+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ya Can't Ignore My Techno! Shinagamithe3rd's Avatar

Default Neon Genesis Evangelion

Well with all of the news about Evangelion going on Adult Swim (Yes, it's been confirmed, no cheesily edited Eva on Toonami. Thank God.) ADV has liscensed the manga "Neon Genesis Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel", based on the game "Girlfriend of Steel 2". It has been set to begin serialization in ADV's Newtype USA magazine, with the new title "Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days". It will replace "Chrono Crusade" as the manga insert in Newtype USA, which is an american sister publication to Japan's anime magazine, Newtype. Any thoughts or complaints?
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Wow; that's cool, I guess. So, what is it exactly? When in Evangelion does it take place? I don't know if you know, but I just want to make sure.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Wow, Mybe I'll see it some day
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Isn't that about Shinji getting a girlfriend? That is somehow canon despite the fact she's never mentioned or even hinted at in the anime?

Girlfriend of steel looks interesting but it's more of a romance story somehow. I liked the alternate world that was shown in the last ep but I don't think I will like this manga if it's too romance based..

Roronoa Zoro4real

The manga is based off of the alternate world from the perfection known as episode 26. In this world Kaworu goes to school with Shinji, Rei is shy and clumsy, Asuka is Shinji's childhood friend, Shinji doesn't hate everyone and thing,Yui is alive,Gendo is a normal happy guy,Misato is the teacher in Shinji's class, Kaji might be alive(I haven't seen him yet) and there is no such thing as Angels or Eva units. It is considered a romantic comedy and would have been awesome if ADV didn't change the title. Due to the fact that ADV now edit art, it looks like Sasuga Books for me. :P B)

It's a shojo manga. True to its genre, this means it is extremely melodramatic and high on the cheese factor. Not that there isn't a good deal of novelty to be had by seeing the characters from Evangelion acting in highly silly and tittilating ways, but all the same, I'll stick to the anime series.

Are they going to also release it in graphic novels or is it only in the magazine. I'd get GNs but I wouldn't get a magazine subscription just to read one story.

Default Evangelion: REBUILD big new INFO

http://www.darkmirage.com/2006/11/12...elion-project/

neway the highlights of the article

Its going to be crazy. Crazy like the Eva that we love and hate. Apparently, Mr. Anno is working full steam. Hes happy that he can finally recreate Eva as he wanted it to be, because hes no longer limited by the technology of 12 years ago, ergo lots of 3D CG this time. In fact, its so crazy that you will need to watch the first movie at least 3 times to get it. (Or so they say.)
    The first movie will revolve around the events covered in episode 6 of the TV series, basically Operation Yashima where Eva-01 takes down the angel with a positron rifle. That episode did not turn out the way Mr. Anno wanted it to, due to last-decade technical limitations, and he wants to make it right this time. Operation Yashima will be the climax of the first movie. Mr. Shinji Higuchi, the director of Sinking of Japan, will be in-charge of the Yashima portions of the movie.
    NEW characters will be appearing in the second movie. (Please let it be Mana Kirishima!!!)

damn I'm actually really looking forward to Eva again

for like the 6th fucking time

Discovered Stowaway darkpiece150's Avatar

Default Re: Evangelion: REBUILD big new INFO

I'm hoping this rocks >_<

Lupus Inu

EVA never gets old. I don't know the new girl, Girlfriend of Steel I assume?

Another question that I don't think is answered yet, all the original voice cast confirmed?

If this turns out to be good...it will be love at first sight.
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

Disgusting. So incredibly disgusting. Can't wait for this awesomeness.

The fanboy inside me wants to give a mini-rant about changing the logos, but what the Hell.

And question, I suppose I could Wiki it but for everyone's sake.......who the hell is Mana?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Mana was a character from the Girlfriend of Steel video game. She was Shinji's love interest.

Hell yeah, I'm excited about this! This is the best news I've heard in a while.
    Last edited by AWB; November 15th, 2006 at 11:33 PM.

Mana is in, Looks like Shinji is gonna get laid. That should boost Shinji's confidence by a significant margin.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Meh, I gotta admit the temptation to see this is strong but I swore off ever watching any NGE so I must stay strong cause oaths are important to me. XD

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Mana looks like she'll be an interesting character. I might like her over Asuka.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

was she originally intended for the actual series, or was she just a stupid made up charicter for that game? I have mixed feelings on this. If the first movie is a remake of one of the series episodes, how can they just throw in a made up charicter from a side game.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

If Shinji turns emo, then this will automatically suck.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

If Shinji becomes a confident, optimistic, born-leader, this will automatically suck.

I love Shinji. I like how he was created not to appeal to any specific group (Eva was created before emo existed). He wasn't the stereotypical lead character we've seen so many times. He had depression, was socially-challenged, unconfident, and didn't care about being popular or cool. I like how different he was from other characters. He represented how Anno wanted this to be his story and not appeal to those interested in the same kind of story and characters we've seen repeatedly.

I wonder if Splitting of the Breast will get a remake. That's my favorite episode, and I'd love to see that episode get upgraded.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information