did you noticed? BB is triplet!

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...5/page010.html

his jolly roger has 3 skulls and on this page nami asked:

who is he?

and ruffy answered: not he..them!

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...5/page016.html

Default Re: Chapter 577 "The Incident Continues to Escalate"

Ok - Out there theory.

From what Marco said, that being that his body is abnormal rather than saying 'that fruit...' or something, while it may seem a far reach I'm going to assume BB somehow is able to absorb two fruits, even if he didn't have the blackness thing. A stretch, but if that's the case...

What if the process in how a devil fruit is reborn involves darkness. As in, the tree grows through long years in the darkness, or when it's pitch black the demons exit the body of the dead guy or something. Then maybe the blanket and the darkness fruit would have been dark enough to speed it up and BB somehow managed to immediately snatch it's power (i.e. eat fruit or absorb the 'devil fruit's spirit, etc...). It just seems too showy to show up in the middle of a frantic war with a blanket just only to make a grand entrance.

Discovered Stowaway mickgreen58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Well, he also says "Your not one of them", but I guess you guys probably are right. But I'm going to keep my theory anyways xP.
    Right, but I think what Whitebeard meant was that Teach didn't have the appropriate "character" to be the one Rogers was looking for.

While seeing that trick with the curtain, they throw over Wb and BB, its like a magical trick.

And i had to think about the film "the Prestige".

Only click that spoiler if you have watched that film or you dont want to see him(which would be sad because its a good film)

Hidden:

He has a twin brother (maybe a third one) they are hiding in the Blackhole.
    One of the brothers has the blackhole fruit, the other is eating the Quake fruit. The Blackhole brother is covering the area and the brother with the Quake fruit with his blackhole blackness. The Blackhole brother is hiding in the darkness while covering the Quakebrother. Quake Teach is using the Quakefruit and it looks like hes using both fruits.

I know that theory is completly nuts.. but its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Ok - Out there theory.

From what Marco said, that being that his body is abnormal rather than saying 'that fruit...' or something, while it may seem a far reach I'm going to assume BB somehow is able to absorb two fruits, even if he didn't have the blackness thing. A stretch, but if that's the case...

What if the process in how a devil fruit is reborn involves darkness. As in, the tree grows through long years in the darkness, or when it's pitch black the demons exit the body of the dead guy or something. Then maybe the blanket and the darkness fruit would have been dark enough to speed it up and BB somehow managed to immediately snatch it's power (i.e. eat fruit or absorb the 'devil fruit's spirit, etc...). It just seems too showy to show up in the middle of a frantic war with a blanket just only to make a grand entrance.
    True but even Marco seems unsure how Blackbeard is able to consume 2 Devil Fruit.

Also, for those who think Blackbeard's body is the reason he can consume at least 2 Devil Fruits, why the need to wait years to obtain the Yami Yami no mi?

I have not seen this discussed by why does Blackbeard want to hide what he did to Whitebeard's body? Teach is a showman and braggart, so why hide this technique?

Before reading the chapter on Mangastream, I assumed when people said Black Cloak, they were mistaking it for Teach's vortex but the guy really did hide what he did with a cloak. Of all the things that happened, this is the most interesting action taken by Teach.

Just maybe he hid this technique because others could mimic it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post
    While seeing that trick with the curtain, they throw over Wb and BB, its like a magical trick.

Only click that spoiler if you have watched that film or you dont want to see him(which would be sad because its a good film)

Hidden:

One of the brothers has the blackhole fruit, the other is eating the Quake fruit. The Blackhole brother is covering the area and the brother with the Quake fruit with his blackhole blackness. The Blackhole brother is hiding in the darkness while covering the Quakebrother. Quake Teach is using the Quakefruit and it looks like hes using both fruits.

Very interesting.

I am seeing more and more posts where people are suggesting something like this.

The problem with this is I think the Whitebeard Pirates would have known about this secret at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by mickgreen58 View Post
    Very interesting.

I am seeing more and more posts where people are suggesting something like this.

The problem with this is I think the Whitebeard Pirates would have known about this secret at some point.
    Not if....

"The Prestige" spoiler dont click if you havent watched
    Hidden:
    his twinbrother

... wasnt in the Crew, but then Marcos "His strange Bodystructure" wouldnt make sense.. the theory has many holes but is an explanation.

And would make Blackbeard the most cunning Badass ever!

Hmm about the whole triplet thing...

Interesting... but it seems farfetched, we see him standing there with the Quake powers in one hand and the Dark power in the other...

Hidden:

I'm not trying to knock your theory, so please don't misunderstand what I'm saying and why I disagree with you.

This used to be a very good idea for a plot twist, but it was overused for many years, and while it still possesses a certain "wow" factor, it doesn't have the same impact it used to have back when the concept was first introduced in story writing.

Also, Teach would have had to spend decades hiding a twin, and considering all the possible fights he's been in and near death experiences he's had. It doesn't really fit that he'll suddenly have a twin. This would definitely classify as a "Deux Ex Machina" if Oda went this route. Oda tends to take what you'd expect and add a nice twist to it, so I'd be more for the conjoint twin idea, than an actual twin. However, I doubt either of these is the "trick" to BB obtaining two DF abilities.

My guesses are either
    1) BB's Darkness ability somehow allows him this feat.
    2) The abnormality that Marco and the late Ace mentioned.
    Or even a combination of both of these factors.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinotX View Post
    Hmm about the whole triplet thing...

Interesting... but it seems farfetched, we see him standing there with the Quake powers in one hand and the Dark power in the other...
    the explanation for this is in my spoilertext. Eh watch "Prestige" then click it and then youll have your perfect explanation how it is possible that hes having one power in one hand and the other in the other.. it literatly covers all up.

I think some of us have been reading this wrong. It's plain as day that Blackbeard is probably more than one person:

the explanation for this is in my spoilertext. Eh watch "Prestige" then click it and then youll have your perfect explanation how it is possible that hes having one power in one hand and the other in the other.. it literatly covers all up.
    I already watched your spoiler tag. Maybe gonna watch the movie later :p. To bad for the spoiler, but I can live with it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Corson D. Burley View Post
    I think some of us have been reading this wrong. It's plain as day that Blackbeard is probably more than one person:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/...d43ed6d1_o.jpg
    You forgot the foetus thing xD

So the decalvan brothers can also have two fruits?

Hidden:

Exactly what i was thinking..The Prestige ftw^^

Look at his hands:
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/577-69/14

It's clear BB is using both powers himself, not a twin hiding somewhere. If he's indeed two people (would be freaky cool in a way) then he's some sort of siamese twin but I don't think that's the case. Marco seems confused which makes me think it's simply the peculiar alterations his DF has done to his body that can make him do this. He's already a solid logia so clearly something special is going on.
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

Marco's line got me into thinking

Marco:Yeah, a "normal human being" would be impossible to.
    But as you guys know well... Teach is a little different!!
    His body structure is... abnormal! That may be what caused this...!?

He describes teach in singular form. This may put a block to teach has a twin inside him theories.

This made my day!

Eh its only atheory,which covers.

1. The talk between Ace and BB about "Living Twice the Life"
    2. The mentioning of Zorro and Ruffy, "not he" "they"
    3. the possibilty to use 2 Devilfruits at the same time.

But you are most likely right would be a nice idea.. but maybe i play to much Ace attorney to have such complex plan in mind.
    Its not like Oda, to put such a plot into OP, just wouldnt fit into the overall story we had so far.

You just won the thread. You can claim whatever prize you want from the wall, except for the pink elephant.

母しゃべる「ドッグチーズ」

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information