85 26.23%
  • None?

20 6.17%
  • Both?

30 9.26%
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Franky vs. Paulie II: REVOTED~!

Darth Vader

I vote for both because they both are SHP material, have cool fighting techniques, and they all have somebody to leave. Here i will give you guys some examples.

Luffy-Hometown
    Nami-Hometown
    Usopp-Hometown
    Sanji-Baratie Restraunt
    Tony Tony Chopper-Dr. Kureha
    Franky-Franky Family
    Paulie-Galley-La

What i am trying to say here is that a major person from where they lived at had an important part in their group and they still left so why not Franky and Paulie.

Originally posted by e1n@Jul 13 2005, 12:18 AM
    i think we should start making bets. with donuts. winchell's. i wager four donuts on NONE.
    [snapback]88010[/snapback]
    I bet a Sanji's lollipop and 3, no 5 water-gun on Paulie!
    Ah!

Originally posted by Captain Panda@Jul 11 2005, 06:26 PM
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: I don't think either one will join. The ship Franky dreamed of building was supposed to be INVINCIBLE. Hence, neither would need to join if the Straw-Hats get that ship. It's the ultimate bait-and-switch Oda's pulling here...they go in looking for a new crew member and don't get one...with all the other plot twists in this arc, how could it not happen? Unless it's a DOUBLE switch...though then again, it could be said that several of the "candidates" being the enemies, and one enemy being a candidate WAS a "double-switch'...so maybe it'd have to be a triple switch with a cherry on top.
    [snapback]87370[/snapback]
    Well he didn't say he wanted to build an invincible ship. His exact words were "I want to build a ship. A dream ship that can sail to the ends of the earth with pride and ease." I figure he'd want to see his ship do such a thing XD Plus he can't stay in one place now that the gov't knows his whereabouts.

I was just about to say that, Kalei. Two things will happen without a new member.

1. Luffy: har har we had uspop al along!1!!1
    *ships breaks down 5 months later, Usopp freaks out about it being Franky's gift to him or something*

2. Franky: Haha da ship cannah break brudda!
    *ship is shot after Buster Call, a force Franky has yet to experience*

Um, I was also wondering why this was moved to manga. Franky and the Paul are now anime characters as well, and it seems pretty general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by Buccaneer@Jul 12 2005, 06:45 PM
    Um, I was also wondering why this was moved to manga. Franky and the Paul are now anime characters as well, and it seems pretty general.
    [snapback]88022[/snapback]
    Manga is better XD

I think the manga's really better at this point - those who keep up with the anime haven't all the current information and most who watch only the anime would probably have the poll swing towards Paulie (since early on he has much more potential than Franky, I think we can all agree there :P)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Well, I'm not sure I'd say that it's slim to none... remember when Usopp's "flashback" took place. For all we know, we might not see Paulie's until after the arc ends, or close to the end. Oda has to have something in mind for him, something to explain why he's so loyal to Iceburg, and hopefully why he's such a prude and so bad with money. I don't think he'd throw those out there and then not explain them.
    But back then his 'flashbacks' weren't enormous arcing stories that took up half of volumes. I see him realistically putting a page or two in but nothing the likes of which he's come to do. If he did that I think there'd be some kind of revolt. I mean the story would drag like never before and considering Ice isn't even on this journey, it seems highly unlikely that anything will pull Paulie into a large flashback.

Again, anything is possible but from a logical standpoint, it doesn't add up. To me Paulie has become this arc's Wiper, that may change of course.

Originally posted by Buccaneer@Jul 12 2005, 04:45 PM
    [snapback]88022[/snapback]
    it started out in general, then someone moved this here. not me. i just dont wanna start a confusion by moving this back to general.

Mmm...donuts. How about Starbucks too?
    If I were to actually place a bet, it would be on Franky. However, I think I'm more convinced it won't be Paulie than I am that it will be Franky, if that makes sense.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

The only thing that I can think of for Paulie that needs explaining is why he has accumulated such a large debt. One or two panels might be enough to explain that though. I also wonder if the chapters where one of them might join will say The Seventh Member or something like that. If it does, Chopper, Usopp, and Robin still need those.

Originally posted by Korought@Jul 12 2005, 06:38 PM
    I also wonder if the chapters where one of them might join will say The Seventh Member or something like that. If it does, Chopper, Usopp, and Robin still need those.
    [snapback]88126[/snapback]
    hm,

i think this should be sufficient to justify that the the group has seven ESTABLISHED members that will not be replaced.

and if anyone else will join, he's going to be the eighth. :P

oh, and also, see that chain around nico robin? i think that's the chain that luffy is biting in the vol 38 cover.

Well, actually, Zoro is the first and Nami is the second. Sanji was also called the fourth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by Buccaneer@Jul 12 2005, 07:42 PM
    Well, actually, Zoro is the first and Nami is the second. Sanji was also called the fourth.
    [snapback]88173[/snapback]
    oh, right. first member, the captain doesn't count. meh, it's just index shifting. big deal.

i don't agree with the order though. i can't see nami as the 2nd member. she had not established herself as a part of the crew until after arlong. so if luffy were to be given number one, then zoro will have two, usopp three, sanji four, and nami would be the fifth.

but that's just me being picky.

Discovered Stowaway

Originally posted by Kalei+Jul 12 2005, 05:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalei &#064; Jul 12 2005, 05:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Captain Panda@Jul 11 2005, 06:26 PM
    I&#39;ve said it before, I&#39;ll say it again: I don&#39;t think either one will join. The ship Franky dreamed of building was supposed to be INVINCIBLE. Hence, neither would need to join if the Straw-Hats get that ship. It&#39;s the ultimate bait-and-switch Oda&#39;s pulling here...they go in looking for a new crew member and don&#39;t get one...with all the other plot twists in this arc, how could it not happen? Unless it&#39;s a DOUBLE switch...though then again, it could be said that several of the "candidates" being the enemies, and one enemy being a candidate WAS a "double-switch&#39;...so maybe it&#39;d have to be a triple switch with a cherry on top.
    [snapback]87370[/snapback]
    Well he didn&#39;t say he wanted to build an invincible ship. His exact words were "I want to build a ship. A dream ship that can sail to the ends of the earth with pride and ease." I figure he&#39;d want to see his ship do such a thing XD Plus he can&#39;t stay in one place now that the gov&#39;t knows his whereabouts.
    [snapback]88019[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]

You know I was thinking that Franky might want to sail with the them and see if the new ship(if he builds it) with the strawhats as its crew, makes a klabautermann appear again as it did with merry. I have the feeling that a klabautermann might&#39;ve helped franky fix his body when he boarded that run down ship. Maybe he wants to say thanks or something and learn more about them. Or it might even be Paulies dream to find a klabautermann.

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

What follows is an incredibly asinine, pointless hypothesis as to why Franky won&#39;t be able to join the crew.

Traditionally, an editor marks out anything they want removed before the final edit with blue ink. Vivi had blue hair. So does Franky. Duh duh dunh&#33; Oh no, the editor has it in for Franky&#33; That bastard&#33;
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

KillerSteak

Isn&#39;t Paulies jacket blue?

I&#39;m gonna vote Franky but I still think anything could happen.

I get a laugh when somebody&#39;s reason for why somebody will join is "Because I like them more." I&#39;m sorry, Oda will not be swayed by your thoughts. :P

After all, this is who you think will join, not who you want to join. If it was, I&#39;d be voting for both, too...

Pauley just seems to have gone too far into the background to me. I mean, earlier he was one of the key players in what was going on but now he&#39;s just another of the random schmucks on the Puffing Tom going "YEAH&#33; LET&#39;S KICK ASS&#33;" I&#39;m not saying that he can&#39;t get back into the spotlight, because he certainly can, but I do agree with Omae that he seems a lot like a Wiper kind of character.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

I don&#39;t care which pick would be more logical, I&#39;m all for Franky&#33;&#33;

I must say I was all for Paulie at the beginning of the arc, when the Tom Workers flashback ended though it became quite obvious to me that Franky was gonna be the one. He had just too much development in comparison with Paulie, plus as mentioned above it seems Paulie is no more than a background character now.

Prepare! The new age is coming!

Thread Information