Closed Thread
Page 304 of 499 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 9962

Thread: Next Crewmate Discussion (Vol. 4)

Default Re: Next Crewmate Discussion (Vol. 4)

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea View Post
    Magellan was nowhere as cool-headed as Momonga. He can be affected easily. And Hancock could still take down Momonga if she wanted at that time without petrificating him.
    I can't wait for the scene in which Hancock fights someone strong and the Mero Mero Merrow doesn't work because either the target:

a) Snaps out of charm a second before she launches the attack and simply dodges it (most strong fighters);

b) Uses something to cloud his pervert thoughts and become immune (most experienced fighters);

c) Is just too badass to fall for such petty tricks (most of the big powers of the world).

If you think Magellan would just be petrified without a fight, sir, you are a big fool.

-------------------------

And about fame, Luffy is known as:

- The son of dragon;
    - The first ever in history to trash Enies Lobby;
    - The first ever to infiltrate Impel Down and escape alive, bringing over 200 prisoners with him.

And, if a Shichibukai joins his crew, it won't be people saying: "Oh, Shichibukai X is coming", but "Strawhat Luffy is coming, and a Shichibukai is in his crew!".

Whoever underestimates him and overestimates the Shichibukai a fool. Even the Shichibukai, as strong as they are, are seen as sellouts or fools by some.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

What's the point in introducing the rookie Supernovas if Luffy's crew's gonna end up breaking the rookie pattern before even entering the New World.

- The son of dragon;
    - The first ever to infiltrate Impel Down and escape alive, bringing over 200 prisoners with him.

And, if a Shichibukai joins his crew, it won't be people saying: "Oh, Shichibukai X is coming", but "Strawhat Luffy is coming, and a Shichibukai is in his crew!".

Whoever underestimates him and overestimates the Shichibukai a fool. Even the Shichibukai, as strong as they are, are seen as sellouts or fools by some.
    The Shichibukai are known as a balance power in the world. They are famous all over the seas. Luffy was still concidered Rookie when he got to Sabaody, what has changed since then, other than turning out to be someone famous's son?

Pardon the possibly disrespectful comparision, but when was the last time Usama bin Laden's son was concidered a major threat?

The New World is an area with totally diffrent strength level from the other half with totally diffrent natural phenomenon. I don't think anyone who has not seen the true world (Mihawk's words), the true nightmare (Moria's words) can be experienced enough to not be considered a "rookie". Rookie or not is about experience, IMHO.
    I guess the definition is subjective. An experienced pirate may still consider Luffy a rookie, but doesn't there need to be some middle ground. I don't believe the next step on the ladder above "rookie" is "seasoned" pirate.

Either way, my statement was that the Marines no longer consider Luffy a rookie, and the Marines are the ones that essentially build the infamy of a pirate. Of course, if a pirate does something big enough, word will get around, but the Marines are the ones who generally put information in the Newspapers and set bounties indicating how "threatening" a pirate is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by herr_sebbe View Post
    What's the point in introducing the rookie Supernovas if Luffy's crew's gonna end up breaking the rookie pattern before even entering the New World.
    The point was to show that there are other ambitious new pirates out on the sea just like Luffy and his crew. I imagine that a few of them will gain Emperor status later in the story (*cough* Law, Kid *cough*) but others will probably just not make it and may be used to show case the strength of the New World and/or one of the current Emperors (*cough* Capone Bege *cough*)
    Last edited by freedom; April 26th, 2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: *cough* - These statements are purely speculation and should not be taken very seriously. ^_^
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Considering Luffy had already defeated two Shichibukai, trashed Enies Lobby and defeated Rob Lucci, I think he was way ahead of the other Supernovas when they were introduced in the story...
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Magellan would be petrified before he even knew a fight was going to happen.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

The Shichibukai are known as a balance power in the world. They are famous all over the seas. Luffy was still concidered Rookie when he got to Sabaody, what has changed since then, other than turning out to be someone famous's son?

Pardon the possibly disrespectful comparision, but when was the last time Usama bin Laden's son was concidered a major threat?
    do you not notice that all the big shots, from every shichibukai to even teh admirals were all anxious and wanted to see this Rookie pirate. Every time Luffy is shown arriving even when he arrived with all the impel down guys we have the admirals and shichibukai commenting on "oh so that's Luffy, the guy i hear so much about"

He was huge before this war, and after this war with showing up and surviving and what he did puts him even higher. and then even now with his dad being announced. if a warlord joins his crew, people won't be going ape shit because their is a warlord int aht crew. They will be going apeshit like "how the hell did a rookie pirate get a warlord to follow him, and wow he even got a warlord to follow him"

It will still be all about Luffy. Like when Urogue commented on how he was surprised zoro woudl follow anyone. a warlord joining will only bring up luffy's fame, in no way woudl it shadow it.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I can't wait for the scene in which Hancock fights someone strong and the Mero Mero Merrow doesn't work because either the target:

a) Snaps out of charm a second before she launches the attack and simply dodges it (most strong fighters);

b) Uses something to cloud his pervert thoughts and become immune (most experienced fighters);

c) Is just too badass to fall for such petty tricks (most of the big powers of the world).

If you think Magellan would just be petrified without a fight, sir, you are a big fool.

-------------------------
    Well, how about she request the Warden to go out to meet her instead of entering level 4 to meet him, and suddenly release her beam when Magellan first met her? He may even get petrificated before he know anything. Even if he can react quickly and use pain to prevent his pervert thought, he would lose some seconds, and some seconds is enough for Hancock to use her Slave Arrow and petrificate him. I said that Hancock had high posibility to defeat the perverted Magellan. If I am correct I never said she can easily defeat him with just Mero Mero Merrow.

- The son of dragon;

Well, Buggy was considered the mastermind of the incident in Impel Down as well. You don't need to be super strong to penetrate or make a ruckus in Impel Down. The fact is Luffy was defeated easily by Magellan. No one messed with Enies Lobby before isn't because it it not easy to defeat for NW pirates level, but because doing so challenge the WG too much. Being son of Dragon mean he has high potential, but he is too young, and those who watched the war know that he is too weak (as Kizaru said).
    So, I think, the NW pirates won't be afraid of Luffy's current strength, but his will or Sovereign Haki.
    Last edited by Sea; April 26th, 2010 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralYonkouMt.Bandit Zik View Post
    Magellan would be petrified before he even knew a fight was going to happen.
    Since you're talking in absolutes, I deny it. Show me proof or your statement is just biased opinion.

So, I think, the NW pirates have no reason to admired Luffy's current strength, just his will or Sovereign Haki.
    The government is covering the escape of level 6 prisoners. To cover the escape of Luffy & co. is futile since they appeared in live television!

Cool Re: Next Crewmate Discussion (Vol. 4)

Since you're talking in absolutes, I deny it. Show me proof or your statement is just biased opinion.
    Nothing biased at all. All those times Magellan was swanning over Hancock indicates that he can be petrified. So all Hancock would have to do is pull that cute shit again and petrify him to avoid a fight altogether.

Are you saying Magellan can not be petrified or would most likely not be petrified? Cuz this statement isn't making much sense:
    Even after the 3 ways to avoid petrification you speculated about.

It's called making the enemy lower his defenses so you could get one over on them. are you saying Hancock can't do that? She showed she could most of her time at ID. She even manage to get the whole lvl 6 in an uproar distracting Magellan so she could talk to Ace. Instead of that she could've just petrified everybody. She did it to Domino and she didn't even get infatuated with her.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Beyond Capabilities undead_assault's Avatar

hmmm, @The Sea, if your reason is a shichibukai couldn't join SH because he/she is too imba and will disturb the balance of the 3 great powers, then Luffy himself has already defeated 2 of them and even WB erased Moria. Also SH isn't part of the 3 great powers.
    hmmm, I'm not using any lame signature

Nothing biased at all. All those times Magellan was swanning over Hancock indicates that he can be petrified. So all Hancock would have to do is pull that cute shit again and petrify him to avoid a fight altogether.
    Magellan was considered her an ally and she was using seastone cuffs, so he had a lot of reason to let his guard down. Put her as a threat, and he would not make the same mistake.

Are you saying Magellan can not be petrified or would most likely not be petrified? Cuz this statement isn't making much sense:
    Even after the 3 ways to avoid petrification you speculated about.
    I'm saying that it's dumb for all of you to think that just because Hancock is powerful it means she can just walk over one the world's strongest fighters with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by undead_assault View Post
    hmmm, @The Sea, if your reason is a shichibukai couldn't join SH because he/she is too imba and will disturb the balance of the 3 great powers, then Luffy himself has already defeated 2 of them and even WB erased Moria. Also SH isn't part of the 3 great powers.
    Well, the thing is, Usopp always have to be the weakest, as oda stated. And Luffy and Zoro, IMO, always have to be the strongest. The balance I mentioned is the balance in the crew.

Cool Re: Next Crewmate Discussion (Vol. 4)

Magellan was considered her an ally and she was using seastone cuffs, so he had a lot of reason to let his guard down. Put her as a threat, and he would not make the same mistake.
    So you're working under the stipulation that she's a threat? It's funny cuz you give that situation to Oda I bet Magellan would still be swanning over like a sucka and end up getting petrified anyway. He'd probably wouldn't even want to fight her
    I'm saying that it's dumb for all of you to think that just because Hancock is powerful it means she can just walk over one the world's strongest fighters with ease.
    Magellan is one of the world's strongest fighters? When was this said? Dude just took a couple punches from Luffy and has a deadly ability. When did we see him demonstrate his strength? He spends his time taking shits all day and torturing prisoners in cells, chained up(some with sea stone handcuffs) just to shut them up. What's "world's strongest" title worthy about that?

Also I don't know why you consider the petrification that much apart of her fighting prowess to exaggerate with "walk over" She has a hax DF ability. I don't really consider her petriying ppl before a fight an actual fight. It's an instant kill ability. We saw how Oda walked on that thin line during the war when he had her petrifying parts of ppl's bodies and attacking those areas.

Quite frankly Oda's probably not going to flesh out her DF to your liking where she's suddenly no longer a hax ability user and just throw her in to the Perona category where you can keep speculating alternatives to circumvent her ability. Calling ppl fools because you have difference of opinion is ill advised but go ahead if you want.
    Last edited by Zik; April 26th, 2010 at 11:06 AM.
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    I can be stronger than Boodle? Joy.
    Even in real life you can defeat the world's strongest man using your wit. And if you are a talented fighting you can outskill him. I never said women is less talented in fighting than men.
    Well, Zephos, why can't you give a easy atmostphere when we discuss. I remmembered that in the genderbender illustration in SBS, Oda had female Zoro say that she won't use Santoryuu because it will broke her teeth. Is that enough of a point for my argument?

Luffy : Eat salada, and i'll become the pirate king!!
    Zoro : santouryu? No way, i'll break my teeth
    Nami : I ask you who is this ship's navigator
    Chopper : Doctor! Ah! It's me!
    Sanji : I'm specialize on sweets
    Usopp: Looks like i'll die if i go to that island
    Robin: You're doing a mean thing
    Franky: This week, i'm super?

They talk like a woman, and Nami and Robin talk like man
    Last edited by Sea; April 26th, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Zik, while your "brick wall" method of argumentating is infuriating, your "I'll acknowledge only what I want, fuck everything that contradicts my instance" even worse.

He'd probably wouldn't even want to fight her
    After we see how seriously he takes his job? Oh, yeah, I can totally see Magellan just ignoring the threat to Impel Down and letting Hancock petrify him.

Magellan is one of the world's strongest fighters? When was this said?
    When you have an entire cadre of powerful fighters, including Jinbei, Luffy, Crocodile and Ivankov running away from a guy who resisted Luffy's Gear 2nd, Luffy's attacks enhanced with Mr. 3's wax and several prisoners attacking him with cannons, I can be sure that Magellan is one of the deadliest fighters in the world ("strongest" doesn't mean just physical strength). Every arc except Impel Down has Luffy triumphant over his enemy. Magellan went undefeated until he was somehow defeated off-panel by (probably) a gang of 10 men including five level 6 prisoners led by a guy who can negate DF abilities.

But I know you will just ignore all of that and throw in some "logic" that makes Magellan look like a pansie.

Quite frankly Oda's probably not going to flesh out her DF to your liking where she's suddenly no longer a hax ability user and throw her in to the Perona category where you can keep speculating alternatives to circumvent her ability.
    I don't care discussing it anymore. The answer will probably come in-story, and sooner than we think.

So you're working under the stipulation that she's a threat? It's funny cuz you give that situation to Oda I bet Magellan would still be swanning over like a sucka and end up getting petrified anyway. He'd probably wouldn't even want to fight her
    Magellan is one of the world's strongest fighters? When was this said? Dude just took a couple punches from Luffy and has a deadly ability. When did we see him demonstrate his strength? He spends his time taking shits all day and torturing prisoners in cells, chained up(some with sea stone handcuffs) just to shut them up. What's "world's strongest" title worthy about that?

Also I don't know why you consider the petrification that much apart of her fighting prowess to exaggerate with "walk over" She has a hax DF ability. I don't really consider her petriying ppl before a fight an actual fight. It's an instant kill ability. We saw how Oda walked on that thin line during the war when he had her petrifying parts of ppl's bodies and attacking those areas.

Quite frankly Oda's probably not going to flesh out her DF to your liking where she's suddenly no longer a hax ability user and just throw her in to the Perona category where you can keep speculating alternatives to circumvent her ability. Calling ppl fools because you have difference of opinion is ill advised but go ahead if you want.
    deadly ability just like WB's ability and since WB was consider the strongest man in the world, consider Magellan's fruit with his fairly good durability after taking a gigant stomp with wax by Luffy and still standing, considering him "one of the strongest" is not so far off
    Visit One Piece Anime Megaupload At:http://one-piece-anime-megaupload.blogspot.com/

Zik, while your "brick wall" method of argumentating is infuriating, your "I'll acknowledge only what I want, fuck everything that contradicts my instance" even worse.
    You've doomed the next two pages to Zik and The Sea's bitching.

people call you a fool because you talk in absolutes. when you state something, you state it as being the only thing that could happen. you state that magellan would be petrified as its fact. thats what makes you a fool

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    You've doomed the next two pages to Zik and The Sea's bitching.
    This thread is doomed anyway.

Law, looking at Luffys hat while having to listen to all those dumb comments coming from his horny and immature crewmates... There he sits, seriously thinking about just dismissing the whole bunch of 'em all and join Luffy.

Closed Thread

Thread Information