+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 577 "The Incident Continues to Escalate"

Default Re: Chapter 577 "The Incident Continues to Escalate"

Quote Originally Posted by Waytoo View Post
    thanks, its pretty much a direct translation, "its not he" "its they" only thing to note is the "he" and "they" have bulleting by the side to emphasize those words (like putting them in bold or italics)
    Many thanks Waytoo!

... that didnt solved the mystery. Now its stated Zorro and Ruffy correcting Nami, saying literatly "its not he" "its they"..

which still could refer to being teach more than one or to his crew they met outside.

And emphasising "He" and "They", wasnt that the same thing that Aohige pointed out the strange emphasizing on the words "Lifed Twice".

best birthday gift ever, awsome chapter

Quote Originally Posted by mickgreen58 View Post
    Why wouldn't it make sense to let the New World Pirates escape? Who among the New World Pirates is a threat? To me, this is where Sengoku rallies the troops and tells every Marine that Blackbeard should be the focus. This guy just declared war on every One Piece Group in the world. It just really doesn't make sense for the strongest Admiral to pursue Dragon's Son which kind of indicates a lack of leadership among the Marines.

You've said this a couple of times, I am not sure exactly what you mean.
    Whitebeard said it in chapter 576. It was after the flashback of Roger telling him what the Will of D is..

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Discovered Stowaway mickgreen58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Whitebeard said it in chapter 576. It was after the flashback of Roger telling him what the Will of D is..
    Hmmm, going to have to go re-read that.

All I remember is Rogers asking Whitebeard if he wanted to know what the Will of D was and we don't get to read what he said.

Later Whitebeard tells Teach that he isn't the man Rogers is waiting for.

Not sure how that makes him not a true "D"?

Oh look! More baby seals! Vermouth's Avatar

Another question to Oda: where was San Juan Wolf when Blackbeard attacked Marinford HQ??? In the same ball with Kizaru???

Why didn't he take Aces power? He can only hold 2, i think.

BB was weak before DF and rookie strong after, he beat logia without his powers, i bet he couldn't even have beat zoro at that stage. But his insanely strong now. I wonder does rubber take damage from quake powers?

I thought WB was elbaf giant, in his 200th year.
    Last edited by Pink-Ranger; March 10th, 2010 at 01:54 PM.

I found Pizarro xD
    Hidden:

Oh look! More baby seals! Vermouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbh View Post
    best birthday gift ever, awsome chapter
    Happy birthday. Mine was Ace's death. :_(

I think the 2 life thing Ace was talking about is the burden Teach will have to carry for taking Thatch's life. Teach is now responsible for his own life as well as the life he stole.

Legen, wait for it...dary! Mugiwara Kaizoku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vermouth View Post
    Another question to Oda: where was San Juan Wolf when Blackbeard attacked Marinford HQ??? In the same ball with Kizaru???
    That's like asking where Moria was, it's fucking irrelevant! You don't draw every single character, in every situation, at all times, in every chapter, just because they are at the scene... you'll get to see him again eventually.
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...it's the mucus that bites us!

Quote Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    I think the 2 life thing Ace was talking about is the burden Teach will have to carry for taking Thatch's life. Teach is now responsible for his own life as well as the life he stole.
    I don't think that fits or there would be many w/ multiple fruits, these are pirates, almost all non SHs have probably killed another human before

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post
    Many thanks Waytoo!

... that didnt solved the mystery. Now its stated Zorro and Ruffy correcting Nami, saying literatly "its not he" "its they"..

which still could refer to being teach more than one or to his crew they met outside.

And emphasising "He" and "They", wasnt that the same thing that Aohige pointed out the strange emphasizing on the words "Lifed Twice".
    sure thing, and yea, its exactly like the ace's line from his fight with blackbeard in terms of how its emphasized

basically its vague enough to be taken one way in the immediate context of the story, but looking back it might take on another meaning
    (but still im calling it now that it was all foreshadowed)

Quote Originally Posted by ElementNick View Post
    I don't think that fits or there would be many w/ multiple fruits, these are pirates, almost all non SHs have probably killed another human before
    No I mean, Ace says it as a metaphor. I'm not saying if you kill a person you can have 2 fruits. then Eustuss would have a million DFs since he kills a lot of civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    If I remember right WB told Teach "You're not the one that Roger is waiting for..."

I don't see that as not being a true D....More as he's not following the ways of the D's.

Discovered Stowaway mickgreen58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Vixen View Post
    If I remember right WB told Teach "You're not the one that Roger is waiting for..."

I don't see that as not being a true D....More as he's not following the ways of the D's.
    That's what I was thinking .

Quote Originally Posted by Waytoo View Post
    sure thing, and yea, its exactly like the ace's line from his fight with blackbeard in terms of how its emphasized

basically its vague enough to be taken one way in the immediate context of the story, but looking back it might take on another meaning
    (but still im calling it now that it was all foreshadowed)
    If it is a foreshadow, i will make a shrine to pray to my new god Oda. If he had forshadowed it, such a long way back and hidden it so good.Hes truly a genius.

I am so happy with the direction the story's taken. No timeskip bullshit, the situation getting even worse than Whitebeard's death, piling on even more twists. Yep, rather than skipping everything over, we got the full repercussions of Whitebeard's death and what it means for the new era. just as a great story-teller would do.This series is so greatT_T

And yeah, this chapter has single-handedly sold Blackbeard as a final villain for me. Before, he just didn't seem strong and special enough what with Whitebeard whooping his ass and all but with this, he's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    I am so happy with the direction the story's taken. No timeskip bullshit, the situation getting even worse than Whitebeard's death, piling on even more twists. Yep, rather than skipping everything over, we got the full repercussions of Whitebeard's death and what it means for the new era. just as a great story-teller would do.This series is so greatT_T

And yeah, this chapter has single-handedly sold Blackbeard as a final villain for me. Before, he just didn't seem strong and special enough what with Whitebeard whooping his ass and all but with this, he's perfect.
    I guess I'm liking the direction of the story too (most-recent chapter wise, not the last 3 or 4), but I'm actually hoping for a time skip. Just to get all the information at once, rather than segmented, chaotic, going all over the place storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-Ranger View Post
    Why didn't he take Aces power? He can only hold 2, i think.

BB was weak before DF and rookie strong after, he beat logia without his powers, i bet he couldn't even have beat zoro at that stage. But his insanely strong now. I wonder does rubber take damage from quake powers?

I thought WB was elbaf giant, in his 200th year.
    It doesn't matter how many powers can have. He only needs those 2. there is absolutely no reason for him to have Ace's fire logia. It adds nothing to him, it doesn't make him stronger. He has the ultimate destructive DF power which can destroy the world, and the power to nullify the power of other Ability users.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Vixen View Post

Well, he also says "Your not one of them", but I guess you guys probably are right. But I'm going to keep my theory anyways xP.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information