+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney animation thread

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Originally posted by Ubiq+Jul 5 2005, 12:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ubiq &#064; Jul 5 2005, 12:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Forte EXE@Jul 2 2005, 08:58 PM
    WHAT&#33;

[snapback]82431[/snapback]

Eisner is an frickin&#39; moron.
    [snapback]83655[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]

What was your first clue?
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Good news for those who didn&#39;t know. CEO Roger Iger has opened renegotiations with Pixar.

Now if they do something about that wasteland called Toon Disney. Its filled with old Fox Kids reruns and passes them as a new series.

Satuday Mornings suck too. Nothing but out of production sitcoms

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Originally posted by OP Man@Jul 24 2005, 02:03 AM
    Good news for those who didn&#39;t know. CEO Roger Iger has opened renegotiations with Pixar.

[snapback]95242[/snapback]
    Ne? That&#39;s good, I guess. At least they can do CGI films (Which by the way are totally being used to death) and know that they have a chance.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Now if they do something about that wasteland called Toon Disney. Its filled with old Fox Kids reruns and passes them as a new series.
    I wish they&#39;d do somthing with The Disney Channel too. :/ But I&#39;m really REALLY glad they&#39;re talking about making up with Pixar. ^^

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Well, that&#39;s interesting. Looks like Pixar got Disney right where they want them. :)

And yes, Toon Disney is mostly pretty lame...EXCEPT, they&#39;re showing The Tick animated series now. XD

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Man, I remember back when Toon Disney wasn&#39;t crap.. oh well.

And the best cartoons by Disney was the WWII propaganda stuff... particularly "Commando Duck."

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Valiantt

Hah I love Disney Propaganda...now THAT was when cartoons were good...not all this garbage they show on disney now. (*cough hillary duff thing, 2 blonde twin boys, some pyschic etc..*) sorry if any of you like this, but I find it demeaning. Anyway...it was all about how Disney portrayed Germany and Hitler&#39;s regime, (was the one with Donald&#39;s dream that he was working in Germany) great ep..anyone managed to see it?

*opps sorry if I went off track you know T-T

Originally posted by Senshi Mizaka+Jul 24 2005, 02:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Senshi Mizaka &#064; Jul 24 2005, 02:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Originally posted by OP Man@Jul 24 2005, 02:03 AM

[snapback]95242[/snapback]
    Ne? That&#39;s good, I guess. At least they can do CGI films (Which by the way are totally being used to death) and know that they have a chance.
    [snapback]95248[/snapback]
    [/b]

Yeah, they&#39;re going overboard all of with CGI movies, but at least if they get back together with Pixar, we don&#39;t have to worry about them doing Toy Story 3 by themselves.

I don&#39;t see why they don&#39;t do more traditional cartoon movies? If it flops, its not like they&#39;ll have to close Disneyland
    Originally posted by taboo@Jul 24 2005, 05:32 PM
    I wish they&#39;d do somthing with The Disney Channel too. :/ But I&#39;m really REALLY glad they&#39;re talking about making up with Pixar. ^^
    [snapback]95581[/snapback]
    They seem more interested in making lightweight sitcoms that UPN wouldn&#39;t touch. They need to try and push the envelop a little, and start producing some shows with a Y7 tv rating instead of G rated stuff.

<!--QuoteBegin-CosmicDebris
    @Jul 24 2005, 05:52 PM
    Well, that&#39;s interesting. Looks like Pixar got Disney right where they want them. :)

And yes, Toon Disney is mostly pretty lame...EXCEPT, they&#39;re showing The Tick animated series now. XD
    [snapback]95592[/snapback]
    [/quote]
    I guess there is a silver lining in everything. XD

Is it wrong for me to be a little interested in their new movie Sky High&#33; ? It looks intersting on TV but I just know if I go see it, the movie will total misrepresent superheroes, have cliche characters, extremely campy, and more cheese than Wisconsin

I don&#39;t see why they don&#39;t do more traditional cartoon movies? If it flops, its not like they&#39;ll have to close Disneyland
    They don&#39;t want to release flops, of course. They want all their releases to be big blockbusters. But like I said, they seem to be focusing on the wrong things. It&#39;s not that 2D can&#39;t make them money, they just are making lack-luster 2D fare, so therefore they aren&#39;t doing so well at the box office. And now the 2D studio is closed. :(

Originally posted by CosmicDebris@Jul 26 2005, 06:35 AM
    And now the 2D studio is closed. :(
    [snapback]96709[/snapback]
    and this marks the end of the disney i knew and loved :(

all u have to do to see how messed up disney is now is to look at the list of movies int he beginning...all SEQUELS, meaning there NO imagination left at disny. peronally i cant believe all the "real life" shows (meaning movies and shows that arent cartoon) that disney is putting out. pixar is definitely takin over and in my opinion they outta sue disney for takin most of the money made off of pixars past movies when disney didnt do jack squat

pixar is definitely takin over and in my opinion they outta sue disney for takin most of the money made off of pixars past movies when disney didnt do jack squat
    That&#39;s actually the reason why Pixar never renewed their contract. =)

And the best cartoons by Disney was the WWII propaganda stuff... particularly "Commando Duck."
    Ooh&#33; I remember seeing the one where Donald goes door to door selling war bonds. Those were cool.

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Not really a big deal but Disney closed their animation division in Australia. They handled the sequals. I guess this means that they, aside from TV cartoons, have gone totally CGI and reached the point of no return.

I wonder if this will be the end of Disney? I mean.... it's illogical to think the company will be around forever.... I don't know. Maybe someone new will take their place in the 2d world.

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by OP Man
    Not really a big deal but Disney closed their animation division in Australia. They handled the sequals. I guess this means that they, aside from TV cartoons, have gone totally CGI and reached the point of no return.
    I've seen the trailer for the upcoming CGI film, "Chicken little", and it seems halfway decent- it's a modern take on what happened after the old story. However, I've also seen a little "Disney Channel", and if the only 2D is TV-shows now, it looks reaaaaly bad for Disney, seeing as how the latest good show was Kim Possible. Beyond that, It's crap.

I wonder if this will be the end of Disney? I mean.... it's illogical to think the company will be around forever.... I don't know. Maybe someone new will take their place in the 2d world.
    I sure hope it will be that superb Japanese animator who's Done "Spirited away" and "Howl's moving castle". I mean, Dreamworks can't be relied upon either.

Watch me as I show you my reaction towards the desicion of Disney.
    *walks out the room.* *doorslams* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    WHY!!!!!!!! Why must they pick at things that are already done!!!! They can't just think of new ideas like they usually do, no!!! They have to bring back movies that aern't even that good. Some were good, but they were done, over, finished!!!

*GASP* I'm calm, I'm good. *Stops destroying T.V* I think that the first few, (except Bambi) are gonna be pretty cool. Now adays Disney worked on real life movies instead of animation. Like Sky High, which was totally cool. Hmmmm, it seems as though Disney is running out of ideas....
    <3<3
    3DS Friend Code: 2466 - 2906 - 8327 | FS: (Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong)
    PS4 Gamertag: GeoLigar

Box 1 & 2 Teams
    | Box 3, 4 and 5 Teams

They're so busy trying to run ESPN and ABC, that they forget what got them there in the first place.

I'll probably look at Valiant. Its from the producers of both Shrek movies so its worth a look

Lilo & Stitch will air new episodes Aug.22 to Aug.28 With the last episode guest starring Kim Possible.

Lastly they're coming out with DVDs of Rescue Rangers and Ducktales, this fall. Ah, the good old days.

I loved that trailer for Chicken Little!
    BGM...Dragostea din Tei.Awesome.
    And also,Lilo and Stitch will be guest starring Kim Possible?!?
    That's two different art styles!
    I think they'll pull a Jimmy Neutron and Fairy Oddparents special style..(3D Timmy,2D Jimmy)

They also had a special when penny Proud met Lilo and Stitch, too bad I missed it.
    I think they're doin' these cross-overs to kick off the Movie Lilo and Stitch 2.
    What's next, Lilo and Stitch meet Jake Long??
    <3<3
    3DS Friend Code: 2466 - 2906 - 8327 | FS: (Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong)
    PS4 Gamertag: GeoLigar

Box 1 & 2 Teams
    | Box 3, 4 and 5 Teams

Quote Originally Posted by OP Man
    I don't think there's really a point of no return. Should it become fashionable and profitable for them to go back to 2D, they most certainly will.
    They'll make a really big deal out of it too, like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information