+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81
Results 1,601 to 1,614 of 1614

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Comparing the Batman Begins Ra's Al Ghul to Dr. Doofensmirtz is not even remotely fair to Heinz.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I also liked that Sen. Pat Leahy made another cameo; he went from mocking the Joker in the last film by telling Bane off in this one.
    Oh? Care to tell me which scene that was?

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Oh? Care to tell me which scene that was?
    In The Dark Knight, he was the old man who told the Joker "We're not intimidated by you thugs". This time around, he was the first Wayne Enterprises executive that stood up and said something to Bane. I can't remember the exact line, but it was similar to what he told the Joker.

"And he himself has run it ---"" said Pat Leahy, just before douche bag board member interrupts and raises his voice.
    "Into the ground!"

That's all I remember of him. If he'd stood up to Bane, Bane would've snapped his neck. That's what he does. I love that. Like a Mad Tv skit of Steven Seagal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    In The Dark Knight, he was the old man who told the Joker "We're not intimidated by you thugs". This time around, he was the first Wayne Enterprises executive that stood up and said something to Bane. I can't remember the exact line, but it was similar to what he told the Joker.
    Cool. I knew about his cameo in Dark Knight, but completely missed him this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    "And he himself has run it ---"" said Pat Leahy, just before douche bag board member interrupts and raises his voice.
    "Into the ground!"

That's all I remember of him. If he'd stood up to Bane, Bane would've snapped his neck. That's what he does. I love that. Like a Mad Tv skit of Steven Seagal.
    Leahy said something in that latter scene as well right before the guy that went with them to the reactor chimed in. I think it was "We don't make deals with common criminals" or something along those lines.

Cool. I knew about his cameo in Dark Knight, but completely missed him this time around.
    It's his third appearance in a movie and his fourth role in the franchise as a whole. He had a nonspeaking cameo in Batman and Robin and was the Governor of the Utah Territory in the Jonah Hex episode of B:TAS.

I'm not normally inclined to watch anything having to do with Call Me Maybe, but this one is just so good. They put more work into this video than Cary Rae whatever her name is put into her own video.

Last edited by Nex; August 12th, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Sorry to bring this topic up again but good LORD did that movie have interesting facial structures.

That was the main thing keeping me hooked. How would the bones on the face of the next actor look like!? My God, you had extended, pouty cheeks... Super empathetic eyebrows of the rogue police officer...

And that's about all I liked. Oh, there was a standing ovation and I made sure to keep my hands firmly in my pockets. When asked why in this made-up story of mine, I said, "MAYBE... there's a time when hands should not be clapping. MAYBE... that time is when a movie is very boring. MAYBE... saying the word 'maybe' in front of a statement doesn't automatically make it witty, charming, and thoughtful!"

I will re-watch this movie sometime and hopefully that will make me give the tiniest ounce of a crap about it. I despise this statement, but am afraid I must parrot it: "I really wanted to like it."

We have a release date: December 4th!

And a first look at the Limited Edition: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/09/2...ray-exclusive/

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    Sorry to bring this topic up again but good LORD did that movie have interesting facial structures.

That was the main thing keeping me hooked. How would the bones on the face of the next actor look like!? My God, you had extended, pouty cheeks... Super empathetic eyebrows of the rogue police officer...

And that's about all I liked. Oh, there was a standing ovation and I made sure to keep my hands firmly in my pockets. When asked why in this made-up story of mine, I said, "MAYBE... there's a time when hands should not be clapping. MAYBE... that time is when a movie is very boring. MAYBE... saying the word 'maybe' in front of a statement doesn't automatically make it witty, charming, and thoughtful!"

I will re-watch this movie sometime and hopefully that will make me give the tiniest ounce of a crap about it. I despise this statement, but am afraid I must parrot it: "I really wanted to like it."
    You were touching yourself?
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Some channel called the Hub was showing old Batman:TAS episodes. Turned on one--it was a mediocre ep by TAS standards--for five minutes. Thought as I was watching that in soundtrack, pacing, direction, voice acting, and animation it was the best animated material I'd seen in years.

That episode first aired twenty years ago.

Amazing.

The Devil's best friend.

Well got my 3 movie collection in mail today. Now to wait for christmas in order to recieve it from someone.

I hate this time of year. I still just order stuff from amazon, get stuff from amazon that had pre-ordered and so on, yet when it comes in the mail i have to hand it to someone else so they can wrap it up and give it back to me in a month. Only bonus is they pay me what i paid. But is it worth the month wait in some cases? In this case, I'm fine, but hate it when it comes to games I order.

Not seen it myself, though i heard Bane's voice. Holy fk. That voice was just wow.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information