+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pirate Summit and Arlong Park Redesign

Default The Pirate Summit and Arlong Park Redesign

Hello everyone!

Today I bring you two announcements. One is a new site. The other is the redesign of a site you may have heard of.

THE PIRATE SUMMIT!

http://www.thepiratesummit.com/

There are a couple of aspects to this new site.

1.) This site will act like a One Piece portal. Sites that this site will link to are Arlong Park, The Unofficial One Piece Podcast, The Grand Line, and Watch One Piece Legally.

2.) Not only will you get links to all these great places, but this site will also act like a blog. Here you will be able to get news, update notifications to the sites, and other exclusive content. You will also be able to get opinions, rants, observations, and much more from all those running the site. You aren't going to want to miss this!

As for what makes this all relevant to the forum is...

THE ARLONG PARK REDESIGN!

This has been planned for a while now, but a bunch of people including myself are working on redesigning the Arlong Park web site. Yes, this forum has a site attached to it (The sketches for the new site's design looks FANTASTIC!). We are aiming for mid-April for this project. Please look forward to it!
    Last edited by J-Sack; January 17th, 2010 at 04:30 PM.

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

Default Re: The Pirate Summit and Arlong Park Redesign

Let's party like it's 2005!

Seriously, I'm glad the main site is getting a face lift. It'll be good for the new fans like it was for me when I got into One Piece.

Yay! This is great! I'm really looking forward to the new design, especially.
    One question, though: Will there be alot of downtime while the site is being changed?

well this sounds exciting. look at all the work you guys are doing.

I got a question, for the blog, is there going to be a note, about what the content is about? Say, a new podcast, or new manga chapter out, or new anime episode? I kinda ask, cause I don't read the manga, and don't wanna get spoiled.

don't get me wrong, I'm not whining. I know this is your site, and your gonna do it the way you'll like. I know I'm in the minority in not reading the manga, so if I have to accommodate myself, I will, just thought I'd ask about it.

Leave it to One Piece fans to try and bring back web rings.

Just what kinds of content will be on the blog? 'cause it seems pretty silly for me to add another bookmark when I've already got all of those sites bookmarked in my bookmarks toolbar. If it's 90% alerts for the other sites, I can't see it being worth the investment.

Arlong Park getting redesigned on the other hand, is exciting.

Cream-of-Chicken: I can't say quite yet how much there will be at this time. Hopefully not.

Captain Usopp: The title of the post will probably explain what the post is about. Still working out some kinks. Past posts will be categorized. For a manga chapter though, the post title will probably say Chapter ### - something. We don't want to spoil anyone and will work carefully on taking care of that. I think the lowest denominator will be those who are only following FUNimation's domestic releases.

Corsair King: I picture this as a place where people will go off the bat to check for updates because then they can check all the sites in one location. As for additional content, it depends what writers want to write about. Not the best answer I know, but I am sure a theme for each writer will be established as they make posts and a pattern for them forms.

GREAT !!

Will the redesign extend to the forum aswell ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    GREAT !!

Will the redesign extend to the forum aswell ?
    Probably not. You've got the Skins thread for that.

It could become a huge success, or a colossal belly-flop. I'm hoping for the former.

For the forums, we will see after the redesign is launched for AP. Right now that is the focus. We don't want to try to do to many things at once, because then quality will take a hit. So look for maybe later in the year.

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair King View Post
    Leave it to One Piece fans to try and bring back web rings.

Just what kinds of content will be on the blog? 'cause it seems pretty silly for me to add another bookmark when I've already got all of those sites bookmarked in my bookmarks toolbar. If it's 90% alerts for the other sites, I can't see it being worth the investment.
    Well it's more a way to coalesce the One Piece community and bring things together. Think of it as a place to read news and op-eds about One Piece. We'll probably hire a bigger staff in the future (right EGX?) so it'll be a portal to see your favorite sites and read news and opinions from the most trusted people in the community.

The podcast, The Pirate Summit, and the new AP are all an effort to conglomerate the One Piece community so we can support the series and make it the most popular anime in the United States, or at least more popular than Bleach.
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

What about the link to One Piece Wikia
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Well I'm assuming that the staff want Arlong Park to be a hit again by trying to improve the information on the site and to include OP Wikia as a link would be counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Suave Debonair View Post
    Well I'm assuming that the staff want Arlong Park to be a hit again by trying to improve the information on the site and to include OP Wikia as a link would be counter-productive.
    Prehaps so.

(Sixteen characters)
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Finally the park gets a facelift. A few questions.

- So what more are we to expect in this change?
    - Who's involved in the development?
    - Will the forum have any down time in April during the transfer?
    - Are any of the many requests being considered towards the change?
    - Can we get a sneak peak of some of the design idea's?
    - What's the biggest change that'll have bearing on the current members?

Cheers.

Note: Great idea, can't wait to see the new lease of life.
    Last edited by SMUDGE; January 17th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

You guys should run by us what you're planning before you launch this. I personally did prefer the HTML based AP from 2005 to the wiki, primarily because the wiki is so difficult to organize, but if you're going to go to another wiki format that could be like swapping apples for oranges.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by SMUDGE View Post
    Finally the park gets a facelift. A few questions.

- So what more are we to expect in this change?
    New site, layout, more content, frequent updates, etc. We are looking at what the fans want as well as what we think will help the community in general.

- Who's involved in the development?
    Right now there are only a few and we plan to expand. We are still in the process of getting those we plan to have aboard, on board. Right now you can see a couple listed on the Pirate Summit page.

- Will the forum have any down time in April during the transfer?
    The forums will not be effected as far the site itself goes. Afterwards, I can't say for sure yet because it isn't the main focus, but I don't plan to have the forums to have down time.

- Are any of the many requests being considered towards the change?
    Of course! This is for the community. In fact, we urge requests be sent to piratesummit@gmail.com!

- Can we get a sneak peak of some of the design idea's?
    Nope, not at this moment in time. But it does look good!

- What's the biggest change that'll have bearing on the current members?
    I can only say that there will not be a drop in quality in the slightest.
    Last edited by J-Sack; January 17th, 2010 at 06:47 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGamerX View Post
    New site, layout, more content, frequent updates, etc. We are looking at what the fans want as well as what we think will help the community in general.

Right now there are only a few and we plan to expand. We are still in the process of getting those we plan to have aboard, on board. Right now you can see a couple listed on the Pirate Summit page. We also have the Dude involved.

The forums will not be effected as far the site itself goes. Afterwards, I can't say for sure yet because it isn't the main focus, but I don't plan to have the forums to have down time.

Of course! This is for the community. In fact, we urge requests be sent to piratesummit@gmail.com!

Nope, not at this moment in time. But it does look good!

I can only say that there will not be a drop in quality in the slightest.
    Thank you for the detailed reply.

Judging by the sounds of things it'll be top notch. Either way I can't wait to see it reach fruition.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Suave Debonair View Post
    I haven't looked at the OP section on wiki; is it really that bad?

Sweet this really sounds like a great plan! I am going to help the best I can by telling others!
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

So, the Pirate Summit does exist.

Seriously, this sounds really cool. Already bookmarked it and all.
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information