+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 577 "The Incident Continues to Escalate"

Default Re: Chapter 577 "The Incident Continues to Escalate"

One thing that will become really annoying is what this chapter adds to the whole powerlevelhakidevilsfruit-discussions.

"Maybe he is haki user with atypical body who ate the yada yada fruit AND the blah blah fruit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Waytoo View Post
    i was just gonna post that
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/225/17/
    originally i read the "not he, they" as luffy associating blackbeard with doc instinctually, meaning, blackbeard isnt alone, he has companions here, but now im thinking maybe its more odd than that, that blackbeard is more than one person...
    Interesting....I would love to see how Aohige or Steven would translate the original Japanese of that part.

ONE QUESTION!...... Why the hell is the Admirals giving a shit about the escaping WB pirates and Luffy WHEN THEY HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM ON THEIR HANDS (BB and his Crew)? I just don't understand. Aokji is freaking freezing the water, while Akainu is trying to kill Luffy. They should be trying to attack BB RIGHT NOW.. Who cares about the rest of the WB crew, they no longer pose a threat... the only threat is BB with both DF's. Akainu only cares about killing luffy when he is the strongest Admiral and can possibly match BB

Quote Originally Posted by ponx View Post
    He was out for weeks after fighting croc and lucci. he could be out for months after this. remember: he hasn't had a single rest since Impel Down

2 days after Lucci, but he was awakened by Garp.

3 days after Crocodile.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by dollarmenu View Post
    ONE QUESTION!...... Why the hell is the Admirals giving a shit about the escaping WB pirates and Luffy WHEN THEY HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM ON THEIR HANDS (BB and his Crew)? I just don't understand. Aokji is freaking freezing the water, while Akainu is trying to kill Luffy. They should be trying to attack BB RIGHT NOW.. Who cares about the rest of the WB crew, they no longer pose a threat... the only threat is BB with both DF's. Akainu only cares about killing luffy when he is the strongest Admiral and can possibly match BB
    Akainu takes things one step at a time. Plus there's a chance while he was making his way up to the surface he didn't hear anything or saw what BB did. His expression on the the last page indicates he may draw his attention to BB now.

Also the admirals are smart. BB's wasting time putting on his show so he isn't trying to leave Aokiji is still making sure nobody leaves. It'd make no sense to attack BB and his crew just so all of the WB pirates and NW allies could easily escape.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by projectelf View Post
    "Shiryuu: If this doesn't go according to plan... do we disband? " haha i already love Shiryuu :D

Btw i hope people stop complaining like "uh Oda pulls a Kishimoto, wtf is this 2 devil fruits LOLOL"...Marco stated it too it's impossible for a normal human...so maybe only the D's can achieve it or more likely Blackbeard only...Ace said it too, he lived the life twice. So there's gotta be something wrong with him...
    Blackbeard isn'T a true D, though!

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/1621/92

And the german translation is saying "die alle" which would clearly point to the crew.
    But the german translation is know for being inaccurate.

Discovered Stowaway mickgreen58's Avatar

Just finished reading the chapter on Mangastram.

I am a little confused by the entry "The man who once crossed the seas as the Pirate King".

This is confusing because it seems to make the title "Pirate King" extremely vague. I tend to think that one is Pirate King when he/she obtains One Piece, whatever that happens to be.

Didn't read through the thread, but what the heck was the black cloak that the Blackbeard Pirates used to cover up Whitebeard's body. Maybe the cloak is insignificant but hiding what Teach does is significant?

Quote Originally Posted by dollarmenu View Post
    Well, a lot of the Admirals latest actions were before Blackbeard showed what he could really do. I doubt they took him too seriously before he started wreaking havoc with 2 DF's.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Vixen View Post
    Interesting....I would love to see how Aohige or Steven would translate the original Japanese of that part.
    They just knew that a man like this isn't a normal citizen/pirate.and then that he must have a good crew, since they saw doc Q and Jesus they made the connection between them

Just read this chapter... holy s***! So Blackbeard can nullify Devil Fruit abilities and make them irrelevant in battle PLUS he can actually adquire devil fruit powers from corpses?! He truly just became the strongest being in One Piece o_O!

You've got to be FUCKING with me, Oda......

TWO ABILITIES?!!

*EDIT* I guess this is what Blackbeard meant when he said he was gonna do something that'll shake the world to its core, because I'm definitely shaking now!
    BUY UNCUT ONE PIECE DVDs!!!

M. Night Shyamalan deserves a sound ass-whooping for his crimes against fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender!

Quote Originally Posted by mickgreen58 View Post
    Just finished reading the chapter on Mangastram.

I am a little confused by the entry "The man who once crossed the seas as the Pirate King".

This is confusing because it seems to make the title "Pirate King" extremely vague. I tend to think that one is Pirate King when he/she obtains One Piece, whatever that happens to be.
    Obviously, the person who translated the chapter doesn't read OP.

Aohige's translation is He was the man who clashed with the Pirate King in this ocean long ago.

I can't believe how we went from "weeks of WHOOOA" *MANLY ROARS* to the "weeks of baaaawfest" ;-;

The scene showing Ray-san's tears was simple and yet full of so much. I aways love to see those enemy/friendship relationships of characters. Last week it was Roger and now Rayleigh. I wonder if we'll see Luffy that close with big enemies also (not counting Croc, since it was a beneficial thing for both sides this time)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post
    http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/1621/92

And the german translation is saying "die alle" which would clearly point to the crew.
    But the german translation is know for being inaccurate.
    thanks, its pretty much a direct translation, "its not he" "its they" only thing to note is the "he" and "they" have bulleting by the side to emphasize those words (like putting them in bold or italics)

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralYonkouMt.Bandit Zik View Post
    Akainu takes things one step at a time. Plus there's a chance while he was making his way up to the surface he didn't hear anything or saw what BB did. His expression on the the last page indicates he may draw his attention to BB now.

Also the admirals are smart. BB's wasting time putting on his show so he isn't trying to leave Aokiji is still making sure nobody leaves. It'd make no sense to attack BB and his crew just so all of the WB pirates and NW allies could easily escape.
    Why wouldn't it make sense to let the New World Pirates escape? Who among the New World Pirates is a threat? To me, this is where Sengoku rallies the troops and tells every Marine that Blackbeard should be the focus. This guy just declared war on every One Piece Group in the world. It just really doesn't make sense for the strongest Admiral to pursue Dragon's Son which kind of indicates a lack of leadership among the Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Blackbeard isn'T a true D, though!
    You've said this a couple of times, I am not sure exactly what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sâuza View Post
    They just knew that a man like this isn't a normal citizen/pirate.and then that he must have a good crew, since they saw doc Q and Jesus they made the connection between them
    Aohige pointed out a translation "error" in the Ace BB meeting. He said
    that Ace was saying literatly Teach "lived twice the life" which leads to new interpretations of the sentence. Most translated it with he lived double as long as Ace, but the hidden meaning and foreshadowing could be lost in translation.

This is going to be really interesting to see how this plays out.... I am predicting that someone(Dragon or Shanks) will make their appearance in the next 2-3 chapters that will make BB and his crew retreat because they can't just destroy all of the WG and WB Pirates. For those of you that are saying that the Revolutionaries shouldn't care about BB you are wrong because he is disturbing the balance, and they will definately retailate.

An earthquake might not, but the Yami Yami no mi would.
    Not really. It would make it easier to hurt Luffy but apart from that if anything a gravity pull would probably just increase the strength of Luffy's punches. Of course Luffy has still a long to go to match Blackbeards as far physical power is concerned but once he does I am guessing that Blackbeard will shit himself the way he did when he saw that Whitebeard isn't going down

Being the most wanted man in the world does not make you 2nd strongest in the world. So when the strongest dies he doesn't get bumped to #1.
    I don't think it's even possible in the One Piece universe for someone to be the strongest. They are far too many abilities which balance each other out

You just don't want to admit BB is probably the strongest right now
    Well obviously he is far from the strongest as long as he still has his regular physical body. Now if he manages to steal Jozu or Marco's ability then you might have a real case for him being the strongest but until he has this simple body not so much

Obviously, the person who translated the chapter doesn't read OP.

Aohige's translation is He was the man who clashed with the Pirate King in this ocean long ago.
    So it is basically a translation error? Makes sense.

Can someone tell me whether Akainu blew up the entire area Aokiji froze or just only a part of it so he could get in front of Jimbei?

I'm really wanting to know how the Alliance is going to escape and off the top of my head, I don't think they have anyone that can melt the sea.

I think Blackbeard inadvertently clears the way by using the Gura Gura no mi or maybe even absorbing Ace's body and doing it.

It's pretty safe to say that Blackbeard needs that ice cleared to get away just as much as the Alliance does.

Remember when I brought up the question about how exactly Blackbeard and the Alliance was is going to get to the New World and people said, Blackbeard won't go through Mariejoa? Folks said Mariejoa wasn't an option because it is probably fortified pretty good or else Dragon would have attacked it by now?

Given the event current events, are you all so sure Teach isn't going to go to Mariejoa now? I'd be willing to bet that Mariejoa is probably ole Teach's next stop.

As a matter of fact, I don't think Teach will go to Fishman Island, I think he will bypass it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information