+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Series

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Tales of Series

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201009/29034166.html

There's what's probably an abyss port coming out on the 3ds.

Wouldn't be surprising if we're also not going to get this game either. None of the DS Tales of- titles were localized afair.

I think the Abyss port for the 3ds is possible. Abyss has a large fan base in the States I do believe.

Yeah, and $10 says it's not gonna come here.

-Tales of Symphonia on the PS2
    -Tales of Destiny on PSP
    -Tales of Destiny 2 on PSP
    -Tales of Phantasia on PSP
    -Tales of Rebirth
    -Tales of Innocence
    -Tales of Vesperia on PS3
    -Tales of Hearts
    -Tales of Graces

All of those main titles never saw the light of day outside of Japan, save for Destiny 2, which mysteriously got a European release of all places. Namco-Bandai isn't gonna deliver. Graces is on the Wii and coming to PS3, yet NEITHER version got released outside of Japan. Worse than what they pulled with Vesperia.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

I can really argument with Symphonia and Vesperia.

1. I think Symphonia(Ps2) and Vesperia (Ps3) would have the problem that they we're shipped to the states when they were on gamecube and Xbox360. I think that Nintdeo and Microsoft would have some say that their consle exlusies were on a diffent consle.

Personly if they were going to release Graces to the states, I think the PS3 version would do better. Still I agree with you Tsukento.

I don't see how there'd be an issue with the alternate versions being released here if they got alternate Japanese releases. It's not the first time where "exclusive" titles for Nintendo's and MS' consoles got ports on a Sony platform.

Resident Evil 4 and Mass Effect 2 are good examples of this (yeah yeah, ME2 was on the PC too, but I'm countin' consoles only here) where they were heavily touted as being exclusive to the GameCube and Xbox 360. Later on, they get ported to the PlayStation 2 and 3.

Honestly, it all comes down to Namco-Bandai being assholes. When evidence was presented that Patty's data was found inside of Vesperia on the 360, they tried denying there being anything. Yet examining around the lighthouse in Capua Torrim would reveal you finding a pirate hat that belongs to "Pa-" but being incapable of reading the rest. They pretty much bitch when sales aren't too good, but don't even put in an effort with their releases.

The consoles here don't have an extreme shift in terms of demographics the way Japan does. I think in the vast majority of cases, a port to a different system (particularly console to console) is going to have significantly fewer sales because most people that want it already played it on the original system. Vesperia on 360 was a gamble in Japan because NOBODY buys 360 in Japan. When they ported it to PS3, big surprise, they cashed in. I don't disagree that Bamco America have totally bungled their handling of the series, but not releasing the slightly-fleshed-out ports is far from their biggest problem.

Well so far it's just been Symphonia and Vesperia in that case. But yeah, not releasing the others is definitely worse. Especially in the case of Graces.

Discovered Stowaway

Nintendo was the publisher of Symphonia in the west, yes. But there's still the big list of other titles that argue against a localization .

Quote Originally Posted by Toastboy View Post
    Nintendo was the publisher of Symphonia in the west, yes.
    Dunno about Europe, but it was Namco that published it here in the US. I know Nintendo of Australia published the Australian version, though.

Nintendo was the one who paid for the localization for Symphonia. That's the only reason why Symphonia come over to the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuudi View Post
    Nintendo was the one who paid for the localization for Symphonia. That's the only reason why Symphonia come over to the states.
    Not in the US, man.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/561...symphonia/data

It's even got Namco's logo on the box as the publisher (front and back), with Nintendo's no where to be seen. Only the PAL version was published by Nintendo.

That true, but what I was talking about is that Nintendo was the one who was advertising the game. Even giving Namco money so the game can do so well. With out Nintendo's help to bringing Symphonia over to states the Tales of series would not be as poplar as it is in the states. I know that Destiny and Eternia came out before in the states, but I never heard heard of them. The two were games that fell into the shadows.

Also that Symphonia is the only Tales of games that I have seen that have more then one or two advertisements. So even though Nintendo was not the publisher they were one the big reasons why Symphonia came to the states and the reason why Namco chose to bring more Tales of games to the states.

Tales of Graces F is within 2-3 weeks of release in Japan and a bunch more details are coming out. Looks like aside from just adding the epilogue and more abilities/hi-ougi/dungeons, they're attempting to offer lots of visual customizability to maybe make it more interesting to people who already played the Wii version? For example, special "attachment" accessories that show up on your character models (goofy hats, bags, plush Sophies, etc) some of which are pay DLC. More pay DLC in the form of crossover costumes for characters from Code Geass, Hatsune Miku, bla bla bla. You'd have to pay ME to use that crap but whatever. Also, free downloadable date-sensitive (i.e. holidays) chat sequences.

Anyways, seems like a ton of stuff in addition to the regular game, so I'm looking forward to a seriously packed release in a few weeks. Should be good.

Meanwhile, Radiant Mythology 3 website keeps updating every week or so with a new batch of characters revealed. I'm starting to wonder if every single Tales character ever is going to be playable.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Those stupid attachments were like found money for them with vesperia, so I'm not surprised they're doing it again.

finished Tales of the Abyss with 2 players in 43 hours ( 3 weeks time) .

Awesome game with many plottwists, great story, and great characters with cool personalities.

was there ever a sequel to this ?
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Nope, no sequel to Abyss. They've only ever made one honest-to-goodness sequel (Tales of Destiny 2) and a few spinoffs.

Tales of the Abyss is rumored to be getting a port to the 3DS however.

I hope they add something that would make me buy it. I'm thinking they will have a Asch mode like they did for Loin in the remakes of Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuudi View Post
    I hope they add something that would make me buy it. I'm thinking they will have a Asch mode like they did for Loin in the remakes of Destiny.
    Before you start hoping about that, you oughta hope that Namco Bandai pulls its head out of its arse and starts porting Tales games over here again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

I know. But it would give me a reason to buy the game if it came out of the states.

Other then that, I think the Abyss will get the same treatment of a port like many of the Tales games. Like getting more costume items, new arts, new Dungeon.

Graces F just came out in Japan and my copy is on the way. Developer expectations (lol) with the new scenario added are 60 hours for the main story, 100+ for completionists. Should be fun.

Meanwhile, the previously mentioned "next Tales game" for PS3 has had a website counter until its official unveiling that is now under two weeks away.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information