+ Reply to Thread
Page 391 of 392 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 7838

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

The pilot episode of The Ghost and Molly McGee is out. From just watching the first episode, I already like this show.

Here is the trailer for the upcoming episodes of The Ghost and Molly McGee. Also I want to mention episodes 3 - 5 are going to up on Disney+ this Wednesday.

The opening for S3 of Amphibia was pretty good.
    Spoiler:
    Anne had been gone for 5 months. And her parents are great. Andrias ordering the killer bot to bring a new book of a series and chips is just to sadistic.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Ghost and Molly McGee. It's nice and all but not the reason for such a big fuzz Disney made. They sure are up to make 50 songs on S1.
    Besides anything else I gonna ask, is it common to give the attic as a room for your child in America?
    I also cannot believe how close Mr. Shake's og VA sound's reaaaaaaly like the brazilian one. One maybe I heard about the Bible too much.

Turning out a little more Indiana Jones than I first expected:

Some stuff just came out about why The Owl House is ending with a very short season 3. It mostly due the show not fitting the Disney brand. Which I disagree, since I feel the show fits their brand perfectly

Since Sano brought it up I'm gonna post the whole of Dana's statement. Well I was gonna do it anyway.

I wasn't planning on making a post because it's too late for a normal s3 pickup and the real reason we were let go is not as exciting as some of the wild theories I've seen. But there's a bit too much misinformation so I hope I can clear stuff up. Also, posting here instead of twitter because this thread would be too long and too easy to take out of context.
    Why is Owl House ending so soon? Why was s3 cut?
    Was it the LGBT+ rep? While we have had issues airing in a few countries (and are just straight up banned in a few more) I'm not gonna assume bad faith against the people I work with in LA.
    Was it covid/budget related reasons? Every show had to tighten their belts. Budgets were constrained and episodes were cut across the board. But we took the biggest bullet and I wasn't given the option of a "season 4 when parks open again". They just wanted to be done with TOH and this was the perfect chance to do that. Even getting the consolation s3 episodes was difficult, apparently. Hard to say, I wasn't allowed to be a part of any conversations until I was just... Told. Wasn't even allowed to present my case. LOVE the transparency and openness here (this is sarcasm).
    So it was the ratings. That argument doesn't hold water either. Our ratings were GOOD (for a Channel show during the streaming wars lmao) but they were also incomplete. This decision was made, to my knowledge, before Agony of a Witch premiered and WELL before we were on Disney +. Also, how are you gonna judge ratings when you don't rerun the show you're trying to measure? Get OUTTA here you silly billies.
    SO WHAT WAS IT?! At the end of the day, there are a few business people who oversee what fits into the Disney brand and one day one of those guys decided TOH didn't fit that "brand". The story is serialized (BARELY compared to any average anime lmao), our audience skews older, and that just didn't fit this one guy's tastes. That's it! Ain't that wild? Really grinds my guts, boils my brain, kicks my shins, all the things. It sucks but it is what it is.
    In any case, there are still a lot of awesome TOH episodes left to come out, and all the support IS seen and appreciated. Not only does it support the crew but it encourages studios to take bigger risks on shows coming down the pipeline. And, who knows? Maybe there's a future for the Owl House world if DTV has different people in charge.
    For now, we have some exciting specials to go all out on.
    I'll be logging off reddit now, so I won't be answering questions. Just wanted to drop this. GO WATCH AMPHIBIA S3! BYYYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    -Dana

Wow that is incredibly annoying.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So basically it’s on brand for a modern comedic relief character?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Frog up
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It's more or less the Lilo and Stitch trailers but without the awareness that Stitch mocking those moments is what made them funny rather than it just being "famous moment + Stitch = funny".

Well, that and not realizing how little interest in Olaf anybody who saw Coco in theaters has.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Sure, just take the one Olaf bit from Frozen 2 that people thought was kinda funny and milk the hell out of it. Instant cash!

Also, Stitch didn't talk in those and try to do the voices.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

A little sneak peek at one of the songs from Encanto (only first 1:00)

Definitely feeling that Lin Manuel-Miranda vibe.

Apparently Alan Tudyk is voicing the toucan. So we have our Hei Hei for this movie.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Damn, Disney must really like him. Hes been playing bit parts in so many Disney things latey.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Disney's no stranger to finding a voice they like and using them over and over. *Especially* 70's Disney, they reused a lot of talent between Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Rescuers and Aristocats.

They had a ton of David Ogden Steers before he passed away. Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Hunchback, Atlantis, Lilo and Stitch, Pooh's Heffalump Movie, plus the sequels and tv specials for those where appropriate...

And obviously before that they had Phil Harris in Jungle Book, Robin Hood, and Aristocats.

Pat Butram in Aristocats, Robin Hood, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, Roger Rabbit, Goofy Movie...

And of course Sterling Halloway. Dumbo, Bambhi, Alice, Jungle Book, Aristocats, Winnie the Pooh...

And speaking of Pooh, John Fiedler who was best known as Piglet but was also in a bunch of other things. Robin Hood, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, Emperor's New Groove,

They also reuse musical composers once they find some that work. Alan Menkin and Howard Ashman , Randy Newman, and now Lin Manuel Miranda... and if you leave the animated and go with live action Disney musicals the Sherman Brothers did well over a dozen movies for Disney including Mary Poppins...

If you want to go with raw role count, I'm going to guess (without actually checking) either Frank Welker or Jim Cummings hold that title since they've done background and minor characters for decades. Welker is especially called upon to do animal sounds and Cummings is a fantastic mimic who's been the official voice of Pete, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger for some time, so....

Tudyk is definitely getting up there though. Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Moana, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Raya, now Enchanto... That's 7 out of the last 8. And obviously he couldn't really be in Frozen 2, so... He's definitely on the list.
    Last edited by Robby; November 8th, 2021 at 03:33 PM.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

He was also Candy King in Ralph 1
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

I'd also like to give a shout-out to Verna Felton who was in Dumbo, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, and The Jungle Book.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information