+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 360 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 7199

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Autumn is coming...

Well, that certainly look tonally different from the first one.

They need to just cross over with Brave and be done with it.

Wreck it Ralph already broke the crossover precedent, they may as well just Avengers it up.

But is Frozen II really the best title they could come up with? Not Frozen Down Under or Frozen: The blank of the blank? Numbered sequels are always kind of weird.
    Last edited by Robby; February 13th, 2019 at 10:02 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Elsa is damn cool, you have to admit it. But what the hell was that?

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

No idea what's going on in that trailer, but the animation looks really good.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I think they perfected water CG for Moana so now they gotta use it. Similarly, they perfected hair CG for Tangled and Incredibles, so....
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm really happy that this doesn't look phoned in, which is always the first fear.
    I can actually feel a purpose behind this, can't wait for the context.
    Based on the new girl and the gust of wind nearby, I assume we're exploring
    the concept of other people existing out there with elemental abilities.

Compared to the light-hearted singalong feeling of the first movie,
    the tone of this teaser feels more serious and sincere, and they're not even stuffing Olaf slapstick in there to attract attention.
    Most of the runtime is dedicated to Elsa storming her way through a raging ocean.
    The application of her powers makes me think of Aokiji.

This is outlandishly promising for a new direction.
    It has the potential to reach some great heights if they pull it off well.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    I'm really happy that this doesn't look phoned in, which is always the first fear.
    I can actually feel a purpose behind this, can't wait for the context.
    Based on the new girl and the gust of wind nearby, I assume we're exploring
    the concept of other people existing out there with elemental abilities.

Compared to the light-hearted singalong feeling of the first movie,
    the tone of this teaser feels more serious and sincere, and they're not even stuffing Olaf slapstick in there to attract attention.
    Most of the runtime is dedicated to Elsa storming her way through a raging ocean.
    The application of her powers makes me think of Aokiji.

This is outlandishly promising for a new direction.
    It has the potential to reach some great heights if they pull it off well.
    I completely forgot about Olaf and didn't register that he was only in 2 shots, both of them serious. Pretty impressed that they didn't make the first teaser an unrelated clip of him doing slapstick.

Spoiler:

That was also a fabulous BGM they used during Elsa crossing the waves. Are Robert and Kristen Lopez composing the music again?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yeah, I think they perfected water CG for Moana so now they gotta use it. Similarly, they perfected hair CG for Tangled and Incredibles, so....
    Well, that's Disney. Accumulate your accomplishments with every project and use them whenever you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I completely forgot about Olaf and didn't register that he was only in 2 shots, both of them serious. Pretty impressed that they didn't make the first teaser an unrelated clip of him doing slapstick.
    Part of what made Olaf great is that he wasn't too slapstick-y. He certainly had his moments, but he mostly was just so silly and cheerful that it worked for him rather than being a constant clown.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/02...them-new-song/
    "In the first movie we felt like she didn’t have enough of a goal, it was really just to meet a guy. And here she wants to do more, she wants to save her world of Agrabah, she wants to play her part in leading her kingdom."

Did these people even watch the original?! Jasmine's entire character motivation was basically to get away from her father's insistance that she get married! Sure, she ultimately did end up with Aladdin because Disney does love their romances, but it's not like she went and threw herself at him the moment he showed up. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Yeah, the more I see and hear about the Aladdin remake, the more I think I'm just going to watch Twisted for the fifth or sixth time instead.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

I was a happier person once I decided to just ignore any animated to live action disney films

her Sultan father (Navid Negahban) wishes to marry Jasmine off to Skånland royalty Prince Anders (Billy Magnussen)
    I'm sorry what

Who looks at Aladdin and goes "You know what this needs? A fake scandinavian prince! You now, like the Arabian/Scandinavian royal unions of old!"

I mean, I know Disney is upping their representation game, and thats cool...but do Caucasian Males really need representation in a middle eastern adventure? I say this as an actual dane, not a fake one

I would not be surprised if they were just trying to exploit the Frozen angle.

"Hey, this really popular thing we made had Scandinavian people in it, so lets put Scandinavian people in this thing, even if it makes no sense!"

They're trying to set up a cinematic universe guys. How else are they eventually going to get Aladdin into Hercules again?

I really don't have that great of a opinion of Jasmine. To me she always felt like an entitled teenager believing she knows better. The very concept of paying for what you get eluded her and she really didn't seem to much care about her kingdom just her own needs.

I think if she actually show a minimum of investment and competency in making her kingdom better it would improve the story. And having a real prince depending on how it's played could make the point her father is making a bit more legit rather than just whacky father.

In my opinion, I thought the Kim Possible movie was fine. Because I didn't expect much for this movie since it's one of those Disney Channel movies.

Spoiler:
    I like some of the cast choices for the people that play Ron, Bonnie, Drakken, and Shego, since they got their characters down perfectly. Patton Oswalt and Chrissy Carlson Romano cameos were great. I also want to mention that I like all the references from the tv series like the Middleton High sign that have different jokes almost every episode as well the references the original K.P. outfit as well the references to Duff Killigan and Senor Senor Senior.

Whoa. That's out already?

Eh, still not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by me three months ago
    Also, the trailer missed a beat by not STARTING with Circle of Life. That iconic opening chant is an instant attention grabber and sets the mood, and its super associated with that sunrise. Starting it 40 seconds into the trailer is just... eh.

I guess they listened to me and did the trailer they should have started with.

Still not really doing anything for me since you can compare these shot for shot remake images to the animated and the animated looks better in composition and color every time, but hey, better trailer attempt at least that still has nothing past the opening sequence and doesn't dare show how bad they'll look when they talk.

Eh, not feeling it. I'll pass. Or better yet, watch the original.

Yeah, the only thing that might make me at all interested is seeing John Oliver as Zazu. Even though they could have easily just gotten Rowen Attkinson to reprise the role.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information