+ Reply to Thread
Page 355 of 362 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 7239

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post

Because it's going to make a shitload of money and Beyonce/Gambino/JamesEarlJonesstillbeingalive
    Errmmm it might rabbit it might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Stranger and stranger. Although Disney wisely doesn't show too much to keep the surprises, I'm still not sure I'll enjoy this.

I don't know if we have completely split from the classic Snow Queen, or if they'll use the parts they didn't use in the first (the old lady, the bandit girl, etc.).

If this movie goes into exploring the origin of Elsa's powers, then I actually would be pretty cool with that since I think that's something that really needed more explanation in the first movie.

At 1:29 is she walking into the set of BRAVE? Wreck it Ralph was just the test, Princess Avengers here we come!

Frozen II is such a dull name though compared to Frozen : Subtitle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

I don't know if we have completely split from the classic Snow Queen, or if they'll use the parts they didn't use in the first (the old lady, the bandit girl, etc.).
    They weren't exactly close to the classic the first time around. Even by Disney standards. Going completely their own way makes sense.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    At 1:29 is she walking into the set of BRAVE? Wreck it Ralph was just the test, Princess Avengers here we come!
    Did anybody else think "Shadow of the Colossus" when the thing went stomping by?

They weren't exactly close to the classic the first time around. Even by Disney standards. Going completely their own way makes sense.
    Disney using that little of the original tale made me twitch a little in the first movie (the classic fairy tale nut that I am), so it seems a shame to not use anything they ignored. A bandit girl could easily be put into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Frozen II is such a dull name though compared to Frozen : Subtitle.
    Which is fitting, since Frozen itself is a dull name.

I thought this deserves it's own thread like Star Vs. but anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Which is fitting, since Frozen itself is a dull name.
    Apparently after The Princess and the Frog didn't do as well as hoped, Disney decided that "long princessy" names aren't going to get butts in the seats (specifically boys), so they now only use singular "cool" names like Tangled or Frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I thought this deserves it's own thread like Star Vs. but anyway...

Oh my, now what is THIS?

Oh, what fresh new Hell is this?
    Complicating things since 2009.

https://i.imgur.com/R0HodJA.jpg

i am surprised, confused and intrigued at the same time.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

That had BETTER not be Chip and Dale. OH FUCK NO.

The Owl House looks very promising so far. I don't know what to say about the Chip and Dale thing, but it doesn't look good.

Looks kinda like those modern throwback Mickey mouse cartoons.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So I don't know how much this particular series has been discussed here but the first episode is up and it was pretty damn good. It's much more serious in tone than the previews made it seem.

3DS FC: 0619-3258-8245

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Saw the Frozen II trailer in the theater. I typically don't set specific expectations for open sequels like these, but I'll be disappointed if we don't get a glorious villain song in this one.

Spoiler:

Is this even Mulan at this point?

https://thedisinsider.com/2019/06/29...classic-songs/

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Take it a grain of salt, but if true I won't be surprised.

Better that the movie find its own direction than be a needless shot for shot remake. At least its going to be something NEW. Non Eddy Murphy Mushu might as well be a totally different critter.... since even Eddy Murphy himself in the role now would have weird Donkey from Shrek feelings at this point, and anything else would be weird ala Will Smith Genie not being Robin Williams Genie..

And as noted before, Mulan only had 4 songs, and only one of them was good, so taking the songs out of it isn't a big deal.

As Robby said, other than "I'll Make a Man Out of You" nobody really cares about the songs (they can play "Reflection" in the credits if they want) so it's better if they don't bother. But hearing Mushu being taken out . . . . Mushu is a big icon of Mulan other than, well, Mulan, and trading him for a freaking PHOENIX?

To backtrack: Mushu was one of the Fa family's spirit guardians, which if you paid attention they're all the twelve animals from the Chinese zodiac which includes, yes, a dragon. There is no phoenix in the zodiac. The only reason I can think of them using such a flashy animal as a phoenix is that phoenixes are often paired with dragons in art and iconography. A phoenix is not the kind of animal you can really . . . hide, when trying to sneak into an army.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenghuang

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    As Robby said, other than "I'll Make a Man Out of You" nobody really cares about the songs (they can play "Reflection" in the credits if they want) so it's better if they don't bother.
    I thought people cared for A Woman Worth Fighting For.

To backtrack: Mushu was one of the Fa family's spirit guardians, which if you paid attention they're all the twelve animals from the Chinese zodiac which includes, yes, a dragon. There is no phoenix in the zodiac. The only reason I can think of them using such a flashy animal as a phoenix is that phoenixes are often paired with dragons in art and iconography. A phoenix is not the kind of animal you can really . . . hide, when trying to sneak into an army.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenghuang
    He is a spirit guardian dragon, but he is not THE Guardian Dragon. Mushu's job is to ring the gong that was supossed to awake the dragon, but he breaks the statue by accident.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information