+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 392 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 7838

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

The 1st superman parody was a throw away sequence by Bugs to stump dumbass Daffy. Whereas the 2nd one was meant to be a direct reference to 2nd film and likely a call back to the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

DANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Spoiler:

How dare you separate Lulu and Hootcifer.
    HOW DARE YOU.
    And wow didn't expect a doppelgänger Luz in the human world.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Trailer for Encanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I like a lot of the backgrounds, the music seems good, and its always cool to have a movie from a new cultural perspective. The hook seems a bit Eh but its early days, but my main problem here is that...I'm kinda tired of the Nu Disney Aesthetic? Like, first thing I thought when I saw the thumbnail was an involuntary and dissapointed "Oh, its this look again". Its not that its a <i>bad </i>look, far from it, but its been 11 years since Tangled. The Little Mermaid also started a Look way back when that subsequent films followed, but in the 11 years after that we got Lion King, Pocahontas, Hercules, Tarzan and Emperors New Groove. When stuff like Spiderverse, the Lego movies, Klaus or Mitchells vs the machines exist, I'm ready for Disney to look a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Trailer for Encanto.

As adorable as this looks (with songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda!), it definitely feels like someone got it from My Hero Academia.

That trailer does nothing for me. It looks pretty (because at this point they always do) but yeah, that style of CG is getting stale. Right after getting Luca?

But hey, more Lin Manuel is good, is he going to be their new go to every couple of films now now that Howard Ashman has passed and they're just saddling Alan Menkn with reworking his old stuff for the live action remakes?

Menkin is 70 so that's fine, but still.
    Last edited by Robby; July 9th, 2021 at 09:12 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Looking up the film it looks like Maribel is being voiced by Stephanie Beatriz, aka Rose Diaz from Brooklyn Nine-Nine. So now I'm a little more interested.

And a comment in the youtube made a good point at how this looks like it was tailor-made to be a walk-through attraction at Disney World.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    But hey, more Lin Manuel is good, is he going to be their new go to every couple of films now now that Howard Ashman has passed and they're just saddling Alan Menkn with reworking his old stuff f0or the live action remakes?

Menkin is 70 so that's fine, but still.
    I feel like Robert Lopez and his wife were going to be their new Menkin, but now that Lin-Manuel Miranda has written songs/music for Moana, Star Wars, this, AND is working with Menkin for new songs for the live-action Little Mermaid, he might be!

Menkin has never been able to find a songwriter that worked as well with him as Ashman did, maybe Miranda can go the distance. As it were.
    Last edited by Satsuki; July 8th, 2021 at 08:42 PM.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

My mind went to Up Up and Away instead, but I couldn’t tell if the entire world had super powers except her or just her family like in Up Up and Away.

Another thing that throws me off is Maribel is supposed to be 15. It doesn’t help that all her shots have her surrounded by tiny children but I did not get a 15 year old vibe from the design at all.

Also excited for Stephanie Beatriz, she has quite a range voice acting wise. Wilmer Valderrama (That 70’s Show and NCIS game) is also doing a voice which is cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Yeah, the "15 years old" threw me for a loop too, the design (and age of the VA) had me thinking "30 year old grad student"

I see the "animal that inexplicably acts like a dog" is a tapir this time.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Another thing that throws me off is Maribel is supposed to be 15. It doesn’t help that all her shots have her surrounded by tiny children but I did not get a 15 year old vibe from the design at all.
    Yeah, she looked like she should be at least in her 20s. And despite Beatriz's talent, she doesn't sound 15 at all. So that's one demerit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I see the "animal that inexplicably acts like a dog" is a tapir this time.
    lol. The tapir (which is hilarious), and all those animals that one kid seems to talk to. Which, let's be fair, has to be the best gift out of that whole family.

Let it be attributed to Lin-Manuel Miranda's gift that after watching the trailer a couple times, that "Colombia" song is now stuck in my head.

This TOH was brought it you by:

Amphibia's third season premier October 2nd.

We are getting New 2D Animated Goofy How To Stay Home Shorts directed by Eric Goldberg on Disney+ August 11th
    https://twitter.com/DisneyD23/status...35042973061149

Kamen Rider OOOs

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Excellent. I love the new Mickey Shorts but can't stand how Goofy looks in them. So I'm glad to see they're leaning a bit closer to his classic style here.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Yeah, there's something that is just off-putting about his design. I guess it's because it's based more on Dippy Dawg with the vest only and general seediness but Disney only ever really used that design once. Doesn't help either that Goofy has worn a full set of clothes for most of his existence and most of the characters in those shorts in general do as well.

Today is St. Hootsifer's Day. All Hail the solver of problems.

Hooty steps up to the plate and promptly launches the ball into the next county.

The (spoiler) moment was every bit as adorkable as I could have hoped for.
    Good job Hooty. Without your meddling great plan, this wouldn't have been possible so soon.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information