+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 364 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364
Results 7,261 to 7,266 of 7266

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Disney only spends money when they want to build their empire and notoriety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Disney only spends money when they want to build their empire and notoriety.
    It was DONE though. They might have to go back in and redo some music timing cues or something, but that 12 minutes of footage already exists in finished form, it was already screened once upon a time and its what the storybook used to get its material from.

And the Disney archive doesn't burn anything. Some really old stuff naturally degraded a bit till it got cleaned up, but the vault should still have everything.

So the finished version (or 99% finished) should just already be THERE, waiting to be a bonus feature/selling point on a new release. Just slap a PG-13 rating on the extended version and call it a day.

When Cauldron came out Pg-13 rating has only existed for like a month, so when the original footage was screened it would have gotten an R, which yeah, not going to happen. They've had lots of PG-13 animated films since though.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Black Cauldron would probably be better if Katzenberg hadn't insisted they cut 12 minutes from the run time, due to not understanding that unlike live action, you dont get B footage to play with and get alternate takes.

The team did what they could and trimmed six minutes, than Katz went in and cut even more.
    Something horrible being traced back to Katzenberg. What a shock.

Also, one of the weirdest things about the movie is that the opening narration says the Black Cauldron is a prison for an evil king, but then never follows up on that. At first I thought the Horned King was the evil king, but no, I guess he's just someone else entirely. And then the Black Cauldron just turns people into zombies. What?

Frozen II soundtrack is officially out.

The vocal songs:
    Spoiler:

The cover versions:
    Spoiler:

And quite a few cut songs, apparently:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Shift; November 21st, 2019 at 02:00 AM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Also, one of the weirdest things about the movie is that the opening narration says the Black Cauldron is a prison for an evil king, but then never follows up on that. At first I thought the Horned King was the evil king, but no, I guess he's just someone else entirely.
    I guess this is a spoiler for a... fifty-five year old book but the Horned King was just a minion who really only showed up long enough in the Book of Three to slap around a kid a few times and then get his head exploded with a word of power spell. The actual villain for the Prydain series was Arawn who also went out in a pretty anti-climatic manner but in the last book of the series rather than the first one.

Since they hacked five books down to one, they just went took the most visually interesting bad guy in the books (I can't even remember if Arawn even got a physical description) and elevated him up to main boss level. It's not too far off from Peter Jackson taking The Mouth of Sauron and making him the villain for a Lord of the Rings movie and just having his boss exist in references to The Ring.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Watched Frozen 2 yesterday
    Spoiler:
    Did not expect the acceptance of war crimes and existential, crippling grief (all with the right coping mechanism) to be this central to the plot. Wow. You could still see the action figures flickering over your inner eye whenever a new character was introduced (damn son, so many toys of Elsa on that Aqua horse are gonna be sold) but it really gave us some surprising depth. I am flabbergasted and really enjoyed it.
    Things I think are cool!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information