Closed Thread
Page 332 of 499 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 9962

Thread: Next Crewmate Discussion (Vol. 4)

Default Re: Next Crewmate Discussion (Vol. 4)

After bringing up that she might lose her title, I really doubt that she's going to get away. Smoker and Sento both witnessed her and we know the Don is possibly making a hit list on the warlords. It be really strange for her to just walk from this.

Though Oda could still do it..

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    I feel like the next crewmate's going to be a fishman, but not Jimbei. Jimbei would really rival Luffy strength wise, which I don't think will happen. I think we'll be introduced to some fishmen on FI and eventually one of them will join the crew. It just kinda looks like Jimbei now because he's around. Like at the start of the Water 7 arc I was thinking Paulie was most likely to join, but then once Franky was fully introduced it became quite evident he would probably be joining.
    It's not only because he's around, but also because of Ace's last wish towards him.

If were looking for a Paulie 2.0, then Hancock will fit the bill nicely if she doesn't join. But here's hoping she does...

im thinkin koby for the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    After bringing up that she might lose her title, I really doubt that she's going to get away. Smoker and Sento both witnessed her and we know the Don is possibly making a hit list on the warlords. It be really strange for her to just walk from this.

Though Oda could still do it..
    Smoker isn't the type of Marine that would run to the higher-ups to tell of Hancock's betrayal. He considers the Shichibukai as mere pirates anyway.

Sentoumaru does let things slip, but my guess is that he would only answer to Vegapunk and Kizaru. We just have to wait and see, as she did destroy more than one Pacifista, which cost the same to make as a Marine Battleship. It could be that she gets involved in the Vegapunk Arc...

I still think it's the World Government who decides what to do with the Shichibukai, the Marines just work with them. The World Government may decide to keep Hancock, even if they do find out about the betrayal....

Buggy Theory/Blackbeard Theory/Perona 4NN
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio

We'll definitly have to see what happens for sure.

I also was thinking, that if Al does get attacked, or that Nyon and Hancock have a real talk, that might reveal more of who Hancock is and her possible dream, which I guesstimate has something to do with Fisher Tiger. When Brooke was introduced we were teased quite a bit before we got the full flashback, reveal thing, so we could possibly get the same thing for Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeity1 View Post
    Smoker isn't the type of Marine that would run to the higher-ups to tell of Hancock's betrayal. He considers the Shichibukai as mere pirates anyway.
    Smoker thinks the Shichibukai are nothing more than pirates. I see no reason for him to hold on information when he can expose a Hancock for what she truly is.

Sentoumaru does let things slip, but my guess is that he would only answer to Vegapunk and Kizaru. We just have to wait and see, as she did destroy more than one Pacifista, which cost the same to make as a Marine Battleship. It could be that she gets involved in the Vegapunk Arc...
    And Sentoumaru is close to Kizaru, so the information could reach the admirals quite easily.

I still think it's the World Government who decides what to do with the Shichibukai, the Marines just work with them. The World Government may decide to keep Hancock, even if they do find out about the betrayal....
    The decision is obviously up to the WG, but I see no reason for the marines to not expose Hancock after her betrayal. Do not forget that, beyond what people saw her doing in Marineford, she also disappeared with an entire battleship telling everybody she was hunting Luffy...

Also, an investigation in Impel Down could also expose her, since Luffy infiltrated the prison the same day Hancock visited, she kept Magellan distracted when Luffy was discovered and finally there's the suspicious temporary loss of visuals when she was being body-checked by Domino. Though there's nothing conclusive in those signs, coupled with Hancock's actions in Marineford it could lead the WG to blame her on the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Redspear View Post
    im thinkin koby for the next one
    No way. Cobby's going to be an admiral someday. Becoming a pirate would crush his dreams.

If were looking for a Paulie 2.0, then Hancock will fit the bill nicely if she doesn't join. But here's hoping she does...
    I think Paulie and Hancock are very different cases. Since I believe her personality is more developed, I'd say Jinbei's the Paulie of this arc (though it doesn't forbid him from getting development and joining during FI arc).

We'll definitly have to see what happens for sure.

I also was thinking, that if Al does get attacked, or that Nyon and Hancock have a real talk, that might reveal more of who Hancock is and her possible dream, which I guesstimate has something to do with Fisher Tiger. When Brooke was introduced we were teased quite a bit before we got the full flashback, reveal thing, so we could possibly get the same thing for Hancock.
    My guess is that Hancock has some kind of dream from her childhood days. Also, the fact that she has a love/hate relationship to Nyon, despite Nyon saving her and her sisters and leading them back to AL, may mean that there's more to their relationship than what we know now.

I mean: Hancock's always blaming Nyon for leaving AL while she was empress... could it be because Hancock herself had some dream related to the wider world but Nyon was trying to keep her in AL, thus making Hancock resent her "foster mother"? It's wild speculation, I know, but there may be a motive for Hancock's aggressive stance in the presence of Nyon.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

I also was thinking, that if Al does get attacked, or that Nyon and Hancock have a real talk, that might reveal more of who Hancock is and her possible dream, which I guesstimate has something to do with Fisher Tiger.
    It's true she owes a great debt to Fisher Tiger but he's dead. It's quite clear that she doesn't have any ambition or goal other than to love Luffy. When's the last time she spoke or thought about anything other than Luffy since she fell in love with him? I, personally, can't she this changing....

Buggy Theory/Blackbeard Theory/Perona 4NN
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio

Quite possible Deicide, which we may see sometime after the flashback is finished, just gotta wait and see, though we should be careful not to confuse things with foreshadowing or importance.

I'm going to compare Hancock to Brooke again for a moment. When he was first introduced we knew how he lost his shadow and that he was trying to get back to Laboon, we knew the beginning and the end for his character before we had the full on flashback, while their different of course, Hancock seems to be getting the same treatment imo of course.

We know she was a slave and we know that she became empress, but we don't know anything that happens in the middle, which is what a potential flashback would probably use to give her a dream and such. Perona and Jinbei (for the most part) don't have this. I personally am quite interested in that middle ground of Hancock's past, she didn't just become empress when she came back, I want to know what happen between that and getting captured, that's where we'll learn about her character.

If we even get the flashback though...

Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeity1 View Post
    It's true she owes a great debt to Fisher Tiger but he's dead. It's quite clear that she doesn't have any ambition or goal other than to love Luffy. When's the last time she spoke or thought about anything other than Luffy since she fell in love with him? I, personally, can't she this changing....
    I don't want to get into crack theorycrafting, but Jinbei could expand on this. For all we know Fisher Tiger could just be hiding. I could be (and probably am) wrong, but it's something to consider.

Nyon wouldn't have been on the island before Hancock was a slave. My guess is that she uses the fact the Nyon left to avoid from being seen ads vulnerable, however, since give her something to sympathize with and allow her to be vulnerable

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I seriously don't get how Hancock keeps being supported even though she doesn't even count as a "FORMER BOSS CHARACTER!!" at all.

Furthermore, I don't get how people can just ignore the island and dwell on trivial matters like the nonsense present.

Am I the only sane one here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kami_Sama View Post
    Nyon wouldn't have been on the island before Hancock was a slave. My guess is that she uses the fact the Nyon left to avoid from being seen ads vulnerable, however, since give her something to sympathize with and allow her to be vulnerable
    I'm talking about the time between her escape from slavery and becoming empress. She and her sisters met Nyon back then, and Nyon took care of her and brought them back to Amazon Lily. So, why would Hancock be so hostile towards Nyon, if Nyon did nothing but good things to her? The current answer is that Nyon abandoned Amazon Lily, but since that allowed her to help Hancock and the later empress forgave Nyon, why would Hancock dwel on such small thing?

Quote Originally Posted by AGOG View Post
    I seriously don't get how Hancock keeps being supported even though she doesn't even count as a "FORMER BOSS CHARACTER!!" at all.
    Because what happens in the story is more important than a rumor that may or may not be true or whose meaning may have been lost in the translation from japanese to english, or from Oda's original words, if any.

Furthermore, I don't get how people can just ignore the island and dwell on trivial matters like the nonsense present.
    Because in the future things may change, and the present makes the future.

Am I the only sane one here?
    While I question the sanity of almost everyone around here, we can all agree that you're just the most insane of all.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Just wait a couple months and all of those posts won't even matter. Possibly even laugh harder at them when Oda lays down the hammer.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

We're all insane, we are fighting on an internet forum about ficitional characters in a Japanese Comic book..

Zik: I think we'll all laugh...I know I will..

We're all insane, we are fighting on an internet forum about ficitional characters in a Japanese Comic book..

Who's fighting? I'm just expressing my opinion and wasting my time, though I do question my sanity for coming back here again and again.

So do I..but after all this time..I just want to see this through to the end. I'm curious to what the people's reactions will be when it's finally done and over with.

Deicide: What did you think of my post a few things up? The long one..

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Next Crewmate Discussion (Vol. 4)

It's not really fighting if you're using some type of reasonable logic in relation to the One Piece story. You know getting a sense for how somethings operate instead of just saying "Oda is soooo unpredictable, anything can happen!"

I'd say this is worse than mere fghting on a forum. It's like almost everyone here is secretly Usoppwithapushopop.
    I laughed at it initially. Then I realized some ppl were serious. Then they kept going and going until they routinely devoured the thread along with some other crazies. I guess in the end I may have more pity for them than hubris.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    One of the things I look for when judging who the next crewmember may be is personality. This is due to the law of conservation of detail: every detail is important. A character's personality will be as complex as the role he will play in the story. The two extremes are the protagonist, who has the most complex personality and backstory, and a mook (random fodder), who has no personality or personal background.

To be a protagonist, a character needs a well-developed personality. Personality also impacts the charisma of the character and the chance that he will be likable to the readers. It goes beyond quirks and motivations: a well-developed character will interact with other characters in amusing and believable ways. Plus, characters evolve over time, so some quirks lose importance or change; a character created entirely around a few quirks but a shallow personality may not be suitable to be a protagonist.

It's my opinion that Hancock's personality is the most well-developed of all candidates right now. Her behavior and interaction with other characters are really interesting and any reader quickly catches her quirks and associates them with her. Also, she has equal potential for both dramatic and comedic scenes.

An overview of Hancock's personality:

Hidden:
    Overall:
    - Never smiles unless it's a cruel smile or when Luffy's around, otherwise keeps a cold, distant facade;
    -Treats people other than those that gained her friendship (her sisters, Luffy) coldly, as if everyone was her subordinate;
    - Hides her emotions and fears to show any kind of weakness;
    - Has for some reason a love/hate relationship with her surrogate mother (Nyon).

Reckognizable Quirks:
    - "Looks down on others";
    - Kicks cute animals in her path and asks whoever left them there to be more careful;
    - Uses her charm to manipulate or distract people;
    - Loves Luffy madly and blindly despite his obliviousness, becoming really sweet and timid in his presence.

Catchphrases:
    - "Even if I do <insert heinous thing here>, I will always be forgiven. It's because I am beautiful";
    - "Who had the nerve to put a <insert cute animal> in my path?"
    - "He called me Hancock again! "

Anything I forgot? Any corrections? I tried to only put things that are clear in the manga, avoiding to put anything that could be open to interpretation.

I'd like to see other people do it for their favorite candidates as well... Anyone willing to do so?
    Continuing my post, here's an overview of Jinbei's personality. Again, I tried to only put things that are clear in the manga, avoiding to put anything that could be open to interpretation.

If I forgot anything, please comment.

Overall:
    - Has a serious, calm demeanor most of the time;
    - Defends those that he respects and is willing to go to extremes to protect them;
    - Loves his homeland;
    - Unlike most fishmen, he's rational and compassionate.

Reckognizable Quirks:
    - ??? (really, I can't remember anything here... help me with this one)

Catchphrases:
    - "I will do <insert noble cause here> even if it costs my life." Variation: "I've decided to throw away my life to do <insert noble cause here>".

Only real quirk I can think of Jinbei is that he seems to always wants to throw his life away.

Only real quirk I can think of Jinbei is that he seems to always wants to throw his life away.
    Unless it becomes some kind of recurring joke, I don't call that a quirk, but a feature linked to what I described as "Defends those that he respects and is willing to go to extremes to protect them"

To me a quirk is more like a visual gag or a recurring behavior that will impact his decisions or may become a weakness. We don't know yet if his "suicidal streak" is due to the events of the war, or if he treats everything in his life that way.

Examples of Strawhat quirks:

Luffy: Always hungry; loves to eat meat and recover strength from it; absent-minded; Don't assimilate complicate information, simplifying it whenever possible ("Oh, I get it! It's a mysterious <something>").

Zoro: Poor sense of direction, and yet always arrives in the right place at the right time; blames others when he gets lost ("Where is everyone? THose guys are a pain in the ass"); Always puts his bandana when he's about to fight seriously.

Sanji: Never hits women; Flirts with any women he mets whenever possible;

Usopp: Coward, tries to avoid conflict whenever possible; Lies about his feats.

And so on...
    Last edited by Deicide; May 9th, 2010 at 11:46 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information