+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Open Audition for New Crew Member

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Default Open Audition for New Crew Member

Hey guys:

One of the most common questions I get asked is: "Hey, can I be on the podcast," and my answer will always be "we have a lot of people on and it wouldn't be fair to give everyone less time to be on the air or to give certain people a chance but not others. Etc.," Well a lot of our staff have lives or have been getting increasingly busy so I decided to open up auditions for ONE person (no gender restrictions this time)! There are some ground rules/requirements we have to be on the podcast:

1) You must have a good, working microphone and headphones (not a headset, preferably, sometimes they do work so having a headset certainly does not disqualify you)
    2) You should have a good working environment (no Firecrouch cats, preferably)
    3) You should have a good attitude and be personable
    4) No offense intended, but you should be able to speak English well. You don't have to be from the United States, but you should be comprehensible to the English speaking world.
    5) On the same note as (4), you should have no major speech impediments or major oddities in the way you speak. No offense intended here, the big question is: would you want to listen to yourself?
    6) You MUST have Skype and have some minor knowledge concerning that program.
    7) Some sort of expertise in the One Piece community is a plus!

We record at around 10:00PM EST on Saturdays and 9:00PM EST on Wednesdays. The times are not always static. We record at around that hour because I currently work on weekdays from 9:30 to 5:30PM EST and Ed isn't available until 7:00PM EST. We then wait for the amount of necessary people online or, you know, eat. On Saturdays we record right after the simulcasted episode is released.

That's it, send in an audio file and we'll all give it a listen. Be as creative as you want with it, but send us something you think we'll all like (but that represents you as a potential contributor). Send it to OnePiecePodcast@gmail.com

Just to be clear here: no one is getting kicked off/leaving the podcast, people are just getting busy. The person who will be chosen will probably appear on around 5 episodes or more this season and will, if they're available, serve as a potential back-up if others get busy. Auditions will end April 16th!

Good luck.
    Last edited by Zach Logan; April 3rd, 2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Changed some musts to shoulds
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

Default Re: Open Audition for New Crew Member

Hey, my cat isn't that intrusive

I would NOT want to listen to myself, I have a lisp. I also sound like a woman, but that last one could actually be a turn on for someone, don't think there's any fetishes for lisps tho... then again, I've heard of stranger things.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I would NOT want to listen to myself, I have a lisp. I also sound like a woman, but that last one could actually be a turn on for someone, don't think there's any fetishes for lisps tho... then again, I've heard of stranger things.
    Now I want you to send something in out of sheer curiosity...
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

Curiosity killed the cat, or in this case, your ears.

MEOW MEOW I wanna hear it!!
    Is the OPP not enough for you? Give a listen to the SSAA Podcast and Jammer's Animovie Podcast!!

Just wondering. I really want to join and I know alot about One Piece and I have experience on radio before. I am just wondering though what do you guys use for your microphones and what should I get?

where exactly do you want us to send the audio file?

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareLuffy View Post
    Just wondering. I really want to join and I know alot about One Piece and I have experience on radio before. I am just wondering though what do you guys use for your microphones and what should I get?
    How do you mean? What kind of microphones or what kind of equipment with the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan1288 View Post
    where exactly do you want us to send the audio file?
    OnePiecePodcast@gmail.com (I'll add that onto the main post)
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    How do you mean? What kind of microphones or what kind of equipment with the phone?
    I mean both. I want to get reccomendations for a good quality Microphone and equipment. I want to try out on this and (IF I don't get in) other stuff too.

Caribou?Caribou?CARIBOU?! ? Mugiwara_no_Luffy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareLuffy View Post
    I mean both. I want to get reccomendations for a good quality Microphone and equipment. I want to try out on this and (IF I don't get in) other stuff too.
    seconded

do you have recomendations or further guidelines on the necessary equipment?

What time do you normaly record at? since i live in the uk and with the time diffrences might be an ackward time so don't want to waste everybodys time by applying if i won't be able to be on at the time xD

Quote Originally Posted by Southe View Post
    What time do you normaly record at? since i live in the uk and with the time diffrences might be an ackward time so don't want to waste everybodys time by applying if i won't be able to be on at the time xD
    i don't mean to offend.. lol but.. your scottish accents probably go against rule 5)... cos americans seem to struggle with scottish accents...
    i mean look at susan boyle she needed sub-titles when she was on the operah winfrey show... which was a big shock to the people of west lothian cos they can't read.. lol
    then again.. my voice isn't the best either so i'm not exactly one to talk.. lol
    Last edited by dawood; April 2nd, 2010 at 09:13 PM.

We record at 10PM EST on Saturday nights (TBD in the future) and at around 9PM EST on Wednesday nights.

As to equipment, use your own judgement. If you want specific recommendations it depends on your price range.
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    We record at 10PM EST on Saturday nights (TBD in the future) and at around 9PM EST on Wednesday nights.
    LOL.. thats 2am for anyone thinkin to audition in the UK

may i ask.. why you are thinking of adding a new member? i like the current setup right now...

but it would be good to listen to someone fresh.. it would also give a rounded feel to the show if you either pick a black guy... or someone from england

lol.. not trying to endorse myself.. i'm too busy right now... just throwing in a few suggestions.. ( but its probably not my place to speak)
    Last edited by dawood; April 2nd, 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Hmm I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by Retro; April 2nd, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

And yeah to repeat Southie's question, am in Central time over here. So what time would it be when you're recording?

I would so send an application if I had a good mic ; _ ;

I should really invest in one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Believe is song ripped from a dance craze that involves women in as little clothing as possible and crazy sex. The only thing happy-go-lucky about it is my cock.

Don't want to sound like a douchebag but there are a lot of stupid questions in here. People should do their own research before even considering applying.

Good luck to everyone who's trying out. I may just give it a go...

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
    Don't want to sound like a douchebag but there are a lot of stupid questions in here. People should do their own research before even considering applying.

Good luck to everyone who's trying out. I may just give it a go...
    Nothing wrong with trying to gain a little info bro, even if it mean asking questions to the source.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information