+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Series

Default Re: Tales of Series

Sorry for the double post and bring back a dead forum, but there seems to be a tiny hope for Graces to come to state side. Really the only news about it as well.

http://www.vgreleases.com/wii/ReleaseDate-297689.aspx

Article
    http://gamesand.me/2010/04/tales-of-...he-us-in-2011/

And all is right in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Yes. Yes it is. So if Namco is able to get the downloadable content, are you guys going to get any?

I'm planing on getting this costume for Asbel

http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/displayimage.php?album=229&pos=416

Something about in Nintendo magazine

http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com...p&cat=68&pos=4

for Europe. So it looks like that Europe could just get the text change into English while the voices stay in Japanese.
    Last edited by Yuudi; June 3rd, 2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: To redo

woa sweet i see summer 2010. that is right now right?

so is tales of graces coming to america sometime in jume/july/august?

Ill just download the Japanese version and apply the English patch, easy.

Only tales of games I played were Phantasia, Vesperia and the second Symphonia. Fun series, wish I could play the rest.

It's sad that it's hard to find a old Tales of game. But if your lucky, it a joy.

Voices remain japanese? You're asking for the impossible. Not once has overseas Tales had japanese voices. So don't expect it with Graces.

Only games with dual languages come from NIS America's games. You can dl Graces. But it's not advisable

If anything is like the scanslations sites shutting down (30 of them), due to the U.S/Japanese coalition, then the illegal dl game sites would no doubt be next on japanese companies list. Just be lucky you don't live in Japan.

Cops in Japan even arrest people for illegally dling copyrighted items. Think I'm lying? ANN (Anime News Network)'s reported numerous articles of people getting arrested in Japan for illegally dling/uploading copyrighted items.
    Last edited by Kevin_Levin; June 9th, 2010 at 10:43 AM.

worst characters
    worst stories
    best battle system
    best games

Played 'em all except for Graces. Phantasia really sucks--the battle system is way archaic and painful compared to the many followups. Destiny remake on PS2 is probably the best. Hearts (on DS) is the best on the handhelds. I'm partially convinced that they're slowly running the series into the ground in America because rather than bringing over the brand new titles that they put all their effort into, they try to bank on the popularity of older previously-translated titles by choosing the shitty pseudo-sequels and spin-offs instead (Dawn of the New World, Radiant Mythology etc). So NA gets the crappy ones and people think, gee... I remember this series used to be good. Guess I'm not getting the next one! Good jorb Namco.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammsy View Post
    woa sweet i see summer 2010. that is right now right?

so is tales of graces coming to america sometime in jume/july/august?
    Sorry, it's form the Europe Nintendo power. From what I heard it is expected to came to the states until the 1st quarter of 2011.

There isn't any announcement about a north american release (personally I wouldn't hold my breath). The link you posted way up at the top about a Q1 2011 release is dated April 2nd and is probably a recap of this APRIL FOOLS DAY update.

That was a bad April fools joke.... I always liked the ones that seemed impossible for apirl fools jokes. Like Akuma in Resident Evil 2. But still I want hold in some hope. Then again if another Tales of series comes in into the states, a company has to pay for Namco Bandia to bring their own game over to the states. Well thanks for the info stephen.

Yeah, there was a lot of backlash on that site's forum after that. The site managers tried to be tough and say "boo hoo, looks like somebody can't take a joke," but the argument was that it wasn't even a joke in the first place, they just said "Hey! This game is coming to America get ready! Okay actually, fuck you, it's not." Talk about missing the point of April Fools Day.

I will agree with the apirl fools day joke. I fell kind of stupid for not looking at the date. But I'm not going to whine and complain to the site for trying to have some fun. I wonder if Nintendo would just pay them to bring Graces over. It seems like Nintendo was the one who brought Tales to the states. So I say thanks to Nintendo for bring over the first Tales of game to the states any ways. I have a question on the Tales of Destiny. Was the original PS1 game bad or the remakes just make it better?

The original Destiny is a lot like Phantasia. SD characters, slow battle system, not so deep. The remake is a lot like the other PS2 era sprite-based titles like Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one, not Eternia) and Tales of Rebirth. Very smooth and deep battle system that is much more like a fighter, very customizable, lots of added gameplay systems and the story/dialogues are fleshed out. Also the Director's Cut version of the remake has a second playable campaign where you control the main antagonist character Leon/Lion. It's just much better in every way. My friend and I are playing it 2-player right now and it's a ton of fun.

Of course ToP has an archaic battle system-- it was their first game. Overtime the games' battle systems became much better.

That said, I'd really like to have some of the new Tales games translated, but they were never that popular here in the states. :/ I didn't really like Dawn of the New World, so the only way I could play them is the Japanese ones we have-- and I can't even understand them!

I wish that article weren't an April Fools joke.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    The original Destiny is a lot like Phantasia. SD characters, slow battle system, not so deep. The remake is a lot like the other PS2 era sprite-based titles like Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one, not Eternia) and Tales of Rebirth. Very smooth and deep battle system that is much more like a fighter, very customizable, lots of added gameplay systems and the story/dialogues are fleshed out. Also the Director's Cut version of the remake has a second playable campaign where you control the main antagonist character Leon/Lion. It's just much better in every way. My friend and I are playing it 2-player right now and it's a ton of fun.
    That sounds really good. Good luck to you and your friend. Also do you hate all the characters in the Tales series?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Of course ToP has an archaic battle system-- it was their first game. Overtime the games' battle systems became much better.

That said, I'd really like to have some of the new Tales games translated, but they were never that popular here in the states. :/ I didn't really like Dawn of the New World, so the only way I could play them is the Japanese ones we have-- and I can't even understand them!

I wish that article weren't an April Fools joke.
    Same here. There seems some kind of hope. As Europe is getting Graces this summer. I'm guessing that only the text has changed into English and the voices kept in Japaneses.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuudi View Post
    Same here. There seems some kind of hope. As Europe is getting Graces this summer. I'm guessing that only the text has changed into English and the voices kept in Japaneses.
    Good good...wait, what? We are?

You better not be getting my hopes up.

It was in Europe Nintendo. Here's the link to the page.

http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com...p&cat=68&pos=4

Latest news from Japan on the next year's Tales schedule:

Tales of Graces PS3 - Winter 2010
    New Tales game for PS3 - no date
    Radiant Mythology 3 for PSP - 2011

This is in addition to Phantasia X: Narikiri Dungeon PSP which is coming out in a week or so. Stoked as FUCK for Graces on PS3, now I won't have to mod my Wii or buy an import console, and I won't have to worry about getting a properly patched version of the game either. It probably even has a chance of being localized for North America on PS3. Good news all around. Radiant Mythology 3 seems like an awfully quick turnaround from the 2nd but I guess if the games keep selling they'll keep spinning em off.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information