+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New ThunderCats Anime

Default New ThunderCats Anime

Warner Bros. Animation is announcing on Thursday that Studio 4C, the anime studio behind Tekkonkinkreet, Genius Party, and parts of The Animatrix, is animating a new version of the 1980s fantasy action television series Thundercats for the Cartoon Network. Sam Register, Cartoon Network's Executive Vice President of Creative Affairs, described the new series as "Warner Bros. Animation's first anime series." (Several Japanese studios subcontracted on the original Thundercats series as well.) Studio 4C had previously worked with Warner Brothers on The Animatrix, Batman: Gotham Knight, and Halo Legends three earlier Japanese-animated Warner Brothers projects based on American entertainment franchises. Register is serving as the new project's executive producer after working on Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Transformers: Animated, Teen Titans, Ben 10, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) are producing.
    Sources: Variety, Wizard World via Geekosystem

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ew-thundercats

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default Re: New ThunderCats Anime

After the main writer died, I don't know what to think really. ThunderCats might have been animated by Japanese but it is *NOT* an anime, if it's got a Japanese production crew it could be either awesome or awful. There's no way of telling, I hope at least the look remains 1980's musclebound and not post-Gundam Wing slender bishounen.

Also, lol, 4C. CN couldn't have contracted a more pretentious studio.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    After the main writer died, I don't know what to think really.
    Leonard Starr isn't dead.

Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well I hope that the writing will be a little better . I was especialy let down by the one episode finale , which included both defeating Mum-Ra and the suposedly superior Pyron (who was on screen for under a minute and had no lines) , plus instead of resolving all the various messes the other thunder cats got into themselves , they froze them in time and let the "Spirit of Thundera" save their asses in a literal Dues ex machina .

What was sad about that was that the show had several multi parters before .

Oh well . I hope the Lunatacs actualy make it in . The guy with the mohawk and the realy ugly bald one with the red eyes were my favourites .

Also "pretentious" ? In what way ?

That was because Leonard Starr left soon after he introduced the Lunatacs in the "Mumm-ra lives" 5 parter. When he did, things went rapidly downhill.

I may be a little too nostalgic about the show , so yeah there were lots of things that were kind of stupid when one thought back to em .

One big cocktease for me was that the opening showed the Thundercats fighting a whole army of mutants and , outside of the first episode , we only had three to four , aside from the aditonal one off guest apearance .

Yeah, they never explained where all the other mutants that originally beamed down with sliithe & co went.

But they had many standout episodes - the aforementioned mumm-ra lives 1-5, The sound stones, The Mask of Gorgon, Mumm-Rana's Belt, Lion-O's Anointment 1-5, etc.

Was a very fun series for a couple of years.

Well Mum ra destroyed their comunication device and ship so they couldn't contact the army . Some other mutants came from time to time anyway so this makes me question why a full scale invasion never took place , other then budget reasons .

I don't think the last ep was ever broadcast in my country either .

Another thing : I was always curious what the hell Mum-ra even was . Especialy because there's another , female mummy on the planet too .

I always assumed he was an ancient priest who had made a deal with the spirits for immortality - hence being called the "demon-priest".

Where was he ever called that ?

And for that matter , did all the other...people just go extinct or something ? Or did they evolve into metal koalas and yetis ?

One thing I don't realy like is Hachiman , which I am not sure they are gonna include but it's highly likely . He was just too.....bland .

Over all I am expecting some detail in the storyline .

In a line that sticks in my memory, Red Eye says after the lunatacs are freed:

"Revenge.....we must avenge ourselves on the demon priest". or something like that.

I think mumm-ra survived mayan style ages. I remember him referring to "first earth".

i came in here expecting something horrible, but 4degrees makes me happy

still, i dont understand this obsession with making thundercats into an anime

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

I'm just happy it's not

Wait wait wait ......what the fuck is that other thing from ?

Some Warner Brothers "rock band" thundercats cartoon concept from '07.

It was quietly shelved.

R-Rock band ?

My heart , it aches .

Anyway , would be nice if other Rankin bass characters were brought into the show too , maybe from shows like Tigersharks of Silverhawks . Because I can't think of too many memorable enemies beside the Lunatacs , the few mutants we got and Mum Ra .

Hammerhand does not count .

Ratar-o, Grune the destroyer, Shiner, Safari Joe.

Mongor & Driller have good designs that things can be done with,

I dunno I always thoughts Mon-Star's goons had generaly a much better design then the mutants and most of the Lunatacs .

Plus Mon-Star is.....well awesome . Mum-ra is sort of too , but Mon-Star is simply more intimidating .

I've never properly seen silverhawks so I can't say(though I have heard the episodes weren't as well written as the early thundercats stuff).

But those enemies were memorable. Everyone I know remembers captain shiner, safari Joe & Ratar-o.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information