+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Series

Default Re: Tales of Series

On another note; I'm playing Tales of Innocence as we speak. There's a TON of in-game mumbo jumbo that completely flies over my head in regards to backstories and what not, but I'm still havin' fun with it.

The backstory's just so damn confusing and honestly, I couldn't care about it. But the combat system is nice and the characters are, for the most part, likable.

Also, Sanji's seiyuu plays a role as one of your party members and you fight against a character that's voice by Norio Fucking Wakamoto!

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

yeah, Innocence was a decent game, especially when you compare it to the hellhole that was Tales of the Tempest. the world map was pretty crappy though and it didn't completely "click" all together as a game for me. Tales of Hearts (the DS followup) was miles better. Definitely the best handheld-only RPG I've ever played.

Yeah, I'm not digging the world map at all on this. It's rather annoying trying to look where I'm going on the bottom screen for the map and not noticing monsters popping up near me on the top screen.

That's another thing. The pop-up is annoying. I don't recall what it was like with Symphonia (I honestly didn't play any Tales games prior to that, and I missed out on Abyss and Legends), but at least Vesperia was kind enough to offer a small delay when they appeared and from a decent enough distance. It's stupid turning the camera, only to have something pop up on me right in that instant.

I think it's mostly a technical thing. They went for cheap 3D in the game and the DS just isn't good for that.

I'm serious about Hearts though, they had the right idea (sprites on 3D environments) and executed it flawlessly. If there's ever an English patch I highly highly recommend it. One of the best games in the series.

A new video for Tales of Graces F.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF2VoIq_Bww

A very depressing trailer.

So I imported Narikiri Dungeon X and Tales of VS a few weeks ago and have been playing them a lot, mostly Narikiri.

Don't have much of an opinion to list about VS as I'm not very good at 4-player fighters like SSB but it seems okay to me.

Narikiri on the other hand is surprisingly good, the battle system is nice and responsive and it's pretty fun to try out all the different classes. They also wisely chose to simply recreate all the Phantasia dungeons and locations in 3D rather than go the random dungeon route from Radiant Mythology, and they also reuse the time travel concept to maximize the return on towns and such--if you visit the same town in multiple eras it will have different stock in the stores. As usual all the sprites are recycled from earlier 2D games but they're all well-animated and smooth. Managing equipment can be a headache. You have the usual 12-20 weapons per type but instead of being 7-8 types for all the main characters there's more like 15 types due to all the classes. You'll have to do a lot of grinding to get money to complete the weapon index, although they also leave a ton of chests around the dungeons with equipment. All in all I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

Tales of Graces F (PS3 port) set for Japanese release on the 2nd of December 2010. Free demo will be up on the Japanese PSN sometime later this month probably (after Tokyo Game Show).

That cool. I hope you can tell us about it when you get it stephen. Also when you get the game, could you tell the differences between the Wii and PS3.

Another Tales game that isn't coming here. How exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

I finally completed Vesperia the other night, which has been lying on my shelf forever(I rarely have time to play games except on my commute these days).

Fan-frigging-tastic.

Just had a real blast. The story was ok(nice to have a main character for once with no self doubt or angst, just getting stuff done) but the battle system is the most fun I've had in tales game ever.

Surprised about the lack of spirit summons but I think it comes out by far the better for it. Overlimits & fatal strikes were very fun.

Good stuff all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Fan-frigging-tastic.

Just had a real blast. The story was ok(nice to have a main character for once with no self doubt or angst, just getting stuff done) but the battle system is the most fun I've had in tales game ever.
    Really was a good game I don't understand why so many complained about it. I was actually thinking earlier that it would be interesting if the new phantasy star online had a similar battle system but lock on targeting in an open world instead of side scrolling. Would work well with the weapon change system from phantasy star universe.

Side scrolling isn't the right phrasing. The PS series was never a side-scrolling franchise. :p

No I meant side scrolling as in the battles of tales not phantasy star. Phantasy star online environments were nice lots of places to explore.

Ah, gotcha.

Speaking Vesperia's fighting system, it's really insane when you can pull off stuff like this:
    [youtube]BSaL54bi8LY[/youtube]

Oh seeing it's nice to see a video of Yuri. When my sister and I played the game and when I got the double Azure Edge for Yuri, my sister and me always thought he said "Your mother!" until we found out he said "Another!" or something along those lines.

The fighting system is a lot of fun, whatever happened to the tales game for wii I thought their was suppose to be a NA release?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
    Ah, gotcha.

Speaking Vesperia's fighting system, it's really insane when you can pull off stuff like this:
    Not to mention rita's tidal wave + risky ring + overlimit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroX View Post
    The fighting system is a lot of fun, whatever happened to the tales game for wii I thought their was suppose to be a NA release?
    Graces had some rumours of a european release that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Not to mention rita's tidal wave + risky ring + overlimit.
    That's just broken. :P

But so is this:
    [YOUTUBE]-w_M4XvSKhk[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201009/29034166.html

There's what's probably an abyss port coming out on the 3ds.

Sweet! I still haven't beaten that one.

The Radiant Mythology 3 site is trickling out information here and there, mostly releasing the names of new playable characters. However, they did reveal that the dungeons in the game would be a more top-down wide angle view than in the first two games, so it resembles playing one of flagship games much more this time.

Also, I think a playable demo for Graces PS3 is hitting PSN in early October. Should be exciting (the game comes out in December I believe).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information