+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 651

Thread: Political Despair

  1. #61

    Default Re: Political Despair

    What a lovely page long bandwagon of bashing...if I would be a troll I would be laughing my ass off, but I am not and subject being so serious I dont really find this so amusing.

    In most of islam countrys womans have very little saying about their marriage and instead their familys arrange them, its 2010 and we still get reports of even 9 year old girls being forced married to old +60 year old guys who they have never met. Sharia even states that wifes and brides should obey their husbands and if husband demands sex then wife has to collabarate, so this is raping because it happens against womans will.

    Islamic, no rather a arabic culture because Koran does not really mention anything about womans being a lower gender except that it mentions that man should have maximum of 3 wifes (What arab gentlemen go around using 'foot-wifes' who are not offically their wives but rather a 'minor wives' so males of this culture can have entire harems and this is often true in most elite members of society, though at later years massive harems are more rare).

    On contrary Bible on opposed of Koran does downplay womans in many courses and mainly focuses on males.

    Oppresion of womans in arabic culture has its roots beoynd coming of Islam but arabs rather concluded their general despise of womans to the earliest Sharia laws and therefor pretty much every single country with islam being major religion is oppresing womans one way or another.

    We are appaled by atrocity happening to Afgan woman but that same shit is still happening in most of islamic countrys, even most western and open minded islamic country Turkey does step on womans rights and outside major citys womans have little their own rights though its not initated by goverment but rather local populace nevertheless goverment still keeps blind eye for such events.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Shandian View Post
    What a lovely page long bandwagon of bashing...if I would be a troll I would be laughing my ass off, but I am not and subject being so serious I dont really find this so amusing.

    In most of islam countrys womans have very little saying about their marriage and instead their familys arrange them, its 2010 and we still get reports of even 9 year old girls being forced married to old +60 year old guys who they have never met. Sharia even states that wifes and brides should obey their husbands and if husband demands sex then wife has to collabarate, so this is raping because it happens against womans will.

    Islamic, no rather a arabic culture because Koran does not really mention anything about womans being a lower gender except that it mentions that man should have maximum of 3 wifes (What arab gentlemen go around using 'foot-wifes' who are not offically their wives but rather a 'minor wives' so males of this culture can have entire harems and this is often true in most elite members of society, though at later years massive harems are more rare).

    On contrary Bible on opposed of Koran does downplay womans in many courses and mainly focuses on males.

    Oppresion of womans in arabic culture has its roots beoynd coming of Islam but arabs rather concluded their general despise of womans to the earliest Sharia laws and therefor pretty much every single country with islam being major religion is oppresing womans one way or another.

    We are appaled by atrocity happening to Afgan woman but that same shit is still happening in most of islamic countrys, even most western and open minded islamic country Turkey does step on womans rights and outside major citys womans have little their own rights though its not initated by goverment but rather local populace nevertheless goverment still keeps blind eye for such events.
    What's this load of crap. Just burn him alive guys.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Jed Bartlett was the best president we ever had or ever will have. Even with the undisclosed MS scandal.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  4. #64
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Wow, still remaining totally intolerant to other cultures and religions.

    Good luck with that.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Shandian View Post
    man should have maximum of 3 wifes
    Four.
    I know I'm a nitpick.

    And I obtained this info this from a stand-up comedian.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Ahem.

    Spoiler:


    And there it is.

  7. #67
    Royal Pain~ Chrissie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In my own lil' world~

    Default Re: Political Despair

    If you actually think that only women in Saudi Arabia suffer from rape and abuse, then I can tell you that you. are. wrong. OH so FUCKING wrong. Don't make me bring out the fucking statistics of abused and/or raped women, men and children of 2009 JUST in Cyprus. The entire world is a fucked up place if you haven't figured that out by now. Even in those 'nice, quiet, undisturbed and flawless neighborhoods' there's at least a woman, man or child out of ten that is sexually, verbally and/or physically abused daily. Wake up. Morals have been brushed aside for money and pleasure. Most people simply give no shit anymore or are scared of protecting fellow human beings. And all that suits every government around just fine doesn't it?
    :l Gah. This is why I don't get involved in talk about politics. Because I end up getting pissed off at the end. Well... My answer to most of the problems society has to face, will always be EDUCATION. And since the one in schools is naturally being controlled by the ruling government, then I will give more attention to the education we get from our family: morals and culture... Which basically should've been completed by the education we get in schools but that one is obviously concentrated on 'getting the best grade to get the best job' and not on making responsible, thinking and able to judge what's wrong and what's right, human beings. What pisses me off more than anything about education, is that while at the first years children DO learn about morals and how to think for themselves, there comes education in Junior High to flush all that down in the toilet and then in High School the last remains of morality and critical thinking are scrubbed off by a big dose of dry knowledge and grade hunting trends... Am I getting sidetracked again? << >> Oh yes I am. *slides back into the shadows to babble about cookies*
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212


    ~Goronyanya~

  8. #68

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by SMUDGE View Post
    Wow, still remaining totally intolerant to other cultures and religions.

    Good luck with that.
    Yeah I totally should support and sympathize culture that encourages you to practically enslave womens. I totally think it would be soo awesome to stone women to death at public because they are suspected having outside marriage affair /sarcasm.

    Western culture is far from perfect and it has some major flaws and other cultures have their own excellent sides but as going for islamic culture I find just too many crimes and injustices.

    Oh I think its pretty damn weird that when Swizerland denied building minaritys (those towers with speakers constantly playing islamic yoodling) in their public vote all islamic countrys in World are sudden outrage and are demanding Switzerland to close this law as its being fucking intolerant?

    Oh yeah good luck trying to establish church or such to most islamic countrys, infact its great way to get yourself beaten if you go around being openly non-muslim?

    I wonder why there is so much bashing? Is it because you think I am unreasonable with my disdain about Islam and its effects or perhaps you think their way to treat womens are O.K?

  9. #69
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    If you actually think that only women in Saudi Arabia suffer from rape and abuse, then I can tell you that you. are. wrong. OH so FUCKING wrong. Don't make me bring out the fucking statistics of abused and/or raped women, men and children of 2009 JUST in Cyprus. The entire world is a fucked up place if you haven't figured that out by now. Even in those 'nice, quiet, undisturbed and flawless neighborhoods' there's at least a woman, man or child out of ten that is sexually, verbally and/or physically abused daily. Wake up. Morals have been brushed aside for money and pleasure. Most people simply give no shit anymore or are scared of protecting fellow human beings. And all that suits every government around just fine doesn't it?
    :l Gah. This is why I don't get involved in talk about politics. Because I end up getting pissed off at the end. Well... My answer to most of the problems society has to face, will always be EDUCATION. And since the one in schools is naturally being controlled by the ruling government, then I will give more attention to the education we get from our family: morals and culture... Which basically should've been completed by the education we get in schools but that one is obviously concentrated on 'getting the best grade to get the best job' and not on making responsible, thinking and able to judge what's wrong and what's right, human beings. What pisses me off more than anything about education, is that while at the first years children DO learn about morals and how to think for themselves, there comes education in Junior High to flush all that down in the toilet and then in High School the last remains of morality and critical thinking are scrubbed off by a big dose of dry knowledge and grade hunting trends... Am I getting sidetracked again? << >> Oh yes I am. *slides back into the shadows to babble about cookies*
    Oh wow, you wouldn't think you won friendliest member:O

  10. #70
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England

    Default Re: Political Despair

    What is this bigots fixation we me?

  11. #71
    Royal Pain~ Chrissie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In my own lil' world~

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Oh wow, you wouldn't think you won friendliest member:O
    I am pms'ing and I haven't had any chocolate yet. Plus
    Education and Rape are two of the matters I am the most serious about.
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212


    ~Goronyanya~

  12. #72

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Oh wow, you wouldn't think you won friendliest member:O
    True dat, but she's 100% right.
    Seriously, there is not a single thing I disagree with. My blood always starts to boil If I talk about things like this, especially about Balkan politics.


  13. #73

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Shandian View Post
    Yeah I totally should support and sympathize culture that encourages you to practically enslave womens. I totally think it would be soo awesome to stone women to death at public because they are suspected having outside marriage affair /sarcasm.

    Western culture is far from perfect and it has some major flaws and other cultures have their own excellent sides but as going for islamic culture I find just too many crimes and injustices.

    Oh I think its pretty damn weird that when Swizerland denied building minaritys (those towers with speakers constantly playing islamic yoodling) in their public vote all islamic countrys in World are sudden outrage and are demanding Switzerland to close this law as its being fucking intolerant?

    Oh yeah good luck trying to establish church or such to most islamic countrys, infact its great way to get yourself beaten if you go around being openly non-muslim?

    I wonder why there is so much bashing? Is it because you think I am unreasonable with my disdain about Islam and its effects or perhaps you think their way to treat womens are O.K?
    Forgetting the whole fact that your posts are very VERY insensitive and Racist, (I think everyone's already covered this) there's also the fact that you've succeeded in derailing this thread.
    I was talking about some American Halliburton employees who raped an American woman. They just happened to be over there when it happened.

    Your Racist thoughts on The Arabic culture and your bigoted thoughts on Islam have nothing to do with this.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

  14. #74

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    :l Gah. This is why I don't get involved in talk about politics. Because I end up getting pissed off at the end. Well... My answer to most of the problems society has to face, will always be EDUCATION. And since the one in schools is naturally being controlled by the ruling government, then I will give more attention to the education we get from our family: morals and culture.
    Karl Marx asked a good question on this topic, it was: "Who will educate the educators?"

    Even with family, the same question still applies. What happens if the parents are wrong?

    I think the most important thing in this regard is rational thought, though this is not without its dangers and can be difficult depending on someones past.

  15. #75
    Royal Pain~ Chrissie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In my own lil' world~

    Default Re: Political Despair

    I am teacher myself, well will be one in a couple of years, and we had several discussions on this matter. The best answer we have till now is: Free seminars for both parents and teachers, that concentrate on where should parents and teachers give more attention to while educating children and which pedagogical methods are more proper. There have already been several tries organizing similar seminars to this in Greece but with not as much success as it's desired. But at least people are starting to realize that better Education= a much better World
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212


    ~Goronyanya~

  16. #76
    Great Thane Of Goatdor Kaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    While it's true that Obama hasn't made drastic improvements, I hope we can at least agree that he hasn't made our situation worse. Also, blaming problems on the previous administration is something every politician does, whether or not it's true, so that's not really new. Bush did it, Clinton did it, the first Bush did it, and even Reagan did it. Hell, if you go back to George Washington, he probably blamed stuff (rightly) on the British.
    I suppose. I mean I grew up in a conservative home and if that wasn't obvious in my last post then I don't know what is. But, aside from growing up conservative and just being used to their ideals, I try to stand back and take a look at the big picture.

    My parents whenever they hear something on the news about Obama, (( mostly my father)) They call him "The King" saying that if he says it it'll happen and yadda yadda yadda. And I try to look around that, like the guy who tried to blow up an airplane Christmas Day, he's already been indited, and they haven't sent him back to his own country thank god.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    I am teacher myself, well will be one in a couple of years, and we had several discussions on this matter. The best answer we have till now is: Free seminars for both parents and teachers, that concentrate on where should parents and teachers give more attention to while educating children and which pedagogical methods are more proper. There have already been several tries organizing similar seminars to this in Greece but with not as much success as it's desired. But at least people are starting to realize that better Education= a much better World
    Congratulations! Hope you have a great and fulfilling career in Education.

    On the second note, is that something which is easy to do in Greece? In the United States, something like that could only happen in a certain community, and that community would be of a specific type, latino, white upper-class, African-American and so forth. And doing such a thing across socio-economic classes is difficult, especially I would think for the low income class.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    If you actually think that only women in Saudi Arabia suffer from rape and abuse, then I can tell you that you. are. wrong. OH so FUCKING wrong. Don't make me bring out the fucking statistics of abused and/or raped women, men and children of 2009 JUST in Cyprus. The entire world is a fucked up place if you haven't figured that out by now. Even in those 'nice, quiet, undisturbed and flawless neighborhoods' there's at least a woman, man or child out of ten that is sexually, verbally and/or physically abused daily. Wake up. Morals have been brushed aside for money and pleasure. Most people simply give no shit anymore or are scared of protecting fellow human beings. And all that suits every government around just fine doesn't it?
    :l Gah. This is why I don't get involved in talk about politics. Because I end up getting pissed off at the end. Well... My answer to most of the problems society has to face, will always be EDUCATION. And since the one in schools is naturally being controlled by the ruling government, then I will give more attention to the education we get from our family: morals and culture... Which basically should've been completed by the education we get in schools but that one is obviously concentrated on 'getting the best grade to get the best job' and not on making responsible, thinking and able to judge what's wrong and what's right, human beings. What pisses me off more than anything about education, is that while at the first years children DO learn about morals and how to think for themselves, there comes education in Junior High to flush all that down in the toilet and then in High School the last remains of morality and critical thinking are scrubbed off by a big dose of dry knowledge and grade hunting trends... Am I getting sidetracked again? << >> Oh yes I am. *slides back into the shadows to babble about cookies*
    Best New Member.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Ok, let's all try to ignore that subject and go on with a positive discussion.

  20. #80
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Political Despair

    Roboblue is like a captain trying to bail out a sinking ship lol.

    Eh, political contributions...

    Democrats are pussies and Republicans are ignorant.

    No seriously, when you rip away all the political bullshit, this is the sole reason why America is in the state it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts