+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evolution & races in ONE PIECE.

I was re-reading Arlong Park arc and something striked me!! The last time I had checked that arc was back like... 2006? I wasn't really into ONE PIECE so I didn't buy the Graphic Novels, I just read it on SJ but now that I have read all the material something interesting came to my mind.

When reading Arlong Park arc IIRC Arlong said something along the lines of fishmen being evolved forms of humans, now that was just his theory and Nami said something like "I´m sick of your stupid theories!" but in a SBS Oda answered that Fishmen are actually mammals... So either fishmen are evolved fish that evolved into human or the other way around, it still intriged me.

Now, I haven't really seen Movie 10 but from what I have read so far it involves animals evolving in some way?? Do you think Oda might show us more interesting evolutions in the manga?

Also does anyone know what race Magellan is?? Since Oda has lots of wacky character designs it seems like humans in ONE PIECE are evolving into animals, instead of the other way around..

In example. the dude that fought Sanji in the Sea-Train looked like a Snail, Usopp and Kaku might have been failed attempts of men-evolving into a fishman saw fish (Because of the nose) and so on LOL.

I know this isn´t a theory but knowing Oda he might play with this a little bit, who knows maybe Dr. Vegapunk or Merman Island will explain more about this...

I know my post isn´t too well constructed, I am kinda lazy and just wanted to post my thaughts that evolution might play a strong part later in ONE PIECE.
    Last edited by freedom; May 19th, 2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: double-post

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Default Re: Evolution & races in ONE PIECE.

I would think Fishmen are some form of evolved primate that adapted to water.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

magelan doesn`t seem to be a own race..
    the wings on his back is just the sign for him being a chief warden.
    also his horns could be taken away..so in the end he`s just a huge human(maybe half giant).
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    also his horns could be taken away..so in the end he`s just a huge human(maybe half giant).
    What about his mouth?

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

I'm sure that the humans in One Piece evolved from apes that walked erect.

Could be very wrong on this, however.

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    I believe they are fish that evolved to walk on land.
    Quote Originally Posted by SGRaaize View Post
    What about his mouth?
    Filing. Lots and lots of filing.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post

You are right. The last cover does not have Magellan or Hann with thier wings. That, and when Bon posed as him, the wings were revealed to be part of the chief uniform.

Maybe some1 with Genetic Engeneerings skill-DF created fishmen
    My sale page Click My Figure Collection Click

Exclamation Re: Evolution & races in ONE PIECE.

well the guys from the sky island arc had wings in their back tha were not atached to the clothing also the indians from jaya had wings also ...
    but the think is that they werent in use they justhad the... so it is like theyhad the ability to fly but they lost it in time...
    Its D.ecided " I will get one piece!"

Actually... I'm Santa. Zequinox's Avatar

As Aka said, Magellan's wings are probably very similar to the Shandians' and the Skypeians'. Perhaps he and Hannyabal are from a special type of "night sky island," or maybe even there are similar spheres of life (i.e. Sky Islands, Sea Floor) for underground peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequinox View Post
    As Aka said, Magellan's wings are probably very similar to the Shandians' and the Skypeians'. Perhaps he and Hannyabal are from a special type of "night sky island," or maybe even there are similar spheres of life (i.e. Sky Islands, Sea Floor) for underground peoples.
    This would work.

If Magellan's wings were part of his body.

From Steel Balls... Muda Muda no Mi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    It's either this idea or the fish being able to walk on land, like CDF pointed out. But, it makes you wonder how (if going with CDF's theory) EACH specific aquatic species we've seen/have identified with, in every fishman introduced so far, allowed themselves to evolve into walking on land. If we went with Jerk's theory, I can see the primates evolving to the point that they can allow themselves to mate with the other aquatic species and thereby creating said specific fishmen races/classifications.

I personally think it'd be easier to say that said primates that evolved to living in the sea (Jerk's theory) ended up mating with:

- puffer-fish (Tom)
    - stingrays (Kuroobi)
    - whalesharks (Jinbei)
    - sawfish/sawsharks (Arlong)
    - archerfish (Chew)
    - octopuses (Hatchan)
    - gulper eels (Macro)
    - goldfish (Gyaro)
    - other aquatic organisms we've yet to see attributed (or ones I've forgotten)

...rather than saying that each one of those aquatic organisms learned to adapt themselves to living on land (CDF's theory)...

Guys it's simple. Shredder travels the OP world dropping ooze in random oceans to create Fishmen.

Quote Originally Posted by $abZ View Post
    Guys it's simple. Shredder travels the OP world dropping ooze in random oceans to create Fishmen.
    yeah hahahahahhaha.that whould be awsome... any way all the charachters in one piece are fictionary so the thing about evolution is to be answered only by oda.. though hypothesizing this world and its creatures is not bad...
    by the way whe havent seen any zoan charachter with fish-like abilities ..? why is that? and in the first episode of the anime we see df rise from the botom of the sea in magical way.. does this give us some clue? about what fishman are .. anyways
    Its D.ecided " I will get one piece!"

We havent seen a fish DF because DF users can't swim. Also, anime only stuff is not canon. Strong World stuff is a debate I don't care to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Aka D. Ryuu View Post
    why is that? and in the first episode of the anime we see df rise from the botom of the sea in magical way.. does this give us some clue? about what fishman are .. anyways
    No because the anime from start to finish is irrelevant to every discussion of the story.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

So far we have seen different races like the long-arm tribe, the people from the skies, fishmen... So this suggest that humans actually evolve into the forms needed to survive (Like Darwin says) i.e. a fish didnt´evolve into a human form, contrary the human evolved into fishmen.
    But then... Elfs are evolved forms of human? (In ONE PIECE that is)

Also, this might be over-extending it but in Volume 12 Oda talks about evolution in the Volume talk. He says "The ape became a man, just like in the drawing above. You can probably see how the ape´s body stars to straighten up, little by little. Now then, let´s look at the next man. As his body cotinues to straighten, let´s have him flip backwards. And from then on, mankind will float a little in space. I´M SURE OF IT." (Viz translation)

Also look at this the character at the last panel that looks like a gecko.. maybe Oda has been setting something up with all this characters resembling animals?
    Or perhaps I am just reading too much through it??

There aren't elves in One Piece what the fuck??

And that Oda thing is a complete joke. How do you not see what he was doing with that...

I think he's talking about the dwarves found on the list of race prices for the slave house.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/501/07/

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Gorilla View Post
    I think he's talking about the dwarves found on the list of race prices for the slave house.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/501/07/
    Most of that list would be very hard to believe if we didn't already see Apoo like five chapters before it.

The size of people is getting a bit odd lately for my tastes
    Cantbecoolwithoutbeingatleast10feettall

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information