+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo: Reach

Default Re: Halo: Reach

Quote Originally Posted by ZeArmyOfHalen View Post
    Right on ! :D

I noticed you're a fairly new member here, didn't expect a Bungie fan such as myself to join.
    I'd advise you to "go dark" if you don't want anymore spoilers on the game and end up ruining the campaign for you.
    Ya, I know what you mean. The only spoilers I get are from bungie. But ya, It is nice to see other people who are hardcore gamers on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prower View Post
    Ya, I know what you mean. The only spoilers I get are from bungie. But ya, It is nice to see other people who are hardcore gamers on here.

I'd be careful using that term around here, otherwise a bunch of fanboys will flood the thread saying HALO IS NOT HARDCORE ITS FOR DOUCHEBAGS LOL

It's not that we're "hardcore" gamers at all, you still have the guys playing Starcraft II and core-mainstream Japanese titles, it's just that most members here prefer the Eastern side of the videogame industry: Nintendo, Sony, etc.

And Halo being either overrated/overhyped/overHATED does not help much, either. I guess these people got tired of hearing about Halo but not about the 500th Final Fantasy, 26th Pokemon or the 132th Street Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeArmyOfHalen View Post
    I'd be careful using that term around here, otherwise a bunch of fanboys will flood the thread saying HALO IS NOT HARDCORE ITS FOR DOUCHEBAGS LOL

It's not that we're "hardcore" gamers at all, you still have the guys playing Starcraft II and core-mainstream Japanese titles, it's just that most members here prefer the Eastern side of the videogame industry: Nintendo, Sony, etc.

And Halo being either overrated/overhyped/overHATED does not help much, either. I guess these people got tired of hearing about Halo but not about the 500th Final Fantasy, 26th Pokemon or the 132th Street Fighter.
    I'll make sure to do that. Thanks for the heads up. I kinda figured it was Eastern based just based off what this forum is based off of. :)

I can't wait for the release of this game!!! And the forge-mode is gonna be epic!

Yes indeed, Forge 2.0 is gonna be amazing. Can't wait to see what I can make with it, I hated using Forge in Halo 3 but it looks like it'll be much easier in Reach, and some remakes will ship with the game inside the huge-ass map Forge World: Sanctuary, Ascension, Lockout, Blood Gulch, etc.

Kinda old but sweet and informative IGN video showcasing the Armory

[youtube]mwRAgalWTXo[/youtube]
    Last edited by GuetaMinute; July 31st, 2010 at 03:53 AM.

I'm just curious if you can forge on other maps then forge world.

Quote Originally Posted by Prower View Post
    I'm just curious if you can forge on other maps then forge world.
    I hope so, because even though forge world is so big It will get boring eventually.

Halo...hardcore....each to their own I suppose.

Anywho. While I have no intention of touching Halo: Reach or anything I thought this was pretty cool:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-in-Halo-Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Halo...hardcore....each to their own I suppose.

Anywho. While I have no intention of touching Halo: Reach or anything I thought this was pretty cool:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-in-Halo-Reach
    I already explained that, lol.

It's relative, really. I use the term "hardcore" to describe mainstream popular but quality franchises, even if I don't like them, like Nintendo's Mario, Zelda, Metroid, MS's Halo, Gears, and Fable, Sony's Uncharted, Killzone, and God of War.

I don't use it for reference to any 360/PS3 game.

And yes, that's pretty cool. You also get a visual flair for having played Halo 2. And if you own a 360 and have no intention on touching Reach, you're definitely missing out, even if you're NOT a fan of FPS.

I just take the term hardcore gamers who literally breath games, own all or most of the platforms and play far too much. Or just play too much. You could have a Hardcore Farmville player or a casual WOW player.

I don't own a 360. I have a gaming quality PC, a PS3 and a Wii. So unless I wanna play Alan Wake (I don't) I have no need to get one.

I'm not a fan of FPS in general really so I'm not really interested in this game

When I said hardcore gamers in my previous statement, I meant people who take games seriously. Thank you.

I just take the term hardcore gamers who literally breath games, own all or most of the platforms and play far too much. Or just play too much. You could have a Hardcore Farmville player or a casual WOW player.

I don't own a 360. I have a gaming quality PC, a PS3 and a Wii. So unless I wanna play Alan Wake (I don't) I have no need to get one.

I'm not a fan of FPS in general really so I'm not really interested in this game
    I just noticed you're Local-chan, so now this makes sense..

although you missed your mindless daily rant on how Halo never evolves, it's for frat fucks and casuals, real gamers don't play it, it's boring, I played the first one I didn't like it because there is something fucking wrong with me since everyone usually agrees the first one was the best, so all the other Halos must be the same even though I haven't played them and have no right to judge them I'll still call them rehashes, fuck Western games, fuck sports games, fuck the 360, it all sucks because I say so so it must be fact....

/of my rant

Any way, anyone catch the new commercial on TV? I saw it the other day on Adult Swim, it was ok but nothing truly exciting.
    Last edited by GuetaMinute; August 2nd, 2010 at 10:46 PM.

Oh its finally coming on TV? Sweet.

Wildlife confirmed for Reach!

A bunch of new videos and screenshots popped up, showcasing 3 multiplayer maps and parts of Campaign

Reverse-invasion confirmed, as well (Elites vs Spartans)

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...0.html?show=hi

Screenie

Which of that is me?

I told you time and time again. I played the first one. It was OK. Nothing ground breaking. My brother owns a 360 and thus I've played most of the main games on that (Halo, Gears of War etc.)

Of course since you love the 360 so much you'll completely ignore that.

Fair enough, I don't feel like arguing right now. You forgot I'm also a fan of Nintendo's older games (up to GC and few Wii games) and while I don't own a PS3, I respect Sony. Also, I'll be getting that sweet-ass 3DS.

omg, that thing looks awesome!

Bugger no turret on the back. But I guess it will give you more protection than the Warthog.

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...page=mediaFull This looks great and fast, And it looks like it has a plasma turret on the back.
    Last edited by !!!FRANKY!!!; August 4th, 2010 at 12:43 AM.

The less turrets the better imo.
    But yeah that Human vehicle and the dinosaur thing look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by !!!FRANKY!!! View Post
    Bugger no turret on the back. But I guess it will give you more protection than the Warthog.

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...page=mediaFull This looks great and fast, And it looks like it has a plasma turret on the back.
    That ones called the Revenant, it's like a Wraith and Ghost combination. It shoots plasma mortars stronger and faster than the Wraith, and is a faster vehicle but it's smaller and more vulnerable.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information