+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 381 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 7610

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I have a police against this cash grabs live action remakes, so I'm taking the other side. As I have not nor will watch it, i bring arguments from someone that has:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3QKq24e0HM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZccG-wtt5FA
    Here's another.

Just discovered this animator.

Spoiler:
    Don't know why, but Koda getting randomly snatched by an eagle is the funniest damn thing to me.

I can see people watch this just for hearing Master Shake.

https://twitter.com/MollyMcGee_OOC/s...32399586824192

Soul is getting good early buzz/reviews, which is always neat for an original IP, but I can't help but be annoyed at the common gushing over how "real" it looks, how "it almost seems like Live Action!!". Its a cartoon! Why do we want our cartoons to be photoreal? A cartoon can be literally anything!

Daz my mate, for the Hollywood optics for any form of animation to be considered art is has to be photo realistic or else is just a bunch of drawings designed to sell toys for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Soul is getting good early buzz/reviews, which is always neat for an original IP, but I can't help but be annoyed at the common gushing over how "real" it looks, how "it almost seems like Live Action!!". Its a cartoon! Why do we want our cartoons to be photoreal? A cartoon can be literally anything!
    Real in how the characters are portrayed? cause there's nothing real about the character designs or animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I get what you're feeling frustrated about, like a lot of people act like 3D animation is an evolution to replace that old 2D animation and it always pisses me off. Like a friend of mine once said (I forget what it was referring to now) "I don't understand why they're taking a step backwards and using 2D" and I about bit his head off, lol. They're two different valid forms of art that achieve different aesthetics.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Soul is going to be releasing on Disney+ for free. Seems the experiment of charging 30$ for Mulan on top of the subscription fee did not go well.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Charging for Mulan was partly to milk as much money as they could out of China. And to make up for all the theaters they couldn't play in.

But yeah, better to show for free if you're already paying for Disney+.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Soul is going to be releasing on Disney+ for free. Seems the experiment of charging 30$ for Mulan on top of the subscription fee did not go well.
    You mean charging $30 for a not very good live action adaptation on top of the subscription fee did not go well. All in all doesn't necessarily mean they won't try again gotta offset those layoffs somehow which technically they don't have to do because why reduce exorbitant budgets and pay when you can reduce the workforce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information