85 26.23%
  • None?

20 6.17%
  • Both?

30 9.26%
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Franky vs. Paulie II: REVOTED~!

Unhappy

Ok, old topic, new start. You know the dealio, no bashing or petty fanboy bickering, ect! keep it civil folks.

~Original Poll results - Started February 14/Closed July 10~

Kno©kin' Øn He@vên'§ ?oo® Slowymobile's Avatar

I reckon Franky will stay at water7 and help iceberg rebuilt it or somethign like that

Thanks terri for the awesome sig!! Your awesome!!

I think my opinion is randomly know here. I think Franky will join. I leave like that. I´ll lay back and wait for the end of the arc to prove who was right and who wrong. :D

Edit: I´m not nitpicking, but since we´ve already seen both of them in the anime would anime pics of them be better then? ;)

Nope, I think that's just fine. :)

Edit: But If you'd like to submit a 'vs.' anime pic, I'll put it up. I'm not really fussed. ;)

Well there´s three problems that make it impossible for me to do such a thing:

1. I´m not that good with graphic programms.

2. If I would be the version I have of episode 237 won´t run on Windows Media Player so I could take no screen caps of Franky.

3. I´ve deleted all the previous episodes (other then 234 and 236) so I don´t have any good Paulie screen caps either.

So it appears that I won´t be able to do such a thing. Sorry. :(

I'd like Franky to join because he's probably the most bizzare character Oda's come up with, and it would be a waste if he only became a rarely-appearing character after that.

Paulie's OK, but he hasn't done anything really impressive. Yet.

I don't think either of them will join at this point. Franky is too crazy, Paulie is too bland (atleast at this point).. it's just my gut feeling it's gonna be someone else, a surprise altogether.

(i must add though that I hope Franky will join, and that if I knew one of them would join, my guess would be Paulie.. hope that makes sense lol)
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

Not to be rude or nothin', but why is there a new one and was it approved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

It's been more than 5 months since that poll was taken, I would think given the most recent chapters, opinions may have shifted since Solid's original thread in February (what's that, 20-30 chapters?). I brought up the possibility of a re-vote in the future and SHL suggested to make a new thread, in which I did.

Sorry I didn't clear it with you first Buc. :)

Mah bad, I just read the old thread, too. Carry on.

IloveFrankyandmybloodpressurewillnotloweruntilhejo ins
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

I'm still rooting for Paulie. Like I said elsewhere, I feel that Franky's personality and character design would overshadow the entire crew far too often. Paulie's got the right look and has shown a few neat character traits.. He just needs to do something to reconvince former Paulie supporters that he is still in the running since he's pretty much nothing more than a background character right now.

I'm still hoping on Franky joining, and I've played plenty of little scenarios out in my head to try and convince myself it'll be okay. Things like I'm not so sure if Paulie would want to leave Galley-La after everything that's happened, since it would be weakened by two of their better employees leaving (Kaku and Lucci). And also, about Franky's dream ship.. maybe it's something he can't build right away, ya' know? But maybe with the resources he'll have access to once Luffy becomes the Pirate King and gains all of that wealth, fame, and power Roger talked about, he would be able to. I'm not sure if he's heard Luffy say his Pirate King line yet (someone correct me if he has), but maybe when he does, it'll click in his head that he could achieve his dream along with him.

I have no idea if anything like those have been mentioned before since I never read much of the old thread, and yeah, I know things can be twisted to support Paulie too (like the Franky Family and Franky helping out Galley-La or Franky being able to build his ship right there), but, like I said, I'm just trying to reassure myself that Franky's got a good chance.

I still vote Paulie. If it's going to be either of them, I still feel it would be him.

Just because Paulie hasn't had a moment to shine in a while doesn't mean he won't get one.

I say both. And none.

I still want both to join, Because they are just alltime favorite characters. If it came down to it, I'd say that Franky will join, because If both join, I don't think they'd need two Shipwights. But it increases Luffy's vision of having 10 crewmates, All they would need left is a musician. Franky has alot more experience with being a shipwight, since he did help build the Sea-train and worked with one of the best Shipwights ever, Tom. I mean, Franky is a cyborg and can do alot of manuvers with fighting, but with Paulie, the only attack that we've seen him do is Rope action. Unless paulie brings out some new tricks sooner, My vote will shift to franky.
    Signature removed because file size exeeded the limit.
    Thanks to Jeece for the sig.

Forever AP's resident Blue Fuzzy Hat Wearer

id he joins, he will be one of the most unique memebrs and we actually got to see him fight luffy, so we know for sure he is strong, plus he did screw their relationship with usopp up. So he has cause alot of chaos unlike ne other crew memebr has ..besdies robin i guess who didnt cause TOO much commotion before she joined

AFRo D. LuFFy

Franky should join cause first of all we already got our blonde smoker and thats sanji and whats paulie's dream?Plus I kno that sanji and Paulie will argue about Nami's clothes but u kno what? Zoro already argues with Sanji so it will get old.Besides The straw hats are a unique pirate crew so it will make the crew look stranger than before. The straw hats are kinda different than the other pirates out there and since Franky is so unique he should join.

Also Franky had a interesting past just like the others so He should join not Paulie.Anyway he's already helping the straw hats save Robin so yea he should join :)

I'm all for Franky. Could end up being neither, I suppose. But whoever it turns out to be, I'm sure I'll be happy with it in the end, because I trust that Oda knows what he's doing with his story.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

I really, really want it to be Franky. But it probably won't be. It seems that history might repeat itself for the Straw Hats, with Franky being incredibly cool, yet only making the Pirate King's ship, just like Tom. However, Paulie hasn't really done anything, and we don't know any backstory or ongoing dream of his, so maybe it will be Franky. But it just seems to me like Oda is just thinking up and all crazyh things for Franky to do because they'll have no reprecussions in the future.

Franky's the man so him.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Thread Information