+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 323 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Disney animation thread

Woot- I started the Disney topic! :D Huzzah! So to get the discussion started, here's some of Disney's latest ventures:

Chicken Little
    Bambi 2 (Bambi and the Great Prince)
    Amercian dog
    Rapunzel:Unbraided
    Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch
    Kronk's New Groove (including a new tv series The Emperor's New Skool)
    And lastly,
    Toy Story 3-rumoured to be about what would happen when Andy grows up and the toy's end up in the best place for them, somehere they will be loved and played with - a pre school nursery. If this is made, it will be done without Pixar and possibly without Tom Hanks (voice of Woody).

And a bunch I couldn't find sites for (at the moment anyway ...not that it really matters, they're all direct to video):

Mickey in Space
    Cinderella III
    The Little Mermaid III
    Brother Bear II
    The Aristocats II
    The Tinker Bell Movie
    The Fox and the Hound II
    (source: UltimateDisney.com)

I didn't include new live-action movies like Pirates of the Carribean2 (coming out next year(?)) and what not just because... I don't really do live action too much. :lol:

There you go. Let the discussions begin~ ^__^

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Oh HELL no they are not trying to make a Toy Story 3 without Pixar. The first two were perfect as they were, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

Hell, leave ALL your old classics alone. We don't need anymore crappy sequels!

Honestly, the only things I am looking forward to on the above list are Chicken Little, and anything to do with Emperor's New Groove is okay by me.

Disney is dead. Plain and simple.

Tell me when they're ready to formally apologize for Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles.

None of those movies sound very good to me. The Bambi 2 might be good, so I'll see that one.

Goliath Chronicles? I didn't know about any of that. I liked the Gargoyles series, what was wrong with it?

After the last of the "regular" Gargoyles episodes ('Hunter's Moon part III'), they did an "additional season" of episodes set after that as Saturday morning fare. These were subtitled 'The Goliath Chronicles'. The original guy behind the series wasn't really involved, the new plots were far weaker, and a lot of the depth evaporated. It died mercifully.

NOOOOOO!
    I'm okay with Chicken Little but remakes of Cinderella,
    The Little Mermaid,
    Brother Bear,
    The Aristocats,
    and The Fox and the Hound is too much!

Oi Sanji

Wink

Originally posted by taboo@Jul 1 2005, 01:36 AM

Cinderella III

[snapback]80974[/snapback]
    What the fuck. I wasn't aware they'd made Cinderella II!

When you make two sequels to Cinderella, you have to ask yourself one of two things. How is it relevant, and who gives a damn?

I mean, what next? - Snow White and the Seven Dwarves IV!?

I'm sure Mr. Walt Disney wouldn't approve of such crazy hijinks.

oh god no :o

not a sequal to The Fox and the Hound,
    all the other movies on that list were crappy anyways so they can ruin those with sequals all the like but the fox and the hound was a childhood favorite of mine :(

thank god im not a child anymore and i dont have to grow up with this crap :lol:

Chibi Zoro

Oh crap. Sequels to classic movies often go wrong when it's Disney, Lol.

Toy Story without Pixar has a horrible fate. Little Chicken seems ok, but.

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

Sequels and TV shows for Bambi, Emperor's New Groove and a bunch for other movies that don't need a continuation?!

I'm seriously starting to hate Disney, those money grubbers want to come out with a friggin sequel for everything.

How can they have a Toy Story without Pixar? From that list, they seem to want even more money (for another theme park =P ).

Originally posted by taboo@Jun 30 2005, 08:36 PM
    If this is made, it will be done without Pixar and possibly without Tom Hanks (voice of Woody).
    [snapback]80974[/snapback]
    And Disney will have ruin another part of my childhood, man why do disney think that they could make an Toy Story without Pixar I mean without Pixar their wouldnt been Toy Story, to me Toy Story belongs more to Pixar than Diseny since Pixar did make it.
    Damekko Doubutsu in a nutshell
    "the unicorn drinks, the rabbit smokes, the male bear is gay, the wolf is a wimp, the cheetah is retarded, the dolphin can't swim, the eagle is near blind... how can you not enjoy this show."-Anonymous

Walt Disney has been spinning in his grave for years...I'm surprised China hasnt found em' yet. Anyway the best disney sequel EVER was Rescuers Down under....bar none the best! It even was released in theaters.

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

Originally posted by Hyper Dingo@Jul 1 2005, 06:32 PM
    Walt Disney has been spinning in his grave for years...I'm surprised China hasnt found em' yet. Anyway the best disney sequel EVER was Rescuers Down under....bar none the best! It even was released in theaters.
    [snapback]81665[/snapback]
    Damn straight, other great sequels were Toy Story 2 and............... erm, shit, they really weren't a lot of good sequels were there?

Originally posted by Solar Knight+Jul 1 2005, 02:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Solar Knight &#064; Jul 1 2005, 02:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>How can they have a Toy Story without Pixar? From that list, they seem to want even more money (for another theme park =P ).
    [/b]

Rumor is there&#39;s one being planned for Texas..... o___o But it&#39;s only a rumor.

Originally posted by Borlz@Jul 1 2005, 02:58 PM
    And Disney will have ruin another part of my childhood, man why do disney think that they could make an Toy Story without Pixar I mean without Pixar their wouldnt been Toy Story, to me Toy Story belongs more to Pixar than Diseny since Pixar did make it.
    [snapback]81580[/snapback]
    True&#33; However Pixar refused to renew it&#39;s contract with Disney last year, and Disney owns the rights to Toy Story, Monster&#39;s Inc, The Incredibles, etc. So unless it gets renewed, all sequels will be........

<!--QuoteBegin-Hyper Dingo
    @Jul 1 2005, 06:32 PM
    Walt Disney has been spinning in his grave for years...I&#39;m surprised China hasnt found em&#39; yet.
    [/quote]
    4 words. Hong Kong Disney World. (lmao)

Anyway the best disney sequel EVER was Rescuers Down under....bar none the best&#33; It even was released in theaters
    Yeah&#33; I love that movie so much. ^o^ I liked it better than the first actually~ That Kangaroo mouse guy and Orville xD

You know, these sequels to sequels are nothing more than money makers. There&#39;s no &#39;Disney Magic&#39; in them at all, they&#39;re just tapes that moms can pop in to shut the kids up for a while.

Interesting fact: Disney CEO Micheal Eisner was paid 203,000,000 in 1993. :mellow:

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Originally posted by Bounty1Berry@Jul 1 2005, 12:32 AM
    After the last of the "regular" Gargoyles episodes (&#39;Hunter&#39;s Moon part III&#39;), they did an "additional season" of episodes set after that as Saturday morning fare. These were subtitled &#39;The Goliath Chronicles&#39;. The original guy behind the series wasn&#39;t really involved, the new plots were far weaker, and a lot of the depth evaporated. It died mercifully.
    [snapback]81101[/snapback]
    but lo and behold, there may be hope yet for Gargoyles&#33; Supposedly disney releases the second season on DVD and it does well, which it probably will since the first season DVD went spectacular (got a copy myself), they&#39;re going to start up the series again. Also, there&#39;s going to be a comic coming out some time in the near future. I don&#39;t really have any detailed info about it with the exception that grieg wiesman will be writing it, and he&#39;ll be the ONLY writer.

As for everything else from disney...well...they can bite my ass for raping my childhood and destroying my realtives&#39; with their shitty sequals. I&#39;m hoping that their own Computer Animation department will be good considering it&#39;s my major, but i&#39;ve got low standards, and there is still a multitude of other avenues i can go down, like gaming, or special effects, or working for other computer animation studios.

Actually now that i think of it, there was one great sequal other than Rescuers Down Under: Fantasia 2000&#33; It was truly amazing and wonderful.

Tell me when they&#39;re ready to formally apologize for Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles. ---Bounty1Berry
    Thank B1B, that line gave me a good laugh. :D

I knew Disney likes to make straight to video DVDs but damn&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I wonder when they&#39;ll get to, oh I don&#39;t know, making original cartoons&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Ironically, I&#39;ll look at Toy Story 3, when it comes to home video. otherwise I&#39;m going to read every review so I won&#39;t lose &#036;6.50 on it.

Interesting fact: Disney CEO Micheal Eisner was paid 203,000,000 in 1993.
    Don&#39;t worry. I predict his salary will decrease significally now that the Disney board members forced has forced him out.

All this Disney talk got me thinking about how they&#39;re indirectly responsible for One Piece and how it is shown on American TV. Also how similar Disney and 4kidsTV are.

Disney is far FAR worse than 4kids could ever hope to be. Al Kahn&#39;s edits may be irritating, but Micheal Eisner truly is a scumbag.
    Yeah you&#39;re right. Its sad, I use to like Eisner during Disney&#39;s heyday.

Originally posted by Dragon Warrior+Jul 1 2005, 06:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragon Warrior &#064; Jul 1 2005, 06:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hyper Dingo@Jul 1 2005, 06:32 PM
    Walt Disney has been spinning in his grave for years...I&#39;m surprised China hasnt found em&#39; yet. Anyway the best disney sequel EVER was Rescuers Down under....bar none the best&#33; It even was released in theaters.
    [snapback]81665[/snapback]
    Damn straight, other great sequels were Toy Story 2 and............... erm, shit, they really weren&#39;t a lot of good sequels were there?
    [snapback]81677[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]
    heh well you see i&#39;m not counting toy story 2 because pixar did it and in my eyes pixar can do no wrong XD

Originally posted by OP Man@Jul 1 2005, 10:02 PM
    Don&#39;t worry. I predict his salary will decrease significally now that the Disney board members forced has forced him out.
    Bah, the board won&#39;t do anything. If anything, they&#39;re just as money grubbing as he is. And anyway If Roy Disney himself couldn&#39;t save Disney, I don&#39;t know what else could.

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Originally posted by taboo+Jul 1 2005, 11:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(taboo &#064; Jul 1 2005, 11:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-OP Man@Jul 1 2005, 10:02 PM
    Bah, the board won&#39;t do anything. If anything, they&#39;re just as money grubbing as he is. And anyway If Roy Disney himself couldn&#39;t save Disney, I don&#39;t know what else could.
    [snapback]81751[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]
    Well, you got have a good product if you want to make money. They just need a major overhaul. They did try to force him out and I think they succeeded. I think he is "retiring" when his contract expires.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information