every otaku that jacks off to Yaguchi every night before bed.

Lest we forget BNW was 'ditched' because of the chaotic period the animation was in at the time. You'll notice it's no coincidence that's right when the slot change transpired. Someone must have been royally fucked over by that move and I'm sure contracts were all messed up.

Besides the point but no one cares about or even remembers that opening here. It had no reaction that I can even think of whereas the fallout here was actual 'news' and I don't think it's a coincidence that after ending the agreed upon use of a song by members of one of Japan's most popular variety programs which was bubblegum inspired, despite an arc being about hell, they've gone to a band that screams 'generic boys playing instruments and singing about difficulty in life' band for what looks to be an *gasp* appropriate opening as opposed to one that's bound to sell CDs to every otaku that jacks off to Yaguchi every night before bed.
    This is an argument I've never understood. Believe was perhaps THE most happy go lucky opening One Piece ever had, yet I never saw anybody complain that it ruined the mood of the tragedy that a civil war was in the making.

Lest we forget BNW was 'ditched' because of the chaotic period the animation was in at the time. You'll notice it's no coincidence that's right when the slot change transpired. Someone must have been royally fucked over by that move and I'm sure contracts were all messed up.
    Well that sounds like good explenation for why BNW was ditched. Still, the anime doesn't strike as having really improved since then. With some very pleasant exceptions here and then what the anime seems to be lacking nowadays

Hidden:
    So it wouldn't surprise me at all if the opening got changed for no other reason but Toei being Toei.
    Last edited by Ivotas; July 4th, 2010 at 08:45 AM.

If it wont be good. Itts gonna be the biggest trolling in the anime manga history !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
    Believe is still one of my favorite openings, so you're not alone!
    Alright, a fellow believer...!

Sounds like they're taking a lot of consideration into the lyrics now. This already beats "Crazy Crazy Rainbow StaAaarrr~~" in my book.
    - Credit to: LilithSchlangenauge on DA -

My favorite opening is Map of the Heart . I like that they're going to have lyrics actually related to what's going on, though stuff like that always ends up sounding cheesy. Can't wait for it, any guess on when it should be out?

Edit: July 18th, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairouseki View Post
    I like that they're going to have lyrics actually related to what's going on, though stuff like that always ends up sounding cheesy.
    Well it's not like any of us will know what they're saying anyways (with the exception of some). Even if they insert random english words into the song (which almost all japanese songs do actually...), it's all good as long as they don't yell out crazy rainbow star into the heavens again.

It's just nice to know that they're putting effort into it.
    - Credit to: LilithSchlangenauge on DA -

Speak for yourself.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; July 4th, 2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Not that I actually know Japanese or anything, though.

Believe was perhaps THE most happy go lucky opening One Piece ever had, yet I never saw anybody complain that it ruined the mood of the tragedy that a civil war was in the making.
    Believe is song ripped from a dance craze that involves women in as little clothing as possible and crazy sex. The only thing happy-go-lucky about it is my cock.

Still, the anime doesn't strike as having really improved since then.
    The animation stopped improving after the end of Arabasta. Every once in a blue moon there's an episode with decent direction or style but the overwhelming majority of it is garbage.

Fans should be outraged that Toei is probably making the show for pittance and raking in a fucking fortune. This has bothered me for 4 years now but, as opposed to the opening, there's literally nothing that can be done about it.

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

oh my god Greg..you're killing me, I'm dying over here laughing about the cock comment xDDD

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    oh my god Greg..you're killing me, I'm dying over here laughing about the cock comment xDDD
    I second that. That comment gave me a good laugh!
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

Believe is song ripped from a dance craze that involves women in as little clothing as possible and crazy sex. The only thing happy-go-lucky about it is my cock.
    Sigged.

I'm really excited for this new opening. It seems like it's going to match the mood of the arc perfectly, unlike the abomination that was OP12.

Hyped!

Believe is song ripped from a dance craze that involves women in as little clothing as possible and crazy sex.
    Which has no influence on how people - who are not familiar with that background info - perceive the opening itself which I dare to assume is the vast majority here. In which case the point stands.
    Last edited by Ivotas; July 5th, 2010 at 12:12 AM.

im hoping that the new opening will be great..

One does not die when one has been shot and killed or dies by a disease..One Dies when one is forgotten..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information